Firmware Update 01.05.0300

I have gimbal twitch and "gimbal overload" warning/error.

Also, how long should it take to complete a Gimbal Auto Calibration? It took almost 30 minutes.

My gimbal calibration takes a 2-3 minutes, have you tried doing the calibration with the AC positioned like this.
This was recommended by DJI support

233525eaejcqis8xnka44z (1).png

Well, I took out drone SCD card, reinserted and rebooted. My camera modes were there. Still, none of the new update panaramas.
Did not work for me either, was in their chat room for 6 hours.
Two of the three technicians said there was only panorama modes on spark and mavic.c I called for support and they were clueless.

Any problems with RTH? Too lazy to get out in a wide open area to test. Dont want to test this in my neighborhood in case there are problems. Does the smart return home works even if you are only 3 meters away from home point? Thanks in advance.
Went out today for only 5 minutes and tested everything. To Cold to be out much longer lol. Anyway, Everything seemed to work just fine including RTH. I haven't heard of anything from anyone. If you do, let me know. Happy Flying!

I am Android with the 4p4+ controller. That explains it. Thanks!

Nothing going to happen pano wise until DJI update the P4Plus firmware, those of us with the Crystalsky are in the same boat, it could take them months.

I've gone back to using the ipads

Reactions: capteman33
Nothing going to happen pano wise until DJI update the P4Plus firmware, those of us with the Crystalsky are in the same boat, it could take them months.

I've gone back to using the ipads
That's not a good move on DJI's part making everyone else wait. Maybe Android will update the DJI go 4 app soon.

I got the new firmware but now all my settings are changed. Like it still stuck on maximum distance and moving ever so slow. I checked and beginner mode is off but no matter what change it reverts back to previous settings. What should I do? I got 103 flights and really don’t want to lose any of the info. But I have to reinstall the dji go app they should come back right ? This is first time I ever any issue in 9 months with anything other than one bad battery

That's not a good move on DJI's part making everyone else wait. Maybe Android will update the DJI go 4 app soon.

Android is available now on the google play store , it's the 4.1.22 version

It took DJI 6 months to update to the firmware to V 01.05.0300 which added DJI Go4 4.1.8 to the P4P+ and this only happened 4 days ago.

Somehow I don't think there are going to do another firmware update, any time soon, so P4P+ user and Crystalsky owners are officially out of luck. However on the CS you can sideload it

The lack of firmware development in the P4 suggests there is a newer and more expensive P5 coming out soon

I've gone back the otherway and got a MPP, the P4P despite the great camera is just too cumbersome to take anywhere

Last edited:
Reactions: rlphoto69
I got the new firmware but now all my settings are changed. Like it still stuck on maximum distance and moving ever so slow. I checked and beginner mode is off but no matter what change it reverts back to previous settings. What should I do? I got 103 flights and really don’t want to lose any of the info. But I have to reinstall the dji go app they should come back right ? This is first time I ever any issue in 9 months with anything other than one bad battery
If you just update the app it should be fine. But I'm not a 100% certain. On my iPad it did it automatically and all my settings seem to be fine

Reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app wipes the data from the app, you should upload it to your DJI account via syncing in the flight records page of DJI Go 4

Reactions: AndrewCCM
Over on the DJI board there are reports that the new firmware starts RTH and no longer lets you cancel, forces you back??? Can anyone comment on this?

That is false. I was trying out the new pano feature, took it to the RTH stage and was able to cancel it, being that I was directly overhead.

JMHO, I'm new here and become confused by some of the comments, because people have different aircraft.
I noticed members are speaking like other people know what aircraft you have , remote , and operating system you have.
I think it would be a great idea if everybody went into their signature in their account and put in what aircraft , remote and viewing screen they're using, ie Android, iOS, iPad, Galaxy, p2,p3 ,p4 ,+ , standard, pro, Etc.
I believe this would help others understand what you have and what you're dealing with and whether it pertains to their aircraft or flying system. And if they can be of assistance because of experience with what you're dealing with.
Just thought this would be a great idea and thought I'd pass it along. Happy New Year !!!

Hello guys this firmware update is only for P4P or it applys to all P4’. I have a P4 thanks.

Over on the DJI board there are reports that the new firmware starts RTH and no longer lets you cancel, forces you back??? Can anyone comment on this?

I tried it today and return to home cancel works just fine.

Don’t reinstall the app, just power cycle and reboot several times and all will come back, then check and adjust each setting! ALL SETTINGS MUST BE CHECKED! Do another power cycle and check that they stayed as set!

Any problems with RTH? Too lazy to get out in a wide open area to test. Dont want to test this in my neighborhood in case there are problems. Does the smart return home works even if you are only 3 meters away from home point? Thanks in advance.
I had zero problem.
I borrowed a friends parabolic do-hickey to see if it works (it did! xtra 500 ft)
So I ran it out until video disappeared then hit RTH. When it reconnected I hit cancel and it worked as expected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl