Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

first flight - flew in 15' circles

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by usaken, Apr 7, 2014.

1. usaken

Just did my first flight. Got everything connected and synced. Calibrated the compass as directed both horizontal and vertical. Got a slow flashing green light, 7 sattelites showed on the screen. Took off gently and the phantom proceeded to fly around in 15-20 foot circles with hands off the sticks. Because it was moving it was problem to land and tipped it over on the first landing. No damage. Seems I have read somewhere that this circling means something. Any ideas? Thanks

2. tizzl10

where did you do your calibration?

3. usaken

calibrated it in the middle of a field

4. tizzl10

ok.. I had the same issue with mine when I first got it because I calibrated indoors..recalibrated outside and then it was fine. I would do an advanced IMU calibration in phantom assistant and then do another compass calibration.