Firmware Version 01.09.0060

Well, maybe I'm the only one, but I'm still afraid to fly on 1.9. I'm debating putting 1.8.80 back in it. What do you guys think? The only reason I hesitate to fly on 1.9 until we get more data is that on the two flights I made with it, I noticed that the ESC's behave differently. When I go full throttle up, the motors spin up to high speed as normal but within about a second, they cut back by (what sounds like) about 30% to 50%. Never noticed that on 1.8.80 so I'm afraid they did something not so great with the ESC's.

Mike

I wish I had your choices lol. Unless it is abs necessary I wouldn't go near 1.9 (based on personal experience). BTW even the Inspires are having problems with their 1.9 FW and DJI has acknowledged it.

Well, maybe I'm the only one, but I'm still afraid to fly on 1.9. I'm debating putting 1.8.80 back in it. What do you guys think? The only reason I hesitate to fly on 1.9 until we get more data is that on the two flights I made with it, I noticed that the ESC's behave differently. When I go full throttle up, the motors spin up to high speed as normal but within about a second, they cut back by (what sounds like) about 30% to 50%. Never noticed that on 1.8.80 so I'm afraid they did something not so great with the ESC's.

Mike
Is it only the throttle that is misbehaving or the other axes as well? Maybe try a TX cal ?

Both my P3P and P3A went through the full upgrade procedure, with all the appropriate beeping, they both show success in their respective text files, but both still show 1.8.80+ in GO?
Hey Fantom flier mine was showing the old firmware followed by a plus symbol until I upgraded my other battery. Do you have 2 batteries if so are you using your second battery. Are you getting an upgrade battery message on dji goapp

Hey Fantom flier mine was showing the old firmware followed by a plus symbol until I upgraded my other battery. Do you have 2 batteries if so are you using your second battery. Are you getting an upgrade battery message on dji goapp
I had upgraded all my batteries when I posted that.

My app has since decided to show me the correct version without me doing anything specific, so all is well.

Good good. Now that you are flying on the version 1.1.9.60 do you notice any decreased stability when hovering ? I was flying last night and I notice when I'm in a hover , the drone has less stability then before it seems to float in small circles and move up and down ever so slightly. But definitely noticeable. Before the phantom would literally float without moving . Unless in a wind. Anyone notice decreased stability
I had upgraded all my batteries when I posted that.

My app has since decided to show me the correct version without me doing anything specific, so all is well.

Good good. Now that you are flying on the version 1.1.9.60 do you notice any decreased stability when hovering ? I was flying last night and I notice when I'm in a hover , the drone has less stability then before it seems to float in small circles and move up and down ever so slightly. But definitely noticeable. Before the phantom would literally float without moving . Unless in a wind. Anyone notice decreased stability
No, I haven't noticed such behaviour.
In my opinion it is often worthwhile to do an IMU calibration after an upgrade.

I thnk i was the first one to suffer ESC status error, without any crashing happening before.

I updated to 1.8, and the update failed. Then phantom was beeping like crazy everytime i turned it on.
After that i learned that i had to wait through it. after 15 minutes of shagging my ears, the beeping stopped, and updated the FW succesfully.
A week later, i got an ESC status error. Even though i have never crashed.

I sent it back to DJI. They replaced it. Sent me the new one. (I am out of states, so 60$ for sending it , and 80$ for receiving the new one, tax fee) - 140$

I installed 1.9 firmware. right away. after 2 days, i inserted a different sd card in there, which i forgot to check, had 1.8 on it. The drone started update(downgrade) and i turned it off in the middle. Turned it back on, that crazy beeping on my brand new drone had started.

Waited through, installed 1.9 agian. Flying since then without a problem. I hope no more ESC status error for me.

So i don't think this is connected to 1.9 firmware - cuz my ESC started with me updating to 1.8.
Its something else.

Glad you posted that. I think at this point, there's still not enough data available. I still have to question why we saw a few reports of the ESC error within a few flights of updating to 1.9. Your case could have been an outlier and 1.9 could either be more sensitive to the error (which maybe can't be reset until a servicing) or 1.9 could be doing something not-so-nice to the ESC's and burning them out. Out of an abundance of caution (or even call it superstition), I'm sticking to the downgraded 1.8.80 until more time goes by.

Mike

That's not something I worry about, the couple of times that updates happened during the warmer months. I live in a relatively dry climate location anyway. Even now in summer, unless it rains, still isn't an issue I would consider a progressive problem.
When I remove it from the frost free fridge with the battery out, a room temperature flight battery is inserted and I place them on the floor, the coolest part of the room.
The nearest salt water to my drone kit are my crying tears, if it ever flies away on me... Haha
Some guys cry the blues, over a long initial IMU warmup. ;-)

RedHotPoker

I actually did... I did the update, then flew it last week on a semi-windy day, and it seemed to be harder to control when hovering, and it was moving around more than I thought it should. I took it up quick on the 3rd to shoot some distant fireworks, and it acted the same, except there wasn't much wind at all. Made me think that my P2 was more stable than this, but then thought it was just me... now I'm not so sure if it's me. I'll try to take it out again a bunch this week to test...

I actually did... I did the update, then flew it last week on a semi-windy day, and it seemed to be harder to control when hovering, and it was moving around more than I thought it should. I took it up quick on the 3rd to shoot some distant fireworks, and it acted the same, except there wasn't much wind at all. Made me think that my P2 was more stable than this, but then thought it was just me... now I'm not so sure if it's me. I'll try to take it out again a bunch this week to test...
Ya , at first I thought maybe it was just me as well but but then really kept my eye on it well in a hover. I'm convinced that it has become less stable . Don't know if I should wait for the next update and just live with it or possibly downgrade to 1.8 . I thought increased stability was one of the improvements for 1.9 . When I was on 1.3.20 is when it flew the best. Rock solid hover. But no multiple flight modes like POINT OF INTEREST or FOLLOW ME. oh well I guess I will see what dji has in store for us in the future.

Staying on 1.8.80 and 2.8.1 (for IOS) for now.. Too many variable between the two newer versions of both the FW (which includes battery it appears) and app.. :-(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.