Firmware update 3/26/14

iResq said:
I disagree. I think there is greater risk of tip over with CSC, based on my personal experience.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I disagree with your disagreement. LOL If you arent doing CSC exactly simultaneously, it will send a a burst of whichever direction you sent it...for example, if your CSC technique has one stick reaching its position before the other one meets for shutdown procedure it will send that signal through thr props. ( i.e. burst of yaw )

extrememc said:
Got the update installed and just a little frustrated because I finally got it to have a good hover and now EVERYTHING is out. Try to let it hover and it wants to drift left and backwards. Yes I calibrated sticks and compass. I shouldn't have to give constant stick input to keep control of craft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

reset you gains to what they were out of the box it seems as it resets everything this happened to me if you notice its all gone the other way reseet everything and go form there . I have not tried mine out yet as waiting for dji to replace my propellers as they said they had fixed the bouncing effect after landing but have not and it caused my dji to crash

Thanks Rush for the advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arun21 said:
Finally got to go for a test flight after the weekend was raining the entire time. Everything went well, despite it being very windy last night in Brooklyn.

I did notice the home lock wasn't quite working properly. This is the first time I've tried it after switching it to Naza mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It was at least 100m away from me and then I switched home lock on, tried bringing pulling it back to me, but it went in the wrong direction. I put it back in GPS mode and then turned failsafe on and it landed just fine from where I took off from. So, I'm a bit confused.
did you start with home lock on ? as it has to set the home lock so next time put you phantom down turn hom lock on on your rc in gps mode turn on the phantom wait for it to get home lock and gps then fly this will work you then can turn it off an on from now on but every time you fly you have to let it lock the home position hope this helps

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
arun21 said:
Finally got to go for a test flight after the weekend was raining the entire time. Everything went well, despite it being very windy last night in Brooklyn.

I did notice the home lock wasn't quite working properly. This is the first time I've tried it after switching it to Naza mode. Is there something I'm doing wrong? It was at least 100m away from me and then I switched home lock on, tried bringing pulling it back to me, but it went in the wrong direction. I put it back in GPS mode and then turned failsafe on and it landed just fine from where I took off from. So, I'm a bit confused.
did you start with home lock on ? as it has to set the home lock so next time put you phantom down turn hom lock on on your rc in gps mode turn on the phantom wait for it to get home lock and gps then fly this will work you then can turn it off an on from now on but every time you fly you have to let it lock the home position hope this helps

Nope, maybe that was the problem. I started with regular GPS mode and then while flying turned it on to home lock, thinking that mode would kick in. I'll try turning home lock on from the start before i take off.

So in order to get a home lock you have to have it on with GPS so that it locks position? I thought when your in the air it will lock that position you are hovering at. Explain please.

UKKey said:
extrememc said:
Got the update installed and just a little frustrated because I finally got it to have a good hover and now EVERYTHING is out. Try to let it hover and it wants to drift left and backwards. Yes I calibrated sticks and compass. I shouldn't have to give constant stick input to keep control of craft. :oops: :oops: :oops:

This is the dilemma I had. In 1.8 it flies absolutely beautifully and (dare I say it) I trust it. In 2.0 it flew like a pig.

I'm back on 1.8 now but would like the reassurance of the geo-fence....
if you have altered you gains in 1.8 it gets rest set in 2.0 so you have to reset the gains and start again

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
arun21 said:

You don't have to startup with the switch in the HomeLock position.

I start every time with both S1 and S2 in the fully up position ( I use Naza Mode) turn on the Phantom and WAIT for it to complete its acquisition of satellites and for it to set its home position. Once I have seen both lots of rapid green flashes and am at a slow green flashes I lift off and away you go. Fly out and up away from you then you can select home lock and pull back on the right stick and it flys straight back to me.

extrememc said:
So in order to get a home lock you have to have it on with GPS so that it locks position? I thought when your in the air it will lock that position you are hovering at. Explain please.

No home lock has to be enabled before flight take of and with it on on you rc, with gps on too. this needs to lock on before take of and start up. then it locks your home position. then when you take of it will be enabled then you can switch it of and fly standard and then switch it on to fly with home lock but you need to lock it in before take off , has this helped ?

MStacey said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
arun21 said:

You don't have to startup with the switch in the HomeLock position.

I start every time with both S1 and S2 in the fully up position ( I use Naza Mode) turn on the Phantom and WAIT for it to complete its acquisition of satellites and for it to set its home position. Once I have seen both lots of rapid green flashes and am at a slow green flashes I lift off and away you go. Fly out and up away from you then you can select home lock and pull back on the right stick and it flys straight back to me.

i just looked it up your right my bad think you might not be waiting for gps as it needs this also have you switched to naza and enabled it in the software ?

Sounds curious. If it returned "home properly on fail safe then home was set proplerly. If you put it into home lock mode.... It should go forward and back in radius arms with home as center point and left and right in relation to a circumference around the home point.

Maybe you were in course lock and locked in a different forward course ?

I'm getting the distinct impression there's some confusion due to improper use of terminology going on here. Specifically "Home Point" and "Home Lock". The first one refers to the geographical Latitude and Longitude coordinates of the take-off location as set by the GPS receiver in the Phantom. The second refers to a flight mode in which that location is used to determine the direction of flight resulting from stick movements relative to that location which can only work if and after Home Pont has been set and stored by the NAZA flight controller. In NAZA mode indicated by the second set of rapid green flashes.

I know this is not about the original question but I strongly suggest everyone download and read the manuals to understand how these things work... And using the correct nomenclature is important too :D

bernardb said:
I know this is not about the original question but I strongly suggest everyone download and read the manuals to understand how these things work... And using the correct nomenclature is important too :D

I used to say that all the time... people hated me... glad someone else posted it this time... :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Hi Guys,

I updated the firmware but no luck. The p2 started acting weird. There are sudden (and quite bad) YAW movements which ruins my shots. There was no problem before.
Here is the issue: (and I did not use any of the yaw directions)

http://youtu.be/mr0N2TZOZDo

And on the top of this case, the throttle sometimes doesn't reacts immediately, few ms delays.
Any ideas Guys how to solve this problem?

What are your gains set to?. Did they reset to default?

questions

does ground station work independently from the stock radio and does the radio need to even be on?
Also, I have the older 2 axis Zenmuse on the P2, my shell doesn't have a hole for the new 3 axis zen, how does one
use the new gimbal, cut a hole or maybe buy the lower new shell?

Lastly, my last P2 tipped over on take off in gps mode, flipped right over and I had a perfect sat lock all gree.....I read where one should take off in Atti mode to avoid these tip overs....does that sound right??

Thanks Guys!!

-Dave

richienotyetrich said:
Hi Guys,

I updated the firmware but no luck. The p2 started acting weird. There are sudden (and quite bad) YAW movements which ruins my shots. There was no problem before.
Here is the issue: (and I did not use any of the yaw directions)

And on the top of this case, the throttle sometimes doesn't reacts immediately, few ms delays.
Any ideas Guys how to solve this problem?

I have had some issue after up date from yaw and drift as well. As of yesterday's flight I think my problem has cleared you. Here's what I done. I advanced calibrated the IMU which control flight orientation. I done this on the floor of my garage and done it more than once. I noted the value to see if there was a change. It was small but I believe enough to help. I also calibrated my sticks. What I find is after initial left off (GPS mode) if you let the craft hover and lock in to the GPS column it will stabilize. I notice that in GPS mode it tend to drift I assume to find the gps point. I think this can be the characteristic of the craft at times. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any one who has made gain adjustments in 1.8 to get it to fly perfect like i did then when you update to 2.0 it resets all what you adjusted meaning if you compensated for something by changing the gain it no has made it go the other way ie you will have to go back to original gain settings and start again ie if you put your roll up 105 to level it out it will now be 10% the other way that what happened to mine and every one else's who has adjusted their gains...... I have lost all hope in dji to be honest definitely gutted i have invested money in them all i got back from them after i have complained about this update and it wrecking my phantoms last set of blades is they going to forward my query to china this was after they saying they did not understand what i was saying so i literally had to spell it out for them and this was a week ago, really poor service. Suppose its china for you though should not expect any thing else

hmmm.. I just updated to 2.0 as well and had it set to gps mode, it found all satellites and set the home position.. but when i lifted off and let it try to just sit idle it started to fly backwards (towards me) and had a mind of its own :/

anyone else seeing this?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT