Drones are annoying

Reaction score
I know what you're thinking "what?!? How dare him!" Bare with me....

I've been asking myself this question recently: If I didn't own a drone, would I be annoyed if I routinely saw one buzzing around my neighborhood, flying over my lake filming boats and seemingly "always being around" when it's a nice day or when I'm outside relaxing with my family on a nice evening?

After some thought and self reflection, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I would be annoyed. Drones are annoying. They are cool to fly but if I'm not flying it, I don't want one buzzing around me, over my house, or orbiting near me and my wife/kids on the boat.

I suspect if others were honest with themselves they would come to the same conclusion.

Here's the thing, I'm not a big drone film adventurer who packs up my P3 and heads out to capture scenic views of whatever. So, I tend to fly where it's convenient, near my house. I imagine a lot of other folks on here do too.

After the novelty of seeing "one of those drone thingys" buzzing around, I suspect a majority of people in my neighborhood and on my lake are probably sick and tired of seeing/hearing it by now. Nobody has ever said anything or complained but I am beginning to get a little self conscious about flying it more than a few times a month.

No, I wouldn't be annoyed at all. The buzzing is more or less negligible at couple hundred feet. And knowing what the drone can see, from even hundred feet, it wouldn't bother me In the least if it flew over my house. Why would I care?

It comes down to common sense. This topic comes up often here, especially when the discussion involves the "legality" of flying over residential neighborhoods.

It's not illegal to own dogs or ride skateboards either. But many parks ban them, especially during large events.

If your dog barks loudly outdoors every night when people are asleep, you'd get a lot of complaints, too.

So, I agree with you, these drones are noisy and can be dangerous when flown over groups of people.

We need to balance our "right" to fly them and take pretty pictures against other folks' rights to enjoy their environment, too.

garbage trucks at 5 am police sirens jets flying over if a drone bothers any one then they just have a problem and should put cotton in there ears

Reactions: jskdog
Although I tend to agree with 0DRK3T, I live in a resort area where very loud private aircraft fly overhead all summer long. I accept that without blinking. Perhaps because people are inside them they have a more legitimate "right" to make noise/invade the sky, but our drones are proportionately less of an intervention. Still, prudent use is certainly wise.

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
I'm more annoyed at neighbors powerwashing the driveway for 8 hours[emoji23]. There so much noise in a busy neighborhood in the summer time with lawn mowers, edgers, people playing the radios while washing there car, kids running the street playing with there friends yelling and screaming, that a little buzzing sound 200 ft up is nothing in my opinion...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I see his point. If I'm sitting down on the dock at the lake at night fishing and listening to tunes and suddenly there's a fly-by, I may get annoyed. In my eyes, there's a time and place for everything. But to be honest, it may take a little bit more than just that to annoy me. But the average "non-droning" folk? Yeah, I can see it being annoying.

Oh, please don't forget the dam basket ball hoops they put out on the STREET, from 8am, bang bang bang bang baaaaaaaanggg, all day long, don't even move out of the way for cars, there are many many many more annoying things and people than a drone.
Why don't you guys think about that, when was the last time, you the OP, cared about the above example?

Why is it that drones, for some people are such an annoyance, privacy scares, "going to kill somebody" scares, etc etc, When there are far worse things out there? No body gives a ...... If some one is videoing with Tele photo lens in a public park but as soon as they see a drone, oh my god, we have no right to privacy (even though, they really don't in a public place) oh he is a perv, get him tarred and feathered, throw him out, shoot the drone, oh for the love of humanity, shoot the drone!!!

...... Amazing

Reactions: NRJ
Yet to hear or see another drone in this area.

I won't fly in my neighborhood, or over anyone else's neighborhood. I take the P3 to places that
are 'scenic', and not in populated areas. I fly 3 sorties (3 batteries) and I rarely return, because I have pictures/video of it.
I practice at a park that has about 6 soccer fields and 4 baseball fields, so I can find a spot that won't
irritate others.

So, YES I do see how drones can be annoying, and I try to avoid being annoying. I've never had an angry
person approach me. Most of my encounters were generally agreeable, and I've taken pictures of folks and
e-mailed them the pics... and showed it off mostly. So playing 'nice' seems to have payed off.

I don't think someone else's drone would bother me though. I understand and appreciate the hobby, so
I'd be pretty cool about it... as long as they were.

I'm more annoyed at neighbors powerwashing the driveway for 8 hours[emoji23]. There so much noise in a busy neighborhood in the summer time with lawn mowers, edgers, people playing the radios while washing there car, kids running the street playing with there friends yelling and screaming, that a little buzzing sound 200 ft up is nothing in my opinion...

+1
in my village there's a tractor refurbishing company that makes noise all day long and people here have gotten used to it, and if it's not that then somebody is cutting grass making more noise than my quad,I don't think at anytime during the day that it's quiet here so my p3p 200ft+ isn't going to make any difference, I try not to interfere with anybody so get it out over the fields out of the way as soon as possible,

I do sometimes fly up and away from my garden but it's only a couple of 100 mts to walk to get to the end of the village so that's where I go now,

Reactions: pomonabill220
I know what you're thinking "what?!? How dare him!" Bare with me....

I've been asking myself this question recently: If I didn't own a drone, would I be annoyed if I routinely saw one buzzing around my neighborhood, flying over my lake filming boats and seemingly "always being around" when it's a nice day or when I'm outside relaxing with my family on a nice evening?

After some thought and self reflection, I've come to the conclusion that yes, I would be annoyed. Drones are annoying. They are cool to fly but if I'm not flying it, I don't want one buzzing around me, over my house, or orbiting near me and my wife/kids on the boat.

I suspect if others were honest with themselves they would come to the same conclusion.

Here's the thing, I'm not a big drone film adventurer who packs up my P3 and heads out to capture scenic views of whatever. So, I tend to fly where it's convenient, near my house. I imagine a lot of other folks on here do too.

After the novelty of seeing "one of those drone thingys" buzzing around, I suspect a majority of people in my neighborhood and on my lake are probably sick and tired of seeing/hearing it by now. Nobody has ever said anything or complained but I am beginning to get a little self conscious about flying it more than a few times a month.
i would be more annoyed at the cars going by, those make more noise

Reactions: flpholt
I get more annoyed at people be annoyed about a drone

I think some of the people on here maybe shouldn't own drones cause there so dang loud and annoying...[emoji33]

I think some of the people on here maybe shouldn't own drones cause there so dang loud and annoying...[emoji33]

+1

I think basketball hoops in neighborhoods should be banned, I think loud Harleys should be banned(i'm a biker myself), atv is banned but people still ride around the neighborhood, I think leggins, pajamas and belly shirts should be banned in Wal-Mart, on some!!!!

people that don't bath and go out in public also should be banned

Reactions: ray rokni
I don't fly in my neighborhood. I tend to fly in green spaces. That being said, I am sick of hearing my neighbors crotch rockets speeding up & down my residential street.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka