F**KED UP MY REMOTE!!!!

Reaction score
Hey all,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I was installing my Argtek range extender and I ran into a hiccup.....

47d40b48cca48ee07a7abb6eb3d1e642.jpg
[/IMG]

You can see where the connector should be there isn't a connector cuz i snapped it off by accident trying to remove the old wires.

[emoji35]

As you have discovered, disconnecting those wires is the trickiest part of any antenna mod. New controllers (std) are $99, perhaps cheaper used. That's my best advice.

Reactions: hexagon
unless you can find a repair place to solder it back on

Reactions: captainmilehigh
Yeah, I held my breath when I pulled them off when I installed my Itelite DBS range extender. Choices are new or used remote I suppose. Don't know if @hunch at uavrepairshop.com can help or not. He's a regular on the Forum and does great work.

Can't hurt to contact him and see what he can offer.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

youve nothing to lose as its already broke, have a go, its easy peasy.

Last edited:
That sucks.. Cant you solder them back on?, shouldn't be that difficult
Only problem with soldering is the connector is so small that it would be a difficult solder....

Looks like a new controller is my only option. Oh well

Sputnik,

I sent you a PM. I have a P3S remote with the DBS Mod if you are interested. It is virtually brand new and works perfect.

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Yeah I made the same problem on mine. I sent it back to DJI for repair. They were going to charge me $100. I said screw that and just bought used one with the DBS mod already on it which costed me $150 on ebay.

Classic mod error. Lots of guys make this mistake early on including me. Good news is, next time you'll do it right!

Problem with soldering it back on is you'll never be quite sure if you had it aligned exactly right, or if the part is snug to the board. In other words, if you're having range problems down the road, how do you know for sure it's not due to a weak connection due to this make-shift solder repair job? When doing mods, it's best to make sure every mod is rock solid before proceeding to the next mod.

That's why I think it's best to chalk it up to experience and start over with a new controller.

Make sure you have all the right tools for your second attempt. Pen knife. Magnifying glass. Correct technique. Patience.

Correct technique: Snip the wire close as possible. When you're sure it's free of the silicone and no longer adhered to the board, grab the ufl part with needle nose pliers and rotate completely around in a circle 360 degrees. Then grab it head on and pull it straight up.

Classic mod error. Lots of guys make this mistake early on including me. Good news is, next time you'll do it right!

Problem with soldering it back on is you'll never be quite sure if you had it aligned exactly right, or if the part is snug to the board. In other words, if you're having range problems down the road, how do you know for sure it's not due to a weak connection due to this make-shift solder repair job? When doing mods, it's best to make sure every mod is rock solid before proceeding to the next mod.

That's why I think it's best to chalk it up to experience and start over with a new controller.

Make sure you have all the right tools for your second attempt. Pen knife. Magnifying glass. Correct technique. Patience.

Correct technique: Snip the wire close as possible. When you're sure it's free of the silicone and no longer adhered to the board, grab the ufl part with needle nose pliers and rotate completely around in a circle 360 degrees. Then grab it head on and pull it straight up.

Thanks for the help all. I like this idea of snipping the wire and then pulling off connector with needle nose. I'll definitely give that a shot.
I bought a new controller, just waiting for the FedEx Fairy to deliver now :sleeping:

Does the factory silicon/glue securing the wire connector to the motherboard connector soften up when heat is applied, e.g. a hot air gun? Considering getting a DBS mod kit and looking for best practices on implementing. I see a lot of videos where people use a hot glue gun to secure the connection so seems logical the glue may be easier to remove if softened up.

If you are interested in getting it repaired check out DronesResQ on instagram and get in touch. Guy does amazing repairs.

Hey all,

Hoping someone here can help me out. I was installing my Argtek range extender and I ran into a hiccup.....

[/IMG]

You can see where the connector should be there isn't a connector cuz i snapped it off by accident trying to remove the old wires.

[emoji35]
Send it to me and I'll fix it cheap

I had the same problem on my Standard controller. I was able to purchase a new UFL connector on Amazon & was able to solder it back on. These are VERY sensitive and not meant for removal once the antenna is connected to it. I read (somewhere) that they last around 3X for connection - reconnection. If you trust your soldering skills then go for it. If not, then just purchase a replacement remote control. BTW, they do make the same type glue to hold down everything (Amazon), but I just used my hot glue gun w no problems. Best of luck, however you chose to do it.

Hey all,

[/IMG]

[emoji35]
Just solder direct to the board and bobs your uncle

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl