Would you want a Drone Umbrella?

• Yes

Votes: 11 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 26 70.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a DJI Inspire 1 and I want to create a drone umbrella. I will be flying it in the rain.

I wanted your opinion about it. I am concerned about the drag and the stability of the drone once I attach the umbrella. It would act as a sail.

To be honest, I think the drag would drastically reduce your flight times and stability/movement as it'll act as a parachute so to speak. I have no evidence to support this theory, just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

can see it going real bad fast wouldn't fly in the rain not smart

Yepper a big sail and water coming down the sail would be sucked in because the air going true the props has the come from some wear. I don't think this will fly but I must say I admire your determination to fly no matter what the weather is. But being grounded is part of the game.

Hi,

I have a DJI Inspire 1 and I want to create a drone umbrella. I will be flying it in the rain.

I wanted your opinion about it. I am concerned about the drag and the stability of the drone once I attach the umbrella. It would act as a sail.

Reactions: 185EZ
Q. How far will an upside down Phantom fly.
A. All the way to the scene of the crash.

Good luck

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Doink and flpholt
I was imagining a rubber cover not dissimilar to a water proof phone cover that would easily slip over the drone. Imagine sometingnlike that would be less drag and fairly light weight.

I was imagining a rubber cover not dissimilar to a water proof phone cover that would easily slip over the drone. Imagine sometingnlike that would be less drag and fairly light weight.
IMG-20160810-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20160810-WA0000.jpeg

Like this you mean

Reactions: sjp0eqt
The only problem I have had flying in what little rain I have is when it gets on the lens and it also made my gimbal quiver .

Reactions: flpholt
Hmmm, maybe I should get out in front and register the domain "dronecondoms.om"?!

NoCo Drones

Reactions: 185EZ and flpholt
Is that a silicone slip on? Wouldn't mind getting one of those to try out. I have the aluminum reinforcements under the motors on the shell. Wonder if it would fit with those on.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Yes it's silicone, bought from amazon US but shipped from China, weighs 125g and is very well made, fits a treat, it was a bit of a fiddle stretching each end over the motor spindle and it did at times look like the spindle would puncture the silicone but it held out, there is a circular area underneath leaving the 4 motor bolts exposed so I'd expect it to still fit with reinforcements in place

Attachments

• 20160818_163145.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 416

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik