Firmware Version 01.09.0060

Flew my bird again today after replacing the gimbal circuit board, since I was having 6 secs video transmission delay and downgraded to the 1.7 fw and DJI go app 2.7.2. But RC got latest update. And flew today fine. Best distance I ever got. All stock. I don't plan to update anytime soon.

b853111c321b0df660a8d6e6bcdd55f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Both my P3P and P3A went through the full upgrade procedure, with all the appropriate beeping, they both show success in their respective text files, but both still show 1.8.80+ in GO?

I hear that this is because the firmware has not been confirmed by DJI yet, re-connect to the internet again to confirm.

Yes happened to me. I downloaded again on a new sd card worked fine

Yes happened to me. I downloaded again on a new sd card worked fine

As you say if re-connecting to the internet does not work i'd try uninstalling the Go app and re-install.

I too had the 1.8.80+ issue on my P3P. It still had success for 1.9.60 in the txt file and it flew fine. (also the RC kept showing 'unknown version' unless I restarted the app or updated RC firmware each flight, not sure if this was linked).
Tried multiple installs on both RC and bird. Finally I gave in and just deleted the DJI GO app and reinstalled (running on IOS). This appears to have fixed my + issue as well as the unknown version for the RC.
I hope this may help some others out there.

I hear that this is because the firmware has not been confirmed by DJI yet, re-connect to the internet again to confirm.

Does it really works?
I'm waiting to know what the "+ sign" really means before update. I dont understand why this is not clearly explained!
Also, updates should state clearly what they do at 100%. Not the crap DJI publishes about it.
After all, is my bird, or someone else's?
Nowadays it's obviously almost everyone is afraid doing the upgrades. Whats going wrong here? Should that be the way?

Battery problem with cold weather?
Never heard of it.

And if this is not the reason of the upgrade?
This is not a freeware product, for me to be a beta tester all the time.

Sorry...

I too had the 1.8.80+ issue on my P3P. It still had success for 1.9.60 in the txt file and it flew fine. (also the RC kept showing 'unknown version' unless I restarted the app or updated RC firmware each flight, not sure if this was linked).
Tried multiple installs on both RC and bird. Finally I gave in and just deleted the DJI GO app and reinstalled (running on IOS). This appears to have fixed my + issue as well as the unknown version for the RC.
I hope this may help some others out there.

My update showed the1.8.80+ as well for a while. But after flying around and reconnecting to the WEB (as a result of turning off the iPad and TX/MR when going out to fly). I noticed that now info shows 1.9.60. My txt file always showed success to 1.9.60. So I did not worry about it.

One note to users with poor video reception. I always set my channel to manual and pick a quiet channel and set the data rate to the lowest possible (4mb/s I seem to remember) and I make sure the antennas are in the correct position and always keep MR in visual contact about max 1400' with my eyesight.

Another note, I keep a dedicated iPad just for my P3P. I never add any other apps other than MR related apps, and only run GO or whatever app controls the MR. And I use a known good short USB cable, and I carry a spare, just in case. Cables do go bad. I also often use a second HD monitor, it is independent of the iPad, so that is another backup , you can even show telemetry on that HDMI monitor as well. Though I have never had a lost video or control signal with the last 5-6 FW updates. Early on I lost video a few times when directly overhead. But that has not been an issue lately.

I copied and paste and it worked..thanks everyone for your feedback...It was user error on my part , I was dragging and dropping and I remember last update I did the same, my fault..Uploading nicely now..Thanks
The only difference in techniques is copy puts the whole file in memory and then transfers it. Will not work for files larger than then memory capacity of your computer. Dragging copies incrementally, same as downloading. Should make no difference.

Still losing RC signal/transmission. No change to distance before losing signal. About 80 metres, loss of signal and fly home.
DJI what are doing to fix this issue??
By the sounds of it dji are doing fark all about it
Every day more and more people complaining about loss of signal

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

I got my P3A two weeks ago but never flew it due to constant problems updating the FW on my controller.
It just won't update.
I tried the .bin file on SD, on thumb drive, tried USB cable without success.
Support Asked me to hard reset RC, still nothing.
It shows Overal Status as Normal. No update required!?
Reinstalled the app, now it only gives me Phantom 4 software, no option for Phantom 3 Advanced.
Aircraft has latest FW 1.9.60
Please Help!

Has anything been said about the esc error that this update may have caused some people. More than one person said it happened to them. Is it a minority or something to worry about and avoid doing this update?

Non here. ;-)
Ah, but I am not a candidate for Any of the malady symptoms.

RedHotPoker

Has anything been said about the esc error that this update may have caused some people. More than one person said it happened to them. Is it a minority or something to worry about and avoid doing this update?

In my case, the latest firmware update brought up the error after 2 perfect flights, then bricked it. Downgrading didn't help. I don't think it is a widespread problem. Just a few unlucky ones have had it happen to them. I have sent mine back to DJI for repair.

I would
1 - format the SD card (or use another one)
2 - redownload the bin file from the official DJI website
3 - export it on your SD card
4 - try the process again.

Let me know, what you get.

Also, when you put the Sd card in your computer, do you get a txt file?
if yes, what does it say ?
-Phil

I would
1 - format the SD card (or use another one)
2 - redownload the bin file from the official DJI website
3 - export it on your SD card
4 - try the process again.

Let me know, what you get.

Also, when you put the Sd card in your computer, do you get a txt file?
if yes, what does it say ?
-Phil

Too late now. It is at the repairer as I write. Txt file said upgrade was successful for the craft and all 4 batteries

Sorry to hear about that. Let us know if they find out what was wrong with it. It could be useful to know

Hi. It is recommended to do a compass, IMU and gimbal recalibration after FW update? Thanks!
Also, then it is unnecessary to extract the compressed bin file?

Yes, you need to extract the bin file, first, from the zipped folder.
Some people recently have said the calibrations aren't needed after a firmware update, but I still do mine.
I like to chill my drone outside in the evening, or even place it in the frost free fridge for 15-20mins, before I begin.
Have the RC and Go app ready on the IMU calibration page, so when you replace the warm flight battery in the drone, turn it on, and begin the IMU calibration immediately, followed by the Gimbal, and then I take the drone out of doors, for the compass calibration.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask... ;-)

RedHotPoker

Reactions: phantomi
Well, maybe I'm the only one, but I'm still afraid to fly on 1.9. I'm debating putting 1.8.80 back in it. What do you guys think? The only reason I hesitate to fly on 1.9 until we get more data is that on the two flights I made with it, I noticed that the ESC's behave differently. When I go full throttle up, the motors spin up to high speed as normal but within about a second, they cut back by (what sounds like) about 30% to 50%. Never noticed that on 1.8.80 so I'm afraid they did something not so great with the ESC's.

Mike

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart