Dual Battery Mod

They are very tight to the bird, plus it fits in my case with no trimming!

250a0efe4741174897efbc63df9840a7.jpg
I especially like how it uses BOTH screws of the landing gear......

Reactions: dirtybum
I especially like how it uses BOTH screws of the landing gear......

They do, which is something I didnt like about the carbon fiber mounts. Also, the rectangle cutout between the screws is large enough for the white foam wire gasket to go back in.

Reactions: dirtybum
In the struggle to increase flight time I tried a 4.0 MultiStar strapped to the VPS, and, horizon 5.2 split mod taped to the legs! I think it was somewhere in the line of 200kg. I made it about 1000 feet and the bird would yaw to the left or right on it's own, and send maximum motorspeed messages! Too heavy! I brought it back after two minutes of flight and the motors were already very hot
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464141607.001311.jpg

Lol give you credit for trying that!
When I did the 5.2 and a 4.0 without the camera and tracker, the balance was great and the weight ratio was perfect. Add those two things on though it's just way too heavy

I've tried some silly battery combinations but no dice. Trying to think outside the box.

I've tried some silly battery combinations but no dice. Trying to think outside the box.
Yeah me too, 5.2 MultiStar rules the roost! I'm just trying to find a little something add on it, since it only gives me 32 to 34 minutes! So far the 2.0 Maxamp strapped to the front of the bird is a nice balance that will probably give me
A 10 mile run on the right day

I still dont get why you're only getting that much. Your main batteries are good? I just ordered 2 more and this from B&H. I'm gonna rig that up so I can use my lipo charger to try and revive that dead battery.
dji_cp_pt_000190_phantom_3_part_4_aircraft_1440433398000_1148819.jpg

Yeah just strap it under the VPS, turn GPS off in your app. Just plug it into one of them the other one can go unused. Wait until it says ready to fly GPS before you plug the MultiStar into your aircraft. If Dji battery starts blinking because the multiStar sometimes has more juice than the DJI battery you need to fire the engines up and hover as quick as possible and it'll stop blinking, if you don't do it soon enough the main battery will shut off, you have to start everything over
turn GPS off in your app <=== You mean turn VPS off ??

That's the best battery I've tried out of many. The horizon 5.2 split is giving the guys down in Florida their best time, but that battery hasn't worked for most of us.those of us who've tried to 5.2 single battery have been getting amazing results out of it! The timer on the go app doesn't even start counting down from 25 minutes until 10 to 11 minutes into the flight

Reactions: Lee SK
That's the best battery I've tried out of many. The horizon 5.2 split is giving the guys down in Florida their best time, but that battery hasn't worked for most of us.those of us who've tried to 5.2 single battery have been getting amazing results out of it! The timer on the go app doesn't even start counting down from 25 minutes until 10 to 11 minutes into the flight
Ok!!! Please let me know how to attache the lipo to the VPS ???

Use zip tie only? or Use dual lock also?

Use zip tie only? or Use dual lock also?
Most guys are using dual lock, I prefer to use both, I crash a lot and I don't want it falling and off and ripping something apart, or even worse fall off and be dangling in flight
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464193886.783527.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464193899.920906.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1464193907.121842.jpg

Reactions: Lee SK

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TimCJWolfe