error/info messages

Reaction score
Is there any kind of error/info index or list besides the "troubleshooting guide" in the manual? Would be nice to know what the msgs are, and what causes them, and what the response should be,,,,,, ahead of time. For instance I get two different msgs concerning loss of signal. One is quite often(several times in each flight). The msg is " NO SIGNAL" followed by the RTH option. This one is probably caused by my underpowered Samsung Tab A 8". When it occurs, I touch the dji-go app to restart it, and the video comes back and I go on. The other happens when I get too far out, or too low. I don't remember the exact terminology. I don't get in that situation very often. Increasing alt, or steering back towards the RC fixes that one. Just curious as to what all types of msgs are possible. Thanks, Gary

Would be nice to know what the messages are, and what causes them, and what the response should be,,,,,, ahead of time.
Unfortunately the answer is no. The only way to know what causes them is to look at the flight logs, other than the obvious ones of coarse and even then you may not be 100% certain, but at least you would know why you got the message. But to my knowlege there is no such listing. If you are specifically speaking of "No Signal", in the instance you mentioned this was loss of "downlink" ( Video feed and telemetry data) which you actually may not have lost due to the slow refresh on the tablet and you did not lose "uplink" RC control signal.

If there are any specific error messages that occur that you would like to know about, just ask. You will get an answer here, I assure you.

Is there any kind of error/info index or list besides the "troubleshooting guide" in the manual? Would be nice to know what the msgs are, and what causes them, and what the response should be,,,,,, ahead of time. For instance I get two different msgs concerning loss of signal. One is quite often(several times in each flight). The msg is " NO SIGNAL" followed by the RTH option. This one is probably caused by my underpowered Samsung Tab A 8". When it occurs, I touch the dji-go app to restart it, and the video comes back and I go on. The other happens when I get too far out, or too low. I don't remember the exact terminology. I don't get in that situation very often. Increasing alt, or steering back towards the RC fixes that one. Just curious as to what all types of msgs are possible. Thanks, Gary

I've used the same Tab A 8" as you for years and never gotten that message?

Reactions: GWTX
Thanks for the replies. The "No Signal" has been going on ever since an update a couple years ago. Scared me to death the first time it happened. I flew back using the trail/track. The tablet worked fine for a while when everything was new. I have since disabled, uninstalled, and stripped the junk from the tab, to no avail. I have rolled back to 2.8.1, and tried everything I have read about.
It's not related to distance, as is the other msg is. It sometimes occurs within 50 feet or less of the RC. The screen just goes grey. I cancel the RTH msg, all the controls work fine, just no DJIGO.
Pretty much takes the fun out flying,,,wish I had my Cessna back :)

I've used the same Tab A 8" as you for years and never gotten that message?
Thanks for the reply. It helped me look elsewhere for the problem,,,and I think I found it.(see the post "NoSignal" fixed. Thanks again, happy flying. Gary

Reactions: Phill2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga