Filming the US Open of Surfing 2014

As someone who surf's I love these vids not been able to go of late do to waiting on a new gear box for my r.v coming 3 months been waiting . So all I can do is watch vid's like yours play with my p2v and fine a big hill to go down on my longboard. Thanks for the vid

Sweet shots! I've owned my Phantom for a while now, but I still wouldn't dare to put it over water. :cry:

Sweet video. :)

I was there today but I left my P2V+ at home.
______

I'm thinking of going back with it this week. The event goes on until Sunday August 3rd.
UrAwFuL said:
Sweet shots! I've owned my Phantom for a while now, but I still wouldn't dare to put it over water. :cry:

:D Just do it. Flying over water is thrilling. The vast majority of my flights have been over water with no problem.

illuzion987,
Was that at the Huntington Pier in LA?

I have taken stills for a sports website the last 3 years at the US Open. Shot this from the press booth last year. Hoping to get passes for the finals this year.

US%20Open%20Surf%20-13-M.jpg

At that time I didn't know what it was but in the note at the bottom of my site I wrote "I want one of these" now I am addicted to my FPV'd P2.

More here:http://www.yorksphotos.com/Sports

I thought I caught a quick view of one of the buildings on the pier. There once were cameras on that building that I could pick up off a satellite using FTA equipment. Enjoyed seeing the massive change in the tides throughout the day. Since this Spring they only run ads and old videos of the beach. Not live anymore. There are still several on buildings away from the beach but do not show the tide change as well. Those can be viewed from the internet.

Happyflyer said:
I thought I caught a quick view of one of the buildings on the pier. There once were cameras on that building that I could pick up off a satellite using FTA equipment. Enjoyed seeing the massive change in the tides throughout the day. Since this Spring they only run ads and old videos of the beach. Not live anymore. There are still several on buildings away from the beach but do not show the tide change as well. Those can be viewed from the internet.

There are live view webcams of HB here.

http://hbcams.com/

Yup! Those are the ones I mentioned.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl