ERROR 27 How to solve!

Reaction score
So you got Error 27!

In my case i had a SEVERE Error 27 failure. Long story short

Bought the Phantom in USA flew it inside a huge indoor garage the day I got it. Did not read any manuals or do any thing to it. Just charger the battery and flew it right of the bat. Worked real nice! Got confident and cocky and started to mess around. Well the inevitable happened I bumped into a garage door but only at less the 10 inches of the ground. Two blades were damaged.
Decided to order some more blades before my return trip hom to Rio De Janeiro.

Got back to Rio. Put on the new blades. Called my buddy over and was going to show him the Phantom. The craft took off in such a nose dive! There went two more blades. ( Glad I bought a bunch ). Started to read up on the Phantom and connected it to my computer ( A mac running VmWare)
There were error 27 26 and 25!! Holy crap!

To get rid of error 26 a basick IMU calibration sorted that out. The error 25 was not easy on my heart but worked. Open the Phantom up put it on the side with NAZA text upp ward slam it with the back of a screwdriver ( well not to hard but it was rubber part of the screwdriver ) Error 25 GONE!

Now the **** 27 Error!
After about 60 emails forward and back with Robert from UAV Products ( formerly DJI USA ) I managed to get rid of error 27 and the craft flies nice now.

So how did I get rid of Error 27! Took me 2 hours of magnet and just doing what they do in this video
http://youtu.be/Vo7Kf3uo93I

Some people say takes up to 10 times. Took me 2 hours!!! but worked. I did try different magnets and the less powerful magnets seem to do the trick better!

THANK YOU ROBERT FOR YOU PATIENCE AND HELP!

To Infinity and Beyond!!!

Thanks for you post! I have been dealing with the same problem.

Error 27: I took a kitchen magnet and just hold it still next to the compass, suddenly the led was flashing green. Remember you have to take the magnet right away as you see the green flash light. It took me about 5 min i think.

Then you have to calibrate as normal after the magnet section.

Regards
Bjorn

Sometime you just have to move a few yards and/or turn the Phantom in different directions.
Fixing using the magnet may take a while but once fixed, it should be good until the compass encounter some strayed magnetic field, for example in the trunk of my hybrid car. Set my Phantom to take off from the car roof also fails unless I move it to the clear poly carbonate moon roof section.

I keep the magnet handy by sticking the neodymium magnet ones to the TX handle.

AND IM BACK!

So my Phantom was flying Great after my post on how to remove Error 27!
After I installed teh GoPro Gimball from uavproducts.com (the 139usd one) I got error 27 AGAIN!!!!!
So I tried to get rid of it with a magnet again and took forver but all of a sudden i got 1600 on the MOD so quickly did a IMU Adv calibration, Went outdoors to to do a compas calibration and it blinked red and yellow! GRRR tried some more and finally was blinking green! Only when i set it on the ground it wou blink red n yellow.

Took it out for a spin http://youtu.be/KdXBNnOtYLY and it was very jumpy! Also the gimball is not using good settings I can see.

Now I wonder if i buy a new compass will that solve my problem or is the issue in the NAZA?

Perhaps it is the area that you start your Phantom! Like I said earlier, if I put my Phantom on the metal roof, I will always get red/yellow but if I move a couple feet away to the clear moon roof, it is okay. Even on the ground sometime, there's a pipe, cables, wires under ground or too near to the metal post, fence or wall.
You can be aggressive using the magnet and use different motions, perhaps even slightly touch the compass.
Good luck

Hi, Iam trying to watch this videos about magneting the compass but youtbe says there are private videos and I cant watch it. Im having the same problem. My phantom led is blinking yellow and red. Ive tried to use a magnet and that almost worked. It blinks green one time, then blinks three times red but then becomes blinking yellow and red again.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl