Firmware Update 01.05.0300

In the P4P manual a RTH , whether it be failsafe , smart or low battery mode, if triggered within 20m of the homepoint will result in the AC landing.

If the RTH is triggered while more than 20m away from the home point it will ascend to the RTH height set and then come all the way back to the home point
Yup, found this out in my front yard. I was able to slow down descent and guide the bird to the landing pad. Now I know not to RTH when near water and less than 20 meters from home point

The update on P4Adv results in only displaying single shot mode. This kind of crap shouldn't happen.

The update on P4Adv results in only displaying single shot mode. This kind of crap shouldn't happen.

OK, removed the sd card and turned everything off then turned everything back on. No pano mode, but everything else returned to normal. But...I'm a working pro for 25 years, adding this to my offering. Had this taken place during a shoot, I would be major-league pissed.

DJI should take a page out of the Japanese camera-maker's playbook. I'd never be afraid to take a Nikon or Canon product out of the box and shoot with it. Thinking back, I'd say the same for German and Swiss companies I have purchased from. But I will always ignore your update warning within a week or so of a scheduled assignment.

Anyone tried the new update ? Problems, good to go ? V-01.05.0300
I love the pano--especially the sphere. I did have a gimbal overload warning right after taking one, but I landed, restarted, and all was well. I'm gonna recalibrate gimbal tomorrow. No other problems with new firmware.

Do I need to update the P4P firmware to get the Pano options or just the app?

I'm on:
App 4.1.20
Aircraft 01.03.0509
Remote Controller 01.04.00.00

Held off updating with all the issues for no fly zones

I have been fooling with the pano mode. I have made some progress. The wide angle and portrait modes are good. I think with time I can get some great pix. I am having trouble with the circular mode. The drone will take a 360 pix, and when viewed in DJI go 4 from the drone, it is a cool globe. However when I copy that pix and try to look at it on my pc, it looks like the attached photo. I guess I need to find some software that will display the pix as a globe. It is probably obvious that I am not using the correct vocabulary for this issue. I have a learning curve to work through.

That’s correct.
The image is equirectangular. This is how it’s mean to look. It’s how most 369 shots are made just after stitching.

There is a GoPro 360 viewer which will allow you to view the image properly. It’s free and you can take screen shots and play with the image etc.

That’s correct.
The image is equirectangular. This is how it’s mean to look. It’s how most 369 shots are made just after stitching.

There is a GoPro 360 viewer which will allow you to view the image properly. It’s free and you can take screen shots and play with the image etc.

That is very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

That is very cool. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem

Also remember if you edit the image avoid changing the dimensions or getting too near the edges or it won’t wrap properly.

Try uploading the drone file to Facebook and seeing if it recognises it as a 360. If not you may have to ‘inject’ metadata to tell it to show the image correctly.

Photoshop CC has now the ability to edit 360 images so you can go and clone and latch etc in 3D space and save the image back to the rectangular form with all the adjustments done.

New Firmware SUCKS!

I've had to do IMU Calibrations with each flight over the past 2 days.

Getting the 180 degree flip when pointing gimbal straight down.

Have had lots of corrupt images.

Took off this morning and shot 3 frames and then hit Play only to find there were no images recorded. Had to restart the drone to get images to start.

Reactions: Stoney
New Firmware SUCKS!

I've had to do IMU Calibrations with each flight over the past 2 days.

Getting the 180 degree flip when pointing gimbal straight down.

Have had lots of corrupt images.

Took off this morning and shot 3 frames and then hit Play only to find there were no images recorded. Had to restart the drone to get images to start.
I tried recreating the problem of 180 flip and could not do it. I was flying with camera down. Where do you see the flip? Is it from the video taken or the display screen?

Oh and Lightroom couldn't stitch my first pano...

It won’t.
Use a third party software to stitch. If you do use LR and stitch it will nor Keep the relevant metadata in the image and sites like fb need the correct metadata to display as a 360/pano.

Best is to let the dji software stitch and keep the originals when you have time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT