Failed Firmware Version 1.6.0400 Upgrade

Reaction score
PROBLEMS AFTER FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Drone: DJI Phantom Advanced
IOS Device: IPAD AIR 2
Upgrade: 1.5.0030 to 1.6.0040

SYMTOMS AFTER UPGRADE
1) Switch copter on.
2) Drone immediatly start making very loud beeps (all same length)
3) Camera does its dance and level out.
4) LED on gimble flashes fast green (about 40 fast flashes)
5) Then a pause, then starts again with 40 flashes.
6) Camera goes lie limp on its side.
7) All LED lights underneath craft are dead from start(no red, green or yellow)
8) Upgrade begins showing red/green alternating colors on gimble.
9) After 20 seconds, upgrade indication stops.
10) Fast flashing green LED on gimble starts again.
11) Process repeats itself.
12) I left this process go on for an hour. Loud beeps remain.
13) There is no response from RC to drone.
14) In DJI GO, shows "No Connection"
15) Camera controls on DJI GO app greyed out.
16) Cannot even format SD card, shows a time out message.
17) No TXT file gets written to the root of SD card showing fail / success.
18) Motors don't even start.

WHAT I HAVE DONE
1) DJI GO on the latest IOS version 2.4.3
2) Reistablish pairing with RC and copter succesfully
3) SD Card formatted on another drone.
4) I even tried another SD Card
5) Firmware loaded on SD Card 1.6.0040 from laptop.
THIS IS THE STATUS. Is there someone who can give me advice?
All cables is fine on gimble - I also had no crashes.

Can you please refer me to someone? I know its software and don't want to buy a new drone.

Last edited:
Please post the TXT file from your memory card.

Do the upgrade again and just let it set. It will eventually take. Some times up to 45 minutes I have heard. The beeps indicate a failure but just let it beep. If it's too bad stick it in a closet and close the door and just wait. Takes a while!

Root of SD Card.JPG
Please post the TXT file from your memory card.
That is the one thing I forgot also to mention. No TXT log file showing the result of the upgrade gets written back to SD Card.

Last edited:
Do the upgrade again and just let it set. It will eventually take. Some times up to 45 minutes I have heard. The beeps indicate a failure but just let it beep. If it's too bad stick it in a closet and close the door and just wait. Takes a while!
I let it run yesterday afternoon for almost two hours. Still nothing.

Try using a different memory card.

Maybe try downgrading to 1.4 and then going right to 1.6 if that works.

That's correct.
Then it is a balls up on DJI side. Look at the page and the link. You will see that I am on the right page and when I click on the ZIP icon, that is the version that downloads. You will see it at the bottom left corner of picture. Thanks for pointing it out. Do you maybe have a URL for P3A where I can download it?
.JPG

Maybe try downgrading to 1.4 and then going right to 1.6 if that works.
Hello, Thank you for your advise. I try to downgrade to 1.4 but the filename starts also P3S. (P3S_FW_V01.04.0005). But this time it did not write a TXT file but two additional BIN were created. See attachment

Attachments

• Files Created.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 180
You can ignore the "P3S" file name. It's the correct file. DJI does not excel at naming files.

It sounds like you're not waiting long enough for the firmware to install. The TXT file is not created if you kill the update while it's being installed. Make sure you have a full battery and try letting the 1.6 BIN install for 1+ hour. It usually doesn't take that long to install, but it's probably your only option if you don't want to send your Phantom to DJI.

You can ignore the "P3S" file name. It's the correct file. DJI does not excel at naming files.

It sounds like you're not waiting long enough for the firmware to install. The TXT file is not created if you kill the update while it's being installed. Make sure you have a full battery and try letting the 1.6 BIN install for 1+ hour. It usually doesn't take that long to install, but it's probably your only option if you don't want to send your Phantom to DJI.
Hello my friend. I had it going for 2,5 hours. No TXT file written in that time. Keep on looping as described above in steps 8 to 10

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl