Extremely low range & my drone randomly landed

Reaction score
Ill start with the drone landing itself. Today I was flying about 100-120 meters high i think and about 600m distance. Because of the low range issues, it disconnected and the last thing i saw was 'landing' at the top when normally it just returns from home. Luckily I ran for 20 mins getting to it before someone takes it and found it very luckily in an alley way unharmed. Why did it randomly land? I checked my settings and found the return from home height was set to 30m for some reason. Ive changed this now but as it was flying alot higher than that, would that cause it to land?

Also the low range issue. The maximum it has gone is 800m. Granted I live in the city so once it gets far away, there will be the top of buildings getting in the way but the time it did 800m it was over a huge lake where there was no obsticles. Is there something wrong with the transmitter and/ or reciever?

thanks

Why did it randomly land?
There are several reasons for autoland. We would need to see the flight data to give you an appropriate answer. See this link and upload your device data file and place a link back here to that so others can assist you. Instructions are on the link.

Phantom Help Data Upload

It seems to just suddenly cut out with no explanation
Whatever the incident in question was is not shown in the device log due to the RC disconnect. When complete signal loss occurs, data also stops transmission, which is why the device data appears to stop suddenly. There is nothing in this data to indicate any issue past that point. To determine a reason for the autoland, assuming there was one, you will need to extract the aircraft .dat file. When you have this file you will need to upload that to a sharable location such as dropbox, google drive etc...and share a link back here to that, if you wish others to take a look for you. See the link below for instructions if you wish to do so.

Retrieve DAT Files

Why did it randomly land?
Since we don't have enough data to explain the autoland you mentioned, it could very well be that you flew into an Authorization Zone. The Zone in blue below will limit your flight and possibly initiate an autoland. Your flight is the first image, the zone is the second.

Capture.PNG

Authorization ZonewLabel.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor