Dynamic home point

Reaction score
Can someone tell me how to set the dynamic home point for my Phantom 3 Pro? I am going to use my quad to film my fishing trip from a boat and want to make sure the home point is the controller, just in case. I will never be more than 200 feet from my quad, but the boat could move a bit.
Thanks In Advance!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The Phantom 3 does not have a dynamic home point feature. You can only manually reset the home point from the top of the "MC Settings" in DJI GO.

If you have GPS on the mobile device that you are using with the controller, then you can set the home point as the controller and not the point where the drone takes off from.

Reactions: liketogethigh
Does this work does it? I work on Ships and always wanted to try get a sail in/out but a bit worried with the whole home point setting. As long as it always changes the remote position, because I just thought if you used remote location it would still not be dynamic and just set it.

Does this work does it? I work on Ships and always wanted to try get a sail in/out but a bit worried with the whole home point setting. As long as it always changes the remote position, because I just thought if you used remote location it would still not be dynamic and just set it.

Probably not a good idea to check it out if you are in a boat. I'll have to check it out tomorrow in the field. If I set the home point to the controller and then walk to a different spot while flying the drone and use the RTH mode, if the drone lands at the place where I set the RTH point or if it lands where I'm standing. I have a feeling that it's going to land at the point where it was first set. I will find out tomorrow.

You should only update the home point if that location is good for landing within 15' radius.

As long as it always changes the remote position, because I just thought if you used remote location it would still not be dynamic and just set it.
The DJI GO app does not automatically update the home point. You must manually reset the home point in the DJI GO app.

The DJI GO app does not automatically update the home point. You must manually reset the home point in the DJI GO app.
Is there an echo in here?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

:)

Reactions: CafeRacer
Well, I tried it, and if you set the home point to the remote control, the home point does NOT move if you walk to a point farther away from where it was originally set. I never tried updating the home point while it was flying.

Well, I tried it, and if you set the home point to the remote control, the home point does NOT move if you walk to a point farther away from where it was originally set
Right on. That's because it's not actually dynamic ;)

Reactions: CafeRacer
Ok. Can you clarify something for me?

Before the latest updates I used to be able to tap the screen. Select the RC as the home point rather than the take off point. I could walk away. Do a RTH and the drone would home in on the RC rather than the take off point.

If that was not the case then why have the separate selection? oh and yes after it was hidden in the software, by the latest updates, it no longer works.

Before the latest updates I used to be able to tap the screen. Select the RC as the home point rather than the take off point. I could walk away. Do a RTH and the drone would home in on the RC rather than the take off point.
I'm not sure why that happened. DJI has not changed the functionality of that feature though.

Ok. Can you clarify something for me?

If that was not the case then why have the separate selection? oh and yes after it was hidden in the software, by the latest updates, it no longer works.

If you reset home to the current location of the controller, that's what the Phantom will do but if you walk away and continue moving the Phantom would never update and follow you.
The most likely reason for DJI hiding the reset home point function is that they have another feature on screen in that position for the P4.

If you reset home to the current location of the controller, that's what the Phantom will do but if you walk away and continue moving the Phantom would never update and follow you.
The most likely reason for DJI hiding the reset home point function is that they have another feature on screen in that position for the P4.

I have said that the whole time. Yes they did move the button for a new feature on P4. Yes I know what resetting the home point on the controller does. The fact remains that when I press/tap the reset the home point to the current controller position I get the message "Home Point Not Set", rather than the message that the home point has been set etc

This fault has only occurred since I updated.

What kind of mobile device are you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18