Dual Battery Mod

20160207_195548.jpg

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Its the new version. I will measure an old version when I get it in about 10 days. Will be interesting to see if it is equal to the new version

[QU OTE="Kevin M, post: 668385, member: 31348"]LarsR, is that the new phantom model or older version
Thanks, Kevin[/QUOTE]
Its the new version. I will measure an old version when I get it in about 10 days. Will be interesting to see if it is equal to the new version

ok this all makes sense now I just got off the phone with Paul Shaffer He did My install ,I have the older version... he did do meter power testing to and confirmed 100% that the older version is on leg 4 and the newer version is on leg 2

[QU OTE="Kevin M, post: 668385, member: 31348"]LarsR, is that the new phantom model or older version
Thanks, Kevin

ok this all makes sense now I just got off the phone with Paul Shaffer He did My install ,I have the older version... he did do meter power testing to and confirmed 100% that the older version is on leg 4 and the newer version is on leg 2[/QUOTE]
Nice to get it confirmed.
20160207_202718.jpg
its nummbers on the antennas, for those who wonder

Reactions: Kingkamayamaya
I plan on doing battery hack..My problem is I can only get 4000 ft. That is the max distance I am getting. I have tried different areas, and I have know installed the DBS mod, and no change. This is at 300ft. I will lose signal, and go into RTH. Every time I try to go long distance this what happens. I an on 1.5 FW. I like to fly over water but will not try it until I am sure my P3 is solid. [ I know a little off topic.]
I just ordered the bird side mod, but now am worried. And confused on where to connect the antennas. I have older bird. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I plan on doing battery hack..My problem is I can only get 4000 ft. That is the max distance I am getting. I have tried different areas, and I have know installed the DBS mod, and no change. This is at 300ft. I will lose signal, and go into RTH. Every time I try to go long distance this what happens. I an on 1.5 FW. I like to fly over water but will not try it until I am sure my P3 is solid. [ I know a little off topic.]
I just ordered the bird side mod, but now am worried. And confused on where to connect the antennas. I have older bird. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Have u tried to unlock all 32 channels?

I'm sending my bird back to Tony he did the air side video amp to begin with so I'm just going to have him put it back the way it was before . I was getting over 21k ft from my backyard in a congested area with just the dbs antenna mod . I'm so frustrated with this right now I just wanted it back the way it was before . I'm sure tony will make it right .

[ QU OTE
=,"phantom13flyer, post: 668984, member: 26537"]I'm sending my bird back to Tony he did the air side video amp to begin with so I'm just going to have him put it back the way it was before . I was getting over 21k ft from my backyard in a congested area with just the dbs antenna mod . I'm so frustrated with this right now I just wanted it back the way it was before . I'm sure tony will make it right .[/QUOTE]

I don't blame you I'm doing the same thing I am NOT getting nowhere with this side Amp mod, I just flew and I'm not getting over 1.2 miles where I used to get 3 miles
it's now proven it does not work!!!!!!
Kevin

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Was 14763ft out while I sat in the couch yesterday with full signal. My power meter showed strong increases. Also made ground tests which show great improvement of the signal.
But if it's worth it is another question . range is good anyway

Last edited:
6.26km out, sat inside workshop/garage, ipad->airplay->tv, full signals. Air side booster, fpvlr v2 antenna with 1x2.5w amp on rc-side. Had to turn back because no batterymods done yet. New version p3p, using N2 for birdside antenna/amp. EU-mode.

TBH, i dont think there is powerful enough battery mod to out-range this kit.

Here is mine with 2 1800mah lipos. I replaced the shell last night and this gave me an excuse to just to it already. I soldered leads to the mainboard to an xt60 parallel conector. Also added a rpsma to ufl to replace the stock 2.4ghz antenna in the right leg using a circular polarized antenna in its place. First off it flies like the extra batteries are not even there. In face when I full throttled straight up it took off so fast I thought I goofed and wired it in series by mistake :) Brought it back down due to heavy wind. But yeah it flies awesome. I will get a duration flight tonight and see what happens.

How many mins you get with these, i believe those are 167gr hyperion g6 60c li-hv packs? Trying to figure which way to go, don't want too much weight but trying to be ~30mins mark.

I think we need FPVLR to chime in. We need answers on where the proper antennas are.

""phantompilots.com is all paid by DBS they gave free dbs kits to all admins and they banned me from there""

>>>MOD Edit<<< .... you almost got some of that right.
You're not banned - yet ... but you have a little while to think about things before you can come back.

Just to clarify, in case anyone took that rulppa seriously ... he has no idea what he's talking about.

Reactions: phantom13flyer

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94