Dual Battery Mod

Gimpster not meaning to be all OCD but......... your port and starboard colors need switching. :)

Lol... yah. I'm making adjustments to them and re-printing in the proper colors ;)

I flew with them today, and it was great... had a lot of people ask me about them actually. It's pretty cool when you can tell them "I made that". Zero compass issues like with my first temporary battery tray.

Reactions: sacooke
HI guys, can I connect multistar 5200 mA LiHV in parallel with P3P main battery. I have battery mod with two external cables soldered to the main PCB.

Please advise

Thanks

HI guys, can I connect multistar 5200 mA LiHV in parallel with P3P main battery. I have battery mod with two external cables soldered to the main PCB.

Please advise

Thanks
Yeah just strap it under the VPS, turn GPS off in your app. Just plug it into one of them the other one can go unused. Wait until it says ready to fly GPS before you plug the MultiStar into your aircraft. If Dji battery starts blinking because the multiStar sometimes has more juice than the DJI battery you need to fire the engines up and hover as quick as possible and it'll stop blinking, if you don't do it soon enough the main battery will shut off, you have to start everything over

Reactions: Ed209 and Lee SK
Yeah just strap it under the VPS, turn GPS off in your app. Just plug it into one of them the other one can go unused. Wait until it says ready to fly GPS before you plug the MultiStar into your aircraft. If Dji battery starts blinking because the multiStar sometimes has more juice than the DJI battery you need to fire the engines up and hover as quick as possible and it'll stop blinking, if you don't do it soon enough the main battery will shut off, you have to start everything over
Thanks for good explanation.

I will be testing those in next couple of weeks with new RC HorizonFPV terminator kit and UAV antenna mod with FPVLR dipoles

Also I will be testing HorizonFPV battery mod with split 5200 pack

Hey igor, what aircraft are you using the dipoles on? Will you have pics of those.
I'm very curious to see what kind of flight time you get out of these 5.2 splits will you please share the information you got over here
Plug n play battery mod

Hey igor, what aircraft are you using the dipoles on? Will you have pics of those.
I'm very curious to see what kind of flight time you get out of these 5.2 splits will you please share the information you got over here
Plug n play battery mod
I have P3P. I will be testing it in two weeks time because I am working offshore now.
Previously I was using FPVLR v1 RC mod with sunhans boosters and two nano tech 1300 or two maxamps 1800 mA batteries. UAV antenna mod HorizonFPV 50/50 antennas. Max long range 6000 meter / 19685 feet over the water with full signal - didnt want to push my luck
Took me 14:09 minutes for round trip with 50 % battery left or 11:40 minutes as per Dji GO app

Both nano tech and maxamps were giving me similar flight times

Do think there is even a need for dipoles on p3p/a with these great antennas? I dont

Dont realy know, When I asked Paul about terminator he said that it works great with dipole but I will try both
Please share your dipole pics w/ me. They ARE the best matched antenna for these panels but I've yet to hear one person say they worked better than stock on p3p
I'll be tuned in

Please share your dipole pics w/ me. They ARE the best matched antenna for these panels but I've yet to hear one person say they worked better than stock on p3p
I'll be tuned in
Will do mate in two week time..Will post my results

Some pics of my dual battery setup:

7be59ebc140eedeba1de6ef8b00f2883.jpg

86c9398877f8ebc35e128e7e54e411e9.jpg

95398e0f0812ea1397d7457f8771eaf4.jpg

72a747f2f839556e2d28c97ebae4927d.jpg

Very clean T! Those trays are better than CB's
Thanks DB!
Sorry tony, that was a typo what I meant is those plastic trays look like they sit a lot closer to the bird than carbon fiber's, which means it's going to be a more aerodynamic, which translates to better flight time. Every little bit helps ,plus it just looks nicer the white on white![emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3