Dual Battery Mod

Yes I agree 28/30 fly time with 2400 I will be happy with that too.sometimes we need to draw a line in the sand.

So I have tested two more batteries, which I hoped would be better than the Hyperion G6 2400 (I get almost 30 minutes with normal flying).
The 2700 mAh Thunder Power TP2700-4SP+25 25/50C x2 and 2000 mAh Thunder Power TP2000-4SPL x2. These are normal LiPOs, but very expensive (the last one is $110 apiece, but very light). Unfortunately, they perform worse than the Hyperions. See my doc at DJI Phantom 3 Professional battery comparison sheet - Google Sheets
The 2700s get 26:27 in hovering whhile the 2000s only get 23:10. They are very light (just 164 grams), but don't perform that well.

These are hovering figures; in flight you get more, that's why I got about 29:30 with the G6 2400s recently. In flight the G6 2400s perform better than the G6 2700s, probably because the heavier 2700s make the motors overloaded during movement.

So I have tested two more batteries, which I hoped would be better than the Hyperion G6 2400 (I get almost 30 minutes with normal flying).
The 2700 mAh Thunder Power TP2700-4SP+25 25/50C x2 and 2000 mAh Thunder Power TP2000-4SPL x2. These are normal LiPOs, but very expensive (the last one is $110 apiece, but very light). Unfortunately, they perform worse than the Hyperions. See my doc at DJI Phantom 3 Professional battery comparison sheet - Google Sheets
The 2700s get 26:27 in hovering whhile the 2000s only get 23:10. They are very light (just 164 grams), but don't perform that well.

These are hovering figures; in flight you get more, that's why I got about 29:30 with the G6 2400s recently. In flight the G6 2400s perform better than the G6 2700s, probably because the heavier 2700s make the motors overloaded during movement.
So u r saying that you get more flight time when flying around vs just hovering? On all my birds I get a lot more flight time just hovering compared to flying around

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So u r saying that you get more flight time when flying around vs just hovering? On all my birds I get a lot more flight time just hovering compared to flying around
Hovering uses more power than just flying normally. There are a few discussions about that - just use the search function.

Hello unknown caller claiming 32 mins with venom fly HV 2300,and probably down to 2%..great info thanx for the testing..

Hello unknown caller claiming 32 mins with venom fly HV 2300,and probably down to 2%..great info thanx for the testing..
The Venoms supposedly weigh 222 grams. The Hyperions 2400 only weigh 210 grams. So the Hyperions have more power and are lighter. It would be very odd that he gets 32 minutes out of them. But of course that's to 2%. I get about 29:30-30 minutes to 10% with the Hyperions. Still, it's possible, maybe they are higher quality. Something to try soon :)
Do you have the link or the message where he states that?

Hello fredz I seem to be having a problem with my hyper ions.showing signs of puffing.can you offer some insight.i am flying in -6,7,8c with p3 V1.also have the nanotech they show no signs of puffing.
That's odd. Whenever I don't fly for more than 2 days, I discharge them to "storage" using my charger though. I had 2 puffed Hyperions when I didn't do that after 7-10 days. Returned them.

Reactions: Silverwingflinx
The Venoms supposedly weigh 222 grams. The Hyperions 2400 only weigh 210 grams. So the Hyperions have more power and are lighter. It would be very odd that he gets 32 minutes out of them. But of course that's to 2%. I get about 29:30-30 minutes to 10% with the Hyperions. Still, it's possible, maybe they are higher quality. Something to try soon :)
Do you have the link or the message where he states that?
Yes here on this post he has the long distance record he posted his flight log.8.25 miles 32 mins..

Yes here on this post he has the long distance record he posted his flight log.8.25 miles 32 mins..
Can't find this post. The distance doesn't really matter; it's the flight time and battery used. Can you find the post?

I just am baffled how hovering in one spot can possibly use more power than flying around...this is the 1st I've heard of this and I just don't get how it is possible no matter how many threads there are on it...I dunno

I just am baffled how hovering in one spot can possibly use more power than flying around...this is the 1st I've heard of this and I just don't get how it is possible no matter how many threads there are on it...I dunno
HeliFreak - View Single Post - Does Hovering use more battery??
Hovering, especially out of ground effect, takes more power than almost any other flight regime. An out of ground effect hover with a right piro (in our models) will take the most power since the TR is having to not only compensate for torque, but overcome it as well.
*ANY* lateral movement of air across the rotor disc will increase the disc's efficiency due to (as was mentioned previously) translational lift. That lateral movement can be caused by wind, movement of the helicopter itself or a combination of both.

And there are more sites explaining it.

So do you believe it? o_O
Honestly...no.
maybe if it was flying at a steady 5mph in a straight line with no altitude changes it would be true. For me and my phantoms, any increase in altitude and fast forward flying eats up the battery in no time, but hovering it lasts for a few minutes longer. No point in arguing about it tho

The theory of it does make sense tho so I think it depends on the pilot/bird...I think...lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nwbailey