Firmware update 3/26/14

havasuphoto said:
arun21 said:
When I upgraded my P2, it did completed it just fine. However, when I plug it in again, it keeps telling me there's new software available to upgrade, which is just the 2.0 again... Not sure why it won't just tell me "no updates" after I already have the 2.0 on my P2.
This is the normal "nag" message that appears on all Naza versions. You just have to skip it each time you open it up.

In regards to tipping doing the CSC-never once had that happen. But, I've been doing it since I got the aircraft, and I know what I'm doing....your mileage may vary. There are times on landing, where the aircraft is about to tip over-and each time, I've gotten the engines completely stopped, just before the tip-saving the blades.
Do what you are comfortable with.

A more simple way is to grab it from the leg during the landing . I hover it at shoulder height , hold it from one of the legs , then shut down the motors.
I am doing this from day one, so no tip overs for me :)

Upgraded software to Phantom 2 Assistant v2.0. Hooked up my phantom vision and updated the firmware. At the end of that process I received a Configuration Error which told me I needed to recalibrate my transmitter and then power cycle. Did that and the cfg error went away.

I think all that's fine but I noticed that the button at the top of the Assistant software used to switch between Vision mode and Naza just says Phantom. I could have sworn it used to say Phantom 2 Vision. Does that sound right?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AresSK said:
Upgraded software to Phantom 2 Assistant v2.0. Hooked up my phantom vision and updated the firmware. At the end of that process I received a Configuration Error which told me I needed to recalibrate my transmitter and then power cycle. Did that and the cfg error went away.

I think all that's fine but I noticed that the button at the top of the Assistant software used to switch between Vision mode and Naza just says Phantom. I could have sworn it used to say Phantom 2 Vision. Does that sound right?

Thanks.

Apologies - just realized this was the non-vision forum. Disregard. Thanks.

havasuphoto said:
OR, did you release the throttle after it had idled down-but while the motors will still running, and it took off on it's ow
n??
I always use the CSC procedure. I land, hold throttle closed, when the engines are at idle, I then move the throttle stick over to the bottom right(while holding it down), and move the left stick to the bottom left-both sticks down and towards each other.
This way-the engines stop immediately. It prevents a gust of wind, or even gravity, from tipping your aircraft over and damaging props. I learned this the hard way. Sometimes-waiting that 3+ seconds, with just the throttle closed, isn't quick enough.
Learn, and practice using the CSC(cross stick control)-before you take-off. Get used to how it works.....this will prevent a lot of problems.
Everyone has bad landings from time to time. But, even if the aircraft starts to tip over-if you do the CSC quick enough, the props will stop, and won't be damaged.

I always shut it off like you described you do as the very first time i used it it took off after landing it (WHICH ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO) After you land and the motors have slowed down its supposed to just stay there but it does not it takes of and bounces that is why they released this update with number 7) on the release notes its supposed to fix the bouncing effect after landing which it has not i was testing to see if it has which it clearly has not

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I always shut it off like you described you do as the very first time i used it it took off after landing it (WHICH ITS NOT SUPPOSED TO DO) After you land and the motors have slowed down its supposed to just stay there but it does not it takes of and bounces that is why they released this update with number 7) on the release notes its supposed to fix the bouncing effect after landing which it has not i was testing to see if it has which it clearly has not
If you don't shut the motors off after landing and let the throttle centre the motors will go to hover speed again. It doesn't "know" it's on the ground.

Upgraded this morning and just been out for a test fly - all seems good.
Obviously did not measure the geofence but set it at 100m / 100m and seems to stop you going further out or up as you would expect

Finally got to go for a test flight after the weekend was raining the entire time. Everything went well, despite it being very windy last night in Brooklyn.

I did notice the home lock wasn't quite working properly. This is the first time I've tried it after switching it to Naza mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It was at least 100m away from me and then I switched home lock on, tried bringing pulling it back to me, but it went in the wrong direction. I put it back in GPS mode and then turned failsafe on and it landed just fine from where I took off from. So, I'm a bit confused.

Got the update installed and just a little frustrated because I finally got it to have a good hover and now EVERYTHING is out. Try to let it hover and it wants to drift left and backwards. Yes I calibrated sticks and compass. I shouldn't have to give constant stick input to keep control of craft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

extrememc said:
Got the update installed and just a little frustrated because I finally got it to have a good hover and now EVERYTHING is out. Try to let it hover and it wants to drift left and backwards. Yes I calibrated sticks and compass. I shouldn't have to give constant stick input to keep control of craft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

This is the dilemma I had. In 1.8 it flies absolutely beautifully and (dare I say it) I trust it. In 2.0 it flew like a pig.

I'm back on 1.8 now but would like the reassurance of the geo-fence....

UKKey said:
extrememc said:

This is the dilemma I had. In 1.8 it flies absolutely beautifully and (dare I say it) I trust it. In 2.0 it flew like a pig.

How did you revert back? Will likely do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

extrememc said:
UKKey said:
extrememc said:

How did you revert back? Will likely do the same.

You need the 1.8 assistant software package (if you still have it) and just "update" all the mismatches.

[/quote]

You need the 1.8 assistant software package (if you still have it) and just "update" all the mismatches.[/quote]

That's what I figured. Thanks

MStacey said:
Upgraded this morning and just been out for a test fly - all seems good.
Obviously did not measure the geofence but set it at 100m / 100m and seems to stop you going further out or up as you would expect

Where is the geofence feature located in software?

UKKey said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
please let me know how it goes.

You Sir are a legend!

This has all but cured the drift. I have altered my other gains for smoother flight control from stick (Attitude) and quicker GPS control (Basic) but I kept the roll at 10% below the other figures and it has worked a treat.

The drift angle is very very small now and not noticeable. This will make an incredible difference to my videos where I was having to compensate with the controller in flight and then smooth edit out the drift/compensation in Final Cut Pro.

Thank you again!

Were in the software did you adjust gain. I really want to use FW 2.0 but I got the same drift problem. Urgh!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UKKey said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
please let me know how it goes.

You Sir are a legend!

This has all but cured the drift. I have altered my other gains for smoother flight control from stick (Attitude) and quicker GPS control (Basic) but I kept the roll at 10% below the other figures and it has worked a treat.

The drift angle is very very small now and not noticeable. This will make an incredible difference to my videos where I was having to compensate with the controller in flight and then smooth edit out the drift/compensation in Final Cut Pro.

Thank you again!

Were in the software did you adjust gain. I really want to use FW 2.0 but I got the same drift problem. Urgh!!!!

Geofence is here:

Assistant Software > Advanced > Limits

If FW 1.8 was a good working version for some. Would keeping it around be like setting a restore point on your PC? I thinking that if something goes wrong you could restore to this FW. I ask cause I have yet found a way to factory restore a P2,

extrememc said:
If FW 1.8 was a good working version for some. Would keeping it around be like setting a restore point on your PC? I thinking that if something goes wrong you could restore to this FW. I ask cause I have yet found a way to factory restore a P2,

That's my plan. I have 2 P2's and upgraded one and will be reverting back to 1.8 on it soon.

I've had no issues at all now with my P2 2.0 upgrade.
Will try to post a video later of the super bright flashlight I strapped on to it flying around at night.

I have a real bad drift with mine. Here are my compass readings after re cal.

download/file.php?id=4013

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka