Finally mounted a iPad Pro to my P4

I have both.. The full bracket that broke in the hot car, and the one that is shown here sliding over the top of the device holder. The one that slides over the device holder top, worked good, but not as good as the full bracket.

I am personally ready to put all this mounting BS behind me with the master sunshade, iPad Pro mount I ordered yesterday for $180. There is a sunshade issue with the iPad Pro, and the device mount I bought takes care of both.

Also all the plastic mounts posted here so far are 3D printed.

This is the one I bought. $10 cheaper and free 2 day shipping with Prime. Fits snug. I really like it.
gouduoduo2018 Ipad Pro Tablet Monitor Holder Extension Panel for DJI Phantom 4 3 Inspire 1 Romote Control Amazon.com: gouduoduo2018 Ipad Pro Tablet Monitor Holder Extension Panel for DJI Phantom 4 3 Inspire 1 Romote Control: Toys & Games

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have both.. The full bracket that broke in the hot car, and the one that is shown here sliding over the top of the device holder. The one that slides over the device holder top, worked good, but not as good as the full bracket.

I am personally ready to put all this mounting BS behind me with the master sunshade, iPad Pro mount I ordered yesterday for $180. There is a sunshade issue with the iPad Pro, and the device mount I bought takes care of both.

Also all the plastic mounts posted here so far are 3D printed.

Your probably right about the weight, my iPad 3 feels like a brick now when I pick it up compared to my Asus ZenPad, and knowing apple, it's probably lighter then it looks.
$180 for a shade!!! Holy crap, ****, I need a few things, a decent shade is one, but I'm either too cheap, or not wealthy enough for either the nice pro pad or $180 sun shade.....
Sucks being on a fixed income....

b533229780278cd4c91a5a83ff2a4ada.jpg
be73d5f955ea2e53ccc670c4f2d81a8a.jpg

That's huge...and I thought my Air2 was big.....

Hey at my age the bigger the screen the better, makes hazards like power lines, etc. more visible.

Hey at my age the bigger the screen the better, makes hazards like power lines, etc. more visible.

That's what I'm thinking. I had a very close call, almost hitting a thin wire that I didn't even see until I watched the video back on a big screen. I never could have seen it on my iPhone, which is what I have been using so far. I plan to get a new iPad Pro, I'm just torn between the 12.9" or the 9.7" ... I'm leaning toward the larger one just because I plan to use it as a drawing tablet as well and I think I'd prefer the larger canvas. Plus watching videos and reviewing photography will be nicer with the larger screen. Not worried about weight, as using a lanyard/harness would mitigate that...

Is there a laptop bracket extension? ;-)
Hahaha, for those who don't like to leave home without it. Haha

RedHotPoker

I haven't had he need to use the harness yet but I have one. It's not too heavy really

OK:) I will take your advice and just ordered one a few minutes
ago. Now I need to remember to keep it out the "heat"

I am using my iPad Pro 9.7 with back cover and it is great. So I will see how my 12.9 Pro works for me.

Again, thanks for link and heads up about the heat factors for the adapter,

Sent from my iMac using PhantomPilots mobile app

That's what I'm thinking. I had a very close call, almost hitting a thin wire that I didn't even see until I watched the video back on a big screen. I never could have seen it on my iPhone, which is what I have been using so far. I plan to get a new iPad Pro, I'm just torn between the 12.9" or the 9.7" ... I'm leaning toward the larger one just because I plan to use it as a drawing tablet as well and I think I'd prefer the larger canvas. Plus watching videos and reviewing photography will be nicer with the larger screen. Not worried about weight, as using a lanyard/harness would mitigate that...

I love the iPad Pro 12"! I wish they had the smaller version, but I've become so used to the large iPad for everything I do!

I mean I use it for work email, order entry etc. movies and traveling, this forum, eBay, etc... I thought about getting a regular iPad just for my phantom or even a Mini iPad.... But I just can't bring myself to drop all that money again. Finding a solid good mount has been a journey but I believe the one I got from Aerial (Stacy) will check all my boxes. Solid mount, not relying on the weakest point, the point where the controller mount attaches to the plastic stock clamp deal! The one I'm getting eliminated that joint, and getting a sunscreen it amazing!

I'm just hoping it will slide in and out of the shade easily enough that j can continue to use for everything else I do!

I love the iPad Pro 12"! I wish they had the smaller version, but I've become so used to the large iPad for everything I do!

I mean I use it for work email, order entry etc. movies and traveling, this forum, eBay, etc... I thought about getting a regular iPad just for my phantom or even a Mini iPad.... But I just can't bring myself to drop all that money again. Finding a solid good mount has been a journey but I believe the one I got from Aerial (Stacy) will check all my boxes. Solid mount, not relying on the weakest point, the point where the controller mount attaches to the plastic stock clamp deal! The one I'm getting eliminated that joint, and getting a sunscreen it amazing!

I'm just hoping it will slide in and out of the shade easily enough that j can continue to use for everything else I do!

I just picked up my new iPad Pro 12.9" last night, along with the Apple Pencil and a Zagg Slim Book keyboard case. Loving it so far... Haven't had a chance to use it with the Phantom yet, but will be doing a lot of filming this weekend.

I just picked up my new iPad Pro 12.9" last night, along with the Apple Pencil and a Zagg Slim Book keyboard case. Loving it so far... Haven't had a chance to use it with the Phantom yet, but will be doing a lot of filming this weekend.

I got a replacement iPad adapter new in box that works real nice.... But then I ordered the aerial sunshade deal.

If you're interested I'll ship it to you.

I have the Ipad Pro 9.7 Cellular/WiFi on mine and really like it. It is very easy to see, no issues pairing with anything and fits perfect in the DJI holder. The I pad pro 9.7 works great with the P4.

Reactions: Matt122;
I have the Ipad Pro 9.7 Cellular/WiFi on mine and really like it. It is very easy to see, no issues pairing with anything and fits perfect in the DJI holder. The I pad pro 9.7 works great with the P4.

Can I ask you a stupid question? Can you use this forum on your iPad pro? Like with WiFi OFF, and just running on cellular? I have to use a VPN it's BS. Works fine on my phone.

Can I ask you a stupid question? Can you use this forum on your iPad pro? Like with WiFi OFF, and just running on cellular? I have to use a VPN it's BS. Works fine on my phone.

No reason why not. WIFI off will force traffic through your cellular connection.

Yes sir I am on cell right now.

Newbie here. Love this forum. Even though I am week and 10 hours under my belt this forum makes me feel like a pro.

Phantom 4
Brand new
iPad Pro 9.7

My iPad 2 connects, my iPhone 6 and 6s connect, my galaxy tablet connects but no love with the new iPad Pro 9.7

Called DJI and was informed that the iPad Pro 9.7 is not an approved device ????

How you all making this work .

And thank you for any advice. I am ready to tackle this

Newbie here. Love this forum. Even though I am week and 10 hours under my belt this forum makes me feel like a pro.

Phantom 4
Brand new
iPad Pro 9.7

My iPad 2 connects, my iPhone 6 and 6s connect, my galaxy tablet connects but no love with the new iPad Pro 9.7

Called DJI and was informed that the iPad Pro 9.7 is not an approved device ????

How you all making this work .
Like Steve Jobs once said "It just works"

I have both an iPad 9.7 and the 12.9 models and had no problems from them. Perhaps you need to do a hard reboot on your iPad and it thould be fine:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl