Drone Insurance

Do you already have to have a policy with State Farm? Is the drown insurance a rider?

Not with the agent I called in Pgh Pa. it’s just a separate policy to cover my drone. My house and cars are with a different ins. company

Read the policy...definately liability Insurance included. Premium was $75. no deductible

Oh, I did. Personal Articles policy coverage for my drone and related accessories from all perils (damage, loss, etc.) No deductible. No mention of liability coverage. I didn't and wouldn't expect liability coverage for a $60 premium on a stand-alone PAP policy. If you covered your drone as a rider on an existing State Farm policy, that's a completely different story. Would love to see a copy of your policy which states liability coverage.

Last edited:
Reactions: oconnb and Robert P
My local agent said they did not insure drones so u went to Southern Farm Bureau. It is $100 deductible but won’t cover fly always. I filed once when my Phantom 4 flipped inverted and flew into the ground that DJI called pilot error!! They paid right up though I have vehicles, house, tractor and other things insured there also.
Jim
WA5TEF

It covers everything for loss...if fly away or drowning and unrecoverable according to my agent.

Yeah, that's for loss (of the drone). That's not the same as liability coverage for when your drone crashes into someone's house, car, or kid. Ask your agent to quote you "liability coverage" for the drone and let us know what he/she says. Go ahead, we'll wait.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's for loss (of the drone). That's not the same as liability coverage for when your drone crashes into someone's house, car, or kid. Ask your agent to quote you "liability coverage" for the drone and let us know what he/she says. Go ahead, we'll wait.
Regret I don't think everyone who buys insurance understands what they are getting until they actually file a claim. Then they understand.

But let's say it does include liability. The stated value, according to Yottlover, is $700. Regardless of coverage, that's all it's going to pay. So he crashes and is liable (defined as responsible) $700 is the maximum payout. Would barely replace the drone, even a P3S, much less pay someones medical bills.

I do know some personal property policies do carry liability, however, it's tied to another policy.

Just sobyou know the liability rider goes to my home owners insurance. You guys are way to quick to decide on we who post.
Maybe they were quick, however, they were also right. You failed to mention the "other" policy until now. Your posts were misleading at the very least.Thanks for clearing that up.

And by no means do I think anybody was bashing you. Rather I think everyone wanted to be sure you understood what you were getting. When it comes to insurance claims and coverage, you don't want any surprises.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Just sobyou know the liability rider goes to my home owners insurance. You guys are way to quick to decide on we who post.

Thank you for making all if that clear. I could be wrong but, I believe this is the first time you mentioned anything about that coverage being a rider on an existing policy, which makes far more sense than it did initially. Just so you know, since your drone is covered by a rider, if you file a claim for any loss on the drone, that counts again your homeowner's policy, and potentially can increase your homeowners rates. But, then, you probably knew that already.

Reactions: LarBear360
Can't get State Farm anymore in little Fire Prone Paradise CA. I went with AOPA for full coverage, including commercial liability.

Can't get State Farm anymore in little Fire Prone Paradise CA. I went with AOPA for full coverage, including commercial liability.

Sorry to hear that's not available in CA. There might be some other states having that same limitation. For your situation, you might want to investigate the insurance coverage provided by the AMA. It's not State Farm but, there are a number of other benefits for AMA members. It's a pretty good deal for $75/year.

I think AMA insurance only covers you if your flying at one of their fields. Not sure I thought I read that some where on their web site.

I think your right.

I believe they also have a ‘Park Flyer’ policy. Most important is following their Safety Guidelines.

Maybe they were quick, however, they were also right. You failed to mention the "other" policy until now. Your posts were misleading at the very least.Thanks for clearing that up.

And by no means do I think anybody was bashing you. Rather I think everyone wanted to be sure you understood what you were getting. When it comes to insurance claims and coverage, you don't want any surprises.
Perhaps but my original reply was simply to thank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart