Drone is drifting.... HELP

Reaction score
I browsed quickly in here and didn't see a solution or the exact same description, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question....
I have not flown my Phantom 3 Pro in a few months. I had sent it out to DJI and they replaced the camera control board (I think that's what they replaced). I flew it twice quickly since then which was last November. I recently bought a Mavic and want to sell the Phantom. I arranged a sale, and upon testing it and making sure it was up to date, I found that when I take off and hover, it drifts sideways and sometimes up. It doesn't hold still for long at all whereas my Mavic is rock solid and from what I remember, this one used to be. I have taken the following steps:
  • Calibrated Compass
  • Calibrated IMU
  • Verified up to date firmware
  • rebooted multiple times including after each re-calibration
I really want to sell this, but I cannot in good conscious sell it if it's not operating properly.
Here is a link to a short clim of what it is doing as seen from the drone camera.
Dropbox - Drifting.mp4

I browsed quickly in here and didn't see a solution or the exact same description, so I apologize in advance if this is a repeat question....
I have not flown my Phantom 3 Pro in a few months. I had sent it out to DJI and they replaced the camera control board (I think that's what they replaced). I flew it twice quickly since then which was last November. I recently bought a Mavic and want to sell the Phantom. I arranged a sale, and upon testing it and making sure it was up to date, I found that when I take off and hover, it drifts sideways and sometimes up. It doesn't hold still for long at all whereas my Mavic is rock solid and from what I remember, this one used to be. I have taken the following steps:
  • Calibrated Compass
  • Calibrated IMU
  • Verified up to date firmware
  • rebooted multiple times including after each re-calibration
I really want to sell this, but I cannot in good conscious sell it if it's not operating properly.
Here is a link to a short clim of what it is doing as seen from the drone camera.
Dropbox - Drifting.mp4
I am not familiar with the Phantom 3 Pro, but do you have a Flight Mode switch on the R/C, and if you do, has it been flipped from P to Atti?

You appear to be flying it very close to a metal structure, which may lead to poor GPS reception and possibly bad compass readings. How many satellites was it reporting? Did you try somewhere more out in the open?

If you are in "P" mode and still getting drift, next thing to try is recalibrating the remote control. Although mechanically centered, the sticks maybe sending small control signals to the bird causing an apparent drift.

Reactions: noimage
Thank you. I was in P mode. Tried switching out and back in, same result. I will try the remote calibration.

Thank you. I was in P mode. Tried switching out and back in, same result. I will try the remote calibration.

You could also upload the flight log to Phantom Help. The resulting .csv file will contain the actual stick inputs to the FC, and show whether the sticks are calibrated correctly.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl