Drones are annoying

This was an interesting post for me. I too was thinking this the other day. The way I see it. If someone was flying a Drone into my backyard then I would be annoyed. Because it is invading my privacy. I have a phantom 4 and all sorts of other aircraft and drones. I would never fly in a built up area. I have flone the drone from my back yard once or twice but not above 8 meters and for a short period of time. So it does not upset anyone. I fly mostly at my local park. A few weeks back four sets of people approached me and asked me all sorts of questions about the drone. Three of four were perfectly nice and charming. The fourth just said to me. "There will be a lot of dog walkers here in a minute!" In a sharp voice. I answered ok thank you for letting me know. Whether she was annoyed (I think so) or being helpful. But as someone mentioned above similarly. There was someone using their lawnmower which was making more noise that my Phantom was ! So what is the big deal. I think it's the distrust that people have with them and their operators. Like I said most people I have come across are very interested and I always take the time to be friendly and answer any questions they may have. But if someone (and I am sure it will happen soon) asks me to land the aircraft because they are not happy. Then I would land if straight away and speak to them about the issue. There is no point arguing with someone, it's just fuel to the fire. If we can all put on a brave face and get over some of the aholes that we will inevitability meet. Then we can make this activity safe, fun and interesting to those who think bad of the drone community or just simply drones.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: 0DRK3RT
I pay enough taxes so I due fly in my neighborhood most all of the people like it except for one lady that said not to fly over her house but wont tell me where its at so who cares

More often than not, I fly in a beach location. No one seems to give whatever I'm flying at the moment more than a glance. A lot of people wave! In all the time I've been flying at this location, only once did a dude give me a look like I had pissed in his Corn Flakes as I was walking back home with the drone. A guy at another house nearby has an Inspire and he's buzzed me a couple of times as I was flying, but it looked and felt more like "play" than "aggro." In all, it doesn't bother me at all as long as they don't do stupid sh-er-stuff.

Last edited:
Some of these responses are classic. Sandman cryptically told me to sell my drone for having a little self awareness. His internet best friend Pumpkin-head chimes in with 5 posts of bad jokes with F- grammar/spelling. Finally, Ray-Ray tells us (in 2 separate posts) that he hates basketball and has no clue why people hate drones.

Too funny.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Some of these responses are classic. Sandman cryptically told me to sell my drone for having a little self awareness. His internet best friend Pumpkin-head chimes in with 5 posts of bad jokes with F- grammar/spelling. Finally, Ray-Ray tells us (in 2 separate posts) that he hates basketball and has no clue why people hate drones.

Too funny.

made for a fun thread think up another good one makes more fun

Too funny.

It's the thudding sound of the..... Ball at 8am that gets on my nerves,
I have nightmares, thud, thud, thud, thud,..... And they never get it in the **** hoop, thud, thud.......

Reactions: 0DRK3RT

Too funny.

[emoji867][emoji38][emoji23][emoji23]

You two must fly in the same trailer park.

make sure to wave as I fly over yours

Oh, another thing that's annoying,: a phantom with ......... FLOATS on the landing gear! Why people why? As if the " greased rock" aerodynamics of the phantom wasn't enough, now let's make it even worse so that if it falls from the heavens, it will land right way up gently on the floats and all will be saved. Or let's attach the new craze "getter" or whatever it's called, so that when it sinks it will then float to the surface so you can spend more money trying to fix the "greased rock"
My Tourette is kicking in, better go now

Oh, another thing that's annoying,: a phantom with ......... FLOATS on the landing gear! Why people why? As if the " greased rock" aerodynamics of the phantom wasn't enough, now let's make it even worse so that if it falls from the heavens, it will land right way up gently on the floats and all will be saved. Or let's attach the new craze "getter" or whatever it's called, so that when it sinks it will then float to the surface so you can spend more money trying to fix the "greased rock"
My Tourette is kicking in, better go now
you left out the parachute

yep

You two must fly in the same trailer park.

Go back to bed grandpa, it's past your bedtime[emoji12]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: flpholt
OH, ...... IT, let's just attach everything to it, lights, parachute, floats, kitchen sink and then blame somebody when it gets 500 feet range before we gotta come back cause THE BATTERY IS AT 15%.
plus a mini fridge why not

Oh, another thing that's annoying,: a phantom with ......... FLOATS on the landing gear! Why people why? As if the " greased rock" aerodynamics of the phantom wasn't enough, now let's make it even worse so that if it falls from the heavens, it will land right way up gently on the floats and all will be saved.

Couldn't agree more.

build a basement
upload_2016-6-7_21-6-59.png

Reactions: ray rokni

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers