FC40 camera Battery

Reaction score
Hi guys
Having problems figuring out my FC40 battery plugged it into the usb port on my computer but when i go out to use the camera via wifi it starts out ok then comes back with a low battery from the camera dose the camera battery have a shut off when its fully charged or how do i charge it also is there an indication from the status light on the camera when its fully charged i can't find any info on this anyone have info on this.

Dennis

Hello I believe it flashes red when it is charging and shuts off when it is full. I can double check when I get home tonight. Are you using the USB extension cable that came with you phantom? I have heard they have issues. I have not had a problem charging my camera.

Page 20 of the owners manual shows the led sequence for the camera. It SHOULD flash red when charging.

The LED under the lens on the camera flashes red while charging and does nothing when it is fully charged. Mine charged for like 4 hours on its first charge. As for the low battery alarm, I don't believe the FC40 camera transmits a low battery warning. I do know that on several occasions while I was flying mine that my iPhone reported a 'less than 20% battery' warning in flight with the FC40 app running yet when I took it in to charge it, it showed 74%. I have topped off my old iPhone now every time before a flight and have not had any issues.

Hi Guys
Ok now were getting some where so i know that the led is on red when charging but i did not know it showed when is fully charged so the camera cut's off the charge so no worrys about over charging the battery then.
And the battery takes about 4 hr's to completely charge out of the box all use full info not found in the data sheet i see the page with all the leds but did not see what it shows when complete thanks.

Dennis

Yes just make sure it is blinking red when you plug it in. Once it is charged it will shut off and not blink anymore.

Thanks again guys
what i found was the battery was not charging through the usb on my computer so i rigged up a charger through my flight box batt seams to working now.

Dennis

BMc said:
The LED under the lens on the camera flashes red while charging and does nothing when it is fully charged. Mine charged for like 4 hours on its first charge. As for the low battery alarm, I don't believe the FC40 camera transmits a low battery warning. I do know that on several occasions while I was flying mine that my iPhone reported a 'less than 20% battery' warning in flight with the FC40 app running yet when I took it in to charge it, it showed 74%. I have topped off my old iPhone now every time before a flight and have not had any issues.
hi when i plug mine into the computor via usb it does not flash red it just stays solid red

When my camera batt is fully charged light stays on solid so i think what you are seeing a is a fully charged battery.

Dennis

How do you charge your fc40 battery? y connecting to the computer? using a wall plug like the iphones little white box?
I asked the DJI Support center and never answered.

joseglezr said:
How do you charge your fc40 battery? y connecting to the computer? using a wall plug like the iphones little white box?
I asked the DJI Support center and never answered.

If you mean the Camera itself. Just use a standard iPhone charger adapter. I didn't have much luck with the computer, but wall charger worked fine.

I don't know the voltage of the FC40 camera battery, but I do know that it's built-in to the camera.

I download pictures and videos from the camera and charge it at the same time, using the longer USB to USB-mini cable connected to my Windows computer. As mentioned by others, the camera indicator LED does not turn green when the battery is charged, it just turns solid red.

My cam only charges from my phone charger....well hope it is charging (the red light is flashing) :roll:
It just stays solid red with USB into the computer. It is a great product but intstructions can be a little confusing and misleading. I see nothing anywhere (maybe I should look harder) telling us how to charge the unit at all.....only what the led indicator should be doing. Surely we should not have to find out all this stuff ourselves by trial and error :shock:
Is it really OK to use a mobile phone charger......seems to be getting very warm right now :oops:

stratflyer said:
My cam only charges from my phone charger....well hope it is charging (the red light is flashing) :roll:
It just stays solid red with USB into the computer. It is a great product but intstructions can be a little confusing and misleading. I see nothing anywhere (maybe I should look harder) telling us how to charge the unit at all.....only what the led indicator should be doing. Surely we should not have to find out all this stuff ourselves by trial and error :shock:
Is it really OK to use a mobile phone charger......seems to be getting very warm right now :oops:

It worked for me. The light would go completely out once charged.
Unfortunately, I returned my FC40. Nothing was wrong with it, I got the bug, and i'm getting a Phantom 2 with gimbal now. :p

Hi, My camera used to flash the red led for a few seconds and then go solid red each time I plugged into PC laptop or my Mac mini desktop, I assumed after looking in the instructions that this solid red led meant the battery was fully charged, I tried leaving it plugged in for hours to see if the red led would go out but even left overnight it stayed a solid red, Have tried plugging the camera and usb lead into my iPhone charger today and the red led flash's for around 2 hours and then goes to a solid red so I think the camera will not charge when connected to a PC usb port.

Just reading over these posts and thought I would chime in. My FC40 camera will only charge when plugged into a standalone USB charger. It will not charge when plugged into a computer. When I plug it into my PC, it opens as a mass storage device on the PC and I can view the media on the devise however the red light is not flashing thus I believe while its data is being accessed, it is not charging. I even electronically 'ejected' the devise while still plugged in.

I bought one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-SurgePlus- ... sb+charger
I have everything plugged into it that I need to charge for my rig: USB cables to charge FC40 cam, GoPro & iPod Touch (FPV screen), Battery charger for Tx AA batteries & LiPo charger. I just bundled all the wires together and it charges everything wherever I go. Heck, I have a little DC-AC inverter in the car so I can charge mobile if need be.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl