E300 Tuned Propulsion

Reaction score
Has anyone out there tried the DJI E300 Tuned Propulsion system? The ads for it make it sound wonderful with a 20% increase in greater efficiencies. That should translate to longer flight times if it's to be believed. Apparently the kit provides improved motors, props and ESCs. If anyone has looked into it could you please share your findings. I am thinking of purchasing but am a bit worried that the ads are over emphasizing the improvements.

Are you wanting to install this on your Phantom? The kits are normally made for the F450/F550 Flamewheel kits.. If you're looking to upgrade your motors, go for the new motors that DJI is shipping very soon as well as the new 2.0 ESCs..

If you're wanting them for your Flamewheel, they do allow you to now use your Phantom 2 props.. I will soon be adding the new 9450 Thrust Boosted props to my F550 to see what it will do for her..

messenger-5831142635321334404-13902527416670621.jpg

sorry to hack the thread but I too want to know about the e300 motors and phantom 2 vision plus. I am purchasing a S-tuned phantom 2 vision plus fro UAVdirect and it comes with the e300 motors and gray 9450 propellers. UAV-outlet, what's the problem with the e300 motors and Phantom 2 vision plus and what are these new motors that DJI will offer? Are this motors for the Vision plus and will the motors work with the 9550 and with the standard vision plus propellers?

I have to decide if wait for them or go ahead with the s-tuned order.

Thank You

My two pence worth.
I had a F450 that had the E300 system in it.
I took the motors out and replaced the stock Phantom ones with them.
I didn't swap the ESCs over as some cutting out of the internals of the shell is required but it does look easy to get them to fit with some work.
Also you will loose the LEDs under the arms showing you GPS lock etc if you swap the ESCs to the E300 ones.
In terms of performance.
I flew the Phantom 2 this weekend and last and even in some pretty windy/gusty conditions I got a good 20mins or more.
I didn't fly with anything attached as my Gopro is away for repair at the moment so maybe the less weight helped but the wind didn't seem to affect the run time.
I certainly think the E300 motors are a bit better than the stock ones.
The props I got with the F450 kit are exactly the same as the white Phantom 2 ones just that they are grey.

If I remember correctly from the Rc groups thread , they're same motor that's in the vision !

I just bought the Phantom 2 Vision plus S-tuned with from UAV direct. I had a Phantom 1 before so I can't really compare it to that but I get around 20 minute flight time and the last few days have been flying it in 20-30mph winds at 500-1000ft and its solid and stable.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl