FAA UAS Registration tag

BVC

Reaction score
All,
I assume most of you will register your drone with the FAA. Of course having the markings on your drone isn't ideal but required. I thought I'd share the company/size I used to get my results should anyone care to go the same route.

My option was simply gray letters fitted to one of the legs side.

Until I read up on how public the UAS registration # is I will blur out most of the digits for privacy reasons until more information is found/understood. But at least you get the idea..

Any who, I ordered these decals from www.doityourselflettering.com
.25" tall x 2.25" wide. Perfect fit for the leg!

droneregistered2_zpsob9psnlq.png

droneregisterd_zpskxexv71o.png

Items
Custom Lettering #
TOTAL Height: 0.25", Width: 2.25"
[img Premium 3M™ Cast Vinyl
Text Color: Gray
Background: Cut Out & Removed

Price: $6.01
Quantity: 1
Total: $6.01
View Online
Summary
Shipping Via: USPS First Class
Subtotal: $6.01
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $1.00
Order Total: $7.01

Reactions: Dirty Bird
Thanks! Just ordered a few different colors...great site reasonable colors and yes multiple different background colors and text shadowing effects etc.

So, you are OK with drawing a huge stick figure on your phantom, but not OK to just write your registration number with a marker?
Seriously?

Reactions: Jahbass
So, you are OK with drawing a huge stick figure on your phantom, but not OK to just write your registration number with a marker?
Seriously?
Lol I found the humor in an otherwise organized disorganized world.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Why go through so much effort. Take a sharpie, write it on a piece of masking tape, and put it in the battery compartment. You are in full compliance with minimal effort.

Reactions: ScatSpeak
Even if I just stick a label in the battery compartment I still want it nicely printed. Can't have my birds looking shabby I got a reputation to uphold! :cool:

Why go through so much effort. Take a sharpie, write it on a piece of masking tape, and put it in the battery compartment. You are in full compliance with minimal effort.

Even if I just stick a label in the battery compartment I still want it nicely printed. Can't have my birds looking shabby I got a reputation to uphold! :cool:
Is there a place for sticking a label in the battery compartment? :)

Nice work, great effort However, I just made a few decals with my pc and printer and some scrap decal paper. Placed on legs as well, a lot smaller . Cost me about $0.10.

Would not put zero inside the battery compartment.

They print all sorts of decals. Any sort of backgrounds, fonts, sizes, ect. We actually use them at work for our vehicles (500+). I have been happy with their products at work so I decided to use them for my decal on the drone.

Harsh crowd here. Clearly we're all adults (I assume) and if you did register with the FAA you are aware of where and how you can mount your tag. My reason for the location/color was because I have nothing to hide. While I don't want to make it too easy for anyone walking by to see my # I also want to make it easy to identify on the aircraft should I find myself in a situation needing to provide proof of registration.

I COULD have printed the decal at home for 10 cents I'm sure. After I have to buy that product in bulk. So those are skewed numbers.. After buying a package of vinyl paper, a printer and taking my time to cut it all out yada yada.. I make enough money to pay $7 in this odd need for vinyl letters for (in my case they gave me 2) decals. I have better things to do with my time. Like fly!! (or drink some whisky on the rocks people watching). For $4 I could have gone to my local hobby lobby or the like and gotten a few sheets of cut out letters/numbers used in arts and crafts. But eh.. that'd require me having to drive to that area which this time of year is packed full of nonsense and idiot drivers.

"Like a boss" meme (on top of my drone) is actually a decal I picked up on eBay for $2.50 shipped. I go out of my way to educate the public of my flight, equipment and point of view on privacy whenever the situation comes up. Having a cool meme decal on my drone is a great way to not only come off as friendly & fun but also a conversation starter. To be honest though I try to avoid populated areas if I can as I'd rather focus on my flights/shots than answering 21 questions DURING flight.

IMG_0505_zps95h0shpl.png

Regardless of your feelings about drone registration… Please don't put it on the outside of your craft. Then it won't be long before a new law comes along requiring everyone to have them on the outside in a specific visible format, then next step will be license plates that we renew every year. Follow the law but, at the legal minimum required by putting it in the battery compartment.

It does look snazzy on the legs.

i just printed an adress lable with name adress phone number ama number and faa number and cut it out and taped it to the top of the phantom.
real simple.

What font is that? Any border or anything. The silver looks good, I wonder if the gold would match the P3P gold I have on mine. Also, what lens cap/gimbal guard is that? I have the red flag lens cap thing but the actual cap is awful. I like the way you have that set up.

And yes, like everyone has said there are a lot of other and cheap ways to do this. I like your way and it's worth $7 to me.

My numbers will take a magnifying glass to read, avery label. I like 480sparky's mounting area. I'll be legal though! :p

If I'm dyslexic and accidentally get a couple numbers backwards, am I liable given my medical condition? :confused:

Last edited:
What font is that? Any border or anything. The silver looks good, I wonder if the gold would match the P3P gold I have on mine. Also, what lens cap/gimbal guard is that? I have the red flag lens cap thing but the actual cap is awful. I like the way you have that set up.

And yes, like everyone has said there are a lot of other and cheap ways to do this. I like your way and it's worth $7 to me.

Thanks!

It's just the letters pre-cut. You COULD get a background if you want. Many printed options. Mine were simply pre-cut letters.

The font used was "Eurostile"

I forget where I got my lens cap from.. I want to say Amazon or it could have been eBay via a USA seller?? I remember I paid $6 for it shipped. It's just a generic china made cap. I had to file down the fin on the lens cover so it'd slide into my camera base with ease. Other than a light sanding I'm actually very happy with it. Problem is I kept forgetting to remove the **** thing so I had to attach "remove before flight" tag to it before I screwed up the gimbal powering on prior to removal!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves