Dynamic home point-not set by default

Reaction score
Hi all,

In the absence of a manual for the DJI Go app, I am having some trouble with the dynamic home point setting. From what I understand, dynamic home point is the default setting when you are using a device with a GPS receiver. I am using an iPhone 6 with GPS enabled on the phone and in the app (i.e. allowing the app to use my location while open), but the DJI Go app is defaulting to setting the home point as the takeoff point.

I have tried to reset the home point, but I don't see a dynamic home point option. I was hoping someone can help me figure out if I am making a simple mistake. Thank you in advance for any help or advice you can offer.

There is no true dynamic home point setting for the P4. After your home point is auto marked prior to takeoff, you can reset the home point to your Phantom's current location or your mobile device's current location (if it has a GPS receiver). There is currently no way to automatically reset the home point at an interval.

Reactions: Guillermo Mendivil
There is no true dynamic home point setting for the P4. After your home point is auto marked prior to takeoff, you can reset the home point to your Phantom's current location or your mobile device's current location (if it has a GPS receiver). There is currently no way to automatically reset the home point at an interval.

That explains why I was unable to get the home point to automatically refresh to the location of the r/c controller. My understanding was that the P3 had a dynamic home point setting which continually reset the home point to the location of the r/c controller. Do you know why the P4 doesn't have this feature? Seems like an odd omission.

My understanding was that the P3 had a dynamic home point setting which continually reset the home point to the location of the r/c controller.
The P2 does, but the P3 does not.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl