Drop in price?

I am holding off until March 20 or so. If no P5 is announced by then, I will go ahead and buy the P4P as I have a photo expedition planned 7-8 weeks after that.
At some point, DJI will start offering the promotion of a free extra P4P battery included in the $1499 P4P price (extra battery bundle). That's been the pattern for all prior Phantoms after release, including the P4. That's essentially the same as the P4P for $1320. Only holdup has been the shortage of P4P batteries in the supply chain (Best Buy still does not carry the P4P battery), and the plethora of compatible P4 batteries DJI still needs to unload, after cancelling production of the P4. :cool:

$1474 today on Amazon! What a great investment the $1321 price was! This is like day trading! :p "Usually ships within 2 to 4 weeks." Must have cleaned out the pipeline, too! :D

IMG_7874.PNG

Last edited:
I just bought the P4P from Amazon for the $1320.50 price. I bought it from the "sold by Amazon" however are they not an authorized resaler? I couldn't find them on the DJI dealer page. Thanks!

I just bought the P4P from Amazon for the $1320.50 price. I bought it from the "sold by Amazon" however are they not an authorized resaler? I couldn't find them on the DJI dealer page. Thanks!
I believe Amazon itself, if sold and shipped by Amazon, is an authorized DJI dealer. The DJI dealer page is incomplete. If not, you still have 30 days from receipt to investigate and return it to Amazon. DJI direct only gives you 7 days.

Amazon price now is $1399! $75 change in less than 12 hours! This a volatile stock! ;)

Reactions: Davidnclearlaketx
Amazon price is now back up to $1474!
They can't seem to make up their minds! :rolleyes:
  • "Back-ordered. Due in stock March 9 -- order now to reserve yours!"

Just for the heck of it I looked at Amazon and as of Sunday 3/5/2017 they list the P4P for $1429 and the P4P+ for $1719.
Not sure what B & H and some of the other vendors are slightly lowering their prices or not.
So a little over two months ago I paid $1799 for my P4P+ but B&H did throw in a 64GB micro SDXC card that was fast enough(class 10/UHS1 Lexar 633x) but I used my SanDisk extreme I already had (128GB).
Guess we'll see if they keep dropping prices. Maybe the non + no screen controller will come down in price since it would be nice to have both.
:)

Just for the heck of it I looked at Amazon and as of Sunday 3/5/2017 they list the P4P for $1429 and the P4P+ for $1719.
Not sure what B & H and some of the other vendors are slightly lowering their prices or not.
So a little over two months ago I paid $1799 for my P4P+ but B&H did throw in a 64GB micro SDXC card that was fast enough(class 10/UHS1 Lexar 633x) but I used my SanDisk extreme I already had (128GB).
Guess we'll see if they keep dropping prices. Maybe the non + no screen controller will come down in price since it would be nice to have both.
:)
Actually, the Amazon price is now $1407.63 for sold and shipped by Amazon
Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 4 PRO Professional Drone, Hobby RC Quadcopter & Multirotor, White, CP.PT.000488 : Camera & Photo

Drone price day trading! :D
Amazon doesn't always bring up the lowest price. It brought up the P4P price you quoted, but it wasn't sold and shipped by Amazon. I had to add one of the other listed purchase options to my cart first, and then backtrack to that link to find the lower price for sold and shipped by Amazon. They are tricky! :eek:

DJI is definitely making bank! Cost of goods sold probably is in the $300 range! Nice gig, if you can get it! Unfortunately, they are privately owned, and we can't buy their stock on Wall Street! They are the Apple of drones!

Look...you either purchase a brand new generation model on launch to ensure you get the newest DJI drone out there, but risk all the usual teething problems with DJI or wait a few months risking the shame of having a potential old generation sooner, but a much more reliable craft ( which is what I would and always do).

Look...you either purchase a brand new generation model on launch to ensure you get the newest DJI drone out there, but risk all the usual teething problems with DJI or wait a few months risking the shame of having a potential old generation sooner, but a much more reliable craft ( which is what I would and always do).

People arrive at decisions differently. To me, the question (I am a photographer first) are: Is the camera/sensor in P5 a significant upgrade over the P4P? If yes, I am willing to risk the teething problems. If no, I'll go with the P4P.

P5??? Sheesh the P4P just came out and you are waiting for a P5? This thread is getting to be a joke!

As someone with an upcoming photo expedition in about 2 months, I can wait until the end of this month to make my purchase. If the P5 is announced by then, great. I'll have a decision choice. If not, the P4P will do.

Is that sufficiently clear or should I slow down?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor