FAA UAS Registration tag

FAA mounting instructions.

UAS Registration Q&A

Marking and operating your UAS before you fly
Q46. Will my drone require an N-number or sticker?

A. No. You will receive a unique registration number, not an N-number, and you must mark the registration number on your UAS by some means that is legible and allows the number to be readily seen. The registration number may be placed in a battery compartment as long as it can be accessed without the use of tools.

Q47. Is putting my AMA number on my drone enough?

A. No. Not at this time. The registration system will generate a unique FAA registration number, which you must mark on your aircraft.

Q48. Would putting my contact information on my drone be enough?

A. No, you must mark it with the FAA registration number.

Q49. How do I mark my unmanned aircraft with the unique registration number?

A. You may use any method to affix the number, such as permanent marker, label, engraving, or other means, as long as the number is readily accessible and maintained in a condition that is readable and legible upon close visual inspection. If your unmanned aircraft has an easily accessible battery compartment you may affix the number in that compartment.

I printed out my registration back December, but lost the card. I looked all over the FAA's website, but couldn't find where to do that...help?

You must have gotten an email from FAA.gov with your registration.

Also I was advised by my guy at stcNY where I bought and get my drones repaired, not to put it on the outside. Don't want someone copying your reg number & using it. If they screw up- your number and your *** is on it.
He says to put it inside the battery compartment.
I use small mailing labels to mark most of my small photo accessories and equipment. So I put my number "FAA# xxxxxxx" on a label and put it at the rear of the battery compartment- on the back "wall" .
I do have a larger label with name , address and my cell on the outside though covered with layer of clear packing tape in case of loss and hopefully a Good Samaritan to contact me for return.
Trying for hopeful outlook on fellow humans...

I copied my reg form & made a pdf that I keep on my phone and iPad. If I'm flying I can't lose it...

I have all the info on my phone as well. I also made a short text file that I keep on the root directory of all my SD cards that contains my contact info, and FAA number plus the serial number of the Phantom.

This place does a great job! Vinyl Lettering | Custom Vinyl Lettering
drone.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20