Firmware Version 01.09.0060

Reaction score
Just noticed a new Firmware Version 01.09.0060 is posted on the DJI Site.
Any comments/problems with this yet?

From the Release Notes:
Overview:
  1. All-in-One firmware version updated to v1.9.60.

2. DJI GO app iOS version updated to v2.8.3.

3. DJI GO app Android version updated to v2.8.1.
What’s New:
  1. Updated the Flight Restriction Zone database.

2. Fixed the Intelligent Flight Battery to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments.
Notes:
 Users are advised to update all Intelligent Flight Batteries with this All-in-One firmware.

As usual, DJI doesn't say much about what's really in the FW update. I am hoping it contains all those promised fixes, but the update to flight restriction zone is troubling. Maybe someone from the DJI beta team can enlighten us?

You don't need to update firmware then? Can you just fly with current firmware?

I'm thinking that GEO may be coming out of beta and this is a part of the prep for public release of the full functionality. I read here and on one of the other forums that DJI had notified them recently via email that the release of GEO was imminent. This has not yet been confirmed as far as I know.

Last edited:
I'm thinking that GEO may be coming out of beta and this is a part of the prep for public release of the full functionality. I read here and on one of the other forums that DJI had notified them recently via email that the release of GEO was imminent. This has not yet been confirmed as far as I know.
Here's a confirmation from Tahoe Ed that is prep for GEO.

RC Groups - View Single Post - Official Phantom 3 Professional / Advanced ***Owner's Thread*** First post has FAQ

Last edited:
Reactions: JoBe and TnHwyman
Both my P3P and P3A went through the full upgrade procedure, with all the appropriate beeping, they both show success in their respective text files, but both still show 1.8.80+ in GO?

Reactions: JoBe
Both my P3P and P3A went through the full upgrade procedure, with all the appropriate beeping, they both show success in their respective text files, but both still show 1.8.80+ in GO?
Exit the Go app and re-enter and it should show the correct firmware.

Exit the Go app and re-enter and it should show the correct firmware.
I didn't have the app open during the upgrade. Rebooted now anyway, but still the same.

There is also some new cold weather battery firmware in this update, so be sure to do all your extra intelligent flight battery packs. ;-)
Updated everything early this morning, and planning to get some air time later on, today.

RedHotPoker

I also just did FW update and mine also says 1.8.80. Everything was a success when I checked on the SD card, did all batteries also. Don't know what's up with the FW number..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In the text file, Success and under About, My updated drone is showing the correct newest firmware version numbers.

RedHotPoker

In the text file, Success and under About, My updated drone is showing the correct newest firmware version numbers.

RedHotPoker
I just checked it again and the firmware update shows success v01.09.0060, but in the GOApp it shows v01.08.0080????

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

That seems odd. Are you done updating your batteries already?

RedHotPoker

Not sure why the Go app is hung up on the previous firmware version numbers. I don't know what to suggest. Beyond reinstalling the Go app, what else could you try? Hmmnn.

RedHotPoker

Tried to update my adv but gets so far through and I get a constant beep and a red light on the gimbal any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Jouster

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20