Drone Umbrella

Would you want a Drone Umbrella?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
Seems to protect everywhere but where it counts most, motors and vents. ;-)
Anyway, Colors are in a wide variety.
image.jpeg

RedHotPoker

Reactions: N017RW
Plus the umbrella method/concept, has already been tried. I posted this vid, several weeks ago..

RedHotPoker

Mate what are these called and where can I purchase them (ebay preferably as I'm in Australia)

Out Droning Photography
--------------------------
• Instagram: @out_droning
• Facebook.com/outdroningphotography

Eh yeah, here's the supplier...
silicone case for dji phantom 3 professional drone long distance drone, View phantom 3 professional drone, Product Details from Dongguan RHS Home Accessories Factory on Alibaba.com!

eBay:
Silicone Protect Case Cover for DJI Phantom 3 Drone P3 Protective Skin Wrap
I can only give you the Canada link, I get.

RedHotPoker

Last edited:

Thanks bud. Might be a stupid question but, do they decrease flight time or do they do anything else that negatively impacts on the drones performance I should know of before I purchase one?

Out Droning Photography
--------------------------
• Instagram: @out_droning
• Facebook.com/outdroningphotography

Sorry, but I have no personal experience flying or using a silicone case on my Phantom 3 Pro'. The only thought I would share is that any extra weight onboard, will most Definately shorten your flight time. How much less time, will also depend on and how hard you are going to push your drone in flight. I fly with Lume Cubes attached to my landing skids, and they weigh about 9 ounces combined. I still get 20mins of normal flight. Those silicone covers weigh far less, so I'm sure any disadvantage would be negligible.
If you should get yourself a silicone case, please report back your findings and thoughts.
What color interests you?

RedHotPoker

Hi,

I have a DJI Inspire 1 and I want to create a drone umbrella. I will be flying it in the rain.

I wanted your opinion about it. I am concerned about the drag and the stability of the drone once I attach the umbrella. It would act as a sail.

If I were considering such an action I would investigate the prevalence of bumbershoots on helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft. I believe the prevalence is somewhere around zero. A good friend of mine is a command pilot in an RAF AWACS. He could explain the implications to you.
RAF AWACS.JPEG

Hi,

I have a DJI Inspire 1 and I want to create a drone umbrella. I will be flying it in the rain.

I wanted your opinion about it. I am concerned about the drag and the stability of the drone once I attach the umbrella. It would act as a sail.
Extremely bad idea I thought a flag flying around a party and it freaked out I had t grab it out of control and it went nuts in the seconds it takes to shut down and ended up swinging it around by the flag till it quit never ever ata h anything not to mention the Interferance it will cause please don't risk you or ur bird

If you cover the drone up - It will be overheatet due to the lack of ventilation - If the ventilation still works, the aircraft will get too much moist in the electronics from the rain = High Crash Risk!

That's my opinion.

Good one HAHA
If you have Real Flight 6.5 or later, you can download the Curtis Youngblood Stingray collective pitch drone to fly, yourself.

RedHotPoker

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl