Firmware Update 01.05.0300

Is it finally worth installing it v1.5.0300? Is it a stable version or a problem?

I am very happy with the new firmware compared to the one in June.

I am very happy with the new firmware compared to the one in June.
My friend what version? IOS or Android? You have P4P? dji go 4 you have 4.1.22 ? I'm afraid to do it because I've read about the camera gimbal and two cases that suddenly broke down and a problem in RTH. Did the upgraded issues fix?

Last edited:
My friend what version? IOS or Android? You have P4P? dji go 4 you have 4.1.22 ? I'm afraid to do it because I've read about the camera gimbal and two cases that suddenly broke down and a problem in RTH

P4P with iPad mini 2 with iOS 10.03 still.

I would have thought DJI have fixed the gimbal issue with the latest firmware. i have no gimbal issue since the firmware update.

Reactions: giorgos1966
My test... sorry file too large to send here. It is just a video capture of my screen. Anyway I tested it left and right yaw, left and right roll, left yaw plus left roll, right yaw plus right roll, forward pitch plus left yaw, and forward pitch plus right yaw. My display was not inverted. The camera wasnt running though and I was only 9 meters high if that makes any difference.
You must be lucky. A friend of mine with a Phantom 4 Pro+ was who told me about it. I went out and tried it, was easy to replicate. So, I started searching the forums and found dozens of folks with the problem. On the official DJI form where all of the admins are DJI folks, they acknowledged the issue and said they were working on it.

You must be lucky. A friend of mine with a Phantom 4 Pro+ was who told me about it. I went out and tried it, was easy to replicate. So, I started searching the forums and found dozens of folks with the problem. On the official DJI form where all of the admins are DJI folks, they acknowledged the issue and said they were working on it.

The June firmware release was a nightmare for me. I couldn't fly my P4P for nearly 5 weeks. =(

From the Australian side, P4P+ and the iOS 11 on their devices had some issues since the update. it seems that remove the app and reinstall it seems with fixed the problem.

Not happy with this firmware due to missing and/or corrupted images as well as the gimbal behavior/camera orientation switch when pointing straight down.

Is it possible to roll back the firmware on the P4P and the controller?

If not, has anyone tried resetting all settings and a 'clean install' to help? If so, how do you do the latter?

I was previously on:
App 4.1.20
Aircraft 01.03.0509
Remote Controller 01.04.00.00

Thanks

E

Not happy with this firmware due to missing and/or corrupted images as well as the gimbal behavior/camera orientation switch when pointing straight down.

If not, has anyone tried resetting all settings and a 'clean install' to help? If so, how do you do the latter?

I was previously on:
App 4.1.20
Aircraft 01.03.0509

Thanks

E
I used assisstant 2 to upgrade to 1.5.03 from 1.4.07. It showed me I can downgrade to 1.4.06 only and not to my original pre upgrade version.

I was previously on:
App 4.1.20
Aircraft 01.03.0509

Thanks

E
I was able to downgrade the AC. When I connect the RC, it says unknown device. Everything works and all the issues I had with the new version were gone, so I reckon it's OK.

Fayerweather Island Light 01B.jpg

1. Flew on Sunday after updating firmware (STUPID!!!) and had the gimbal flip happen to me. Flew out to a lighthouse to see the frozen water around it and panned dow as I approached, stopped over it with camera directly down and stopped recording. Began recording again and pulled back same direction I flew in and panned the camera up, except it wasn't panning up, well it was just inverted. Flew back to the parking lot and when I took a photo it flipped the camera back to normal. Flew a while longer with no issues but never tried to replicate it. Started on the ground where the app showed upside down to begin with, quit the app and restarted, after third time it connected and was normal. Temps were cold, a balmy 18˚, but used handwarmers to try and keep things up to a respectable temp to fly. Very bizarre and frustrating. Was using an iPad mini2 and iPad Air, both of which tell me the CPU is overloaded...so I purchased a new iPad Pro 10.5 today, thought that would help but had trouble logging in to my account at first, couldn't control the camera settings, showed 0 for RTH height, normally 50 m. Shot in d-log but not happy with my corrections. Raws files look ok...Not a happy camper. Anyone consider that the gimbal issue began after the latest update because of the pano feature added? Makes sense to me...

View attachment 93201
  1. Flew on Sunday after updating firmware (STUPID!!!) and had the gimbal flip happen to me. Flew out to a lighthouse to see the frozen water around it and panned dow as I approached, stopped over it with camera directly down and stopped recording. Began recording again and pulled back same direction I flew in and panned the camera up, except it wasn't panning up, well it was just inverted. Flew back to the parking lot and when I took a photo it flipped the camera back to normal. Flew a while longer with no issues but never tried to replicate it. Started on the ground where the app showed upside down to begin with, quit the app and restarted, after third time it connected and was normal. Temps were cold, a balmy 18˚, but used handwarmers to try and keep things up to a respectable temp to fly. Very bizarre and frustrating. Was using an iPad mini2 and iPad Air, both of which tell me the CPU is overloaded...so I purchased a new iPad Pro 10.5 today, thought that would help but had trouble logging in to my account at first, couldn't control the camera settings, showed 0 for RTH height, normally 50 m. Shot in d-log but not happy with my corrections. Raws files look ok...Not a happy camper. Anyone consider that the gimbal issue began after the latest update because of the pano feature added? Makes sense to me...

Yes, the camera issues were caused by the update. I didn't have them before and after I rolled back to the previous one, didn't have them again. DJI has acknowledged the issue and says they're working on it.

Yes, the camera issues were caused by the update. I didn't have them before and after I rolled back to the previous one, didn't have them again. DJI has acknowledged the issue and says they're working on it.
I went out and flew again yesterday with no issues. Tried to recreate the problem for 15 minutes of steady gimbal movement and drone maneuvers with no flips...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart