Drone Insurance

I think your right.
For anyone interested, here is a link to the AMA 2018 Insurance Summary: http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/InsuranceSummaryMembers.pdf

While I believe the AMA coverage goes beyond occurences at sanctioned events and flying fields, it does not kick in until after your homeowners or other applicable insurance is exhausted. Also, it does not cover commercial operations (paid work) or the drone itself.They do have commercial insurance available through third-party insurance companies.

On an unrelated note, here is the difference between your and you're. These two words sound alike, but mixing up you're vs. your is an embarrassing mistake that is easy to avoid. Your is a possessive adjective and modifies nouns. You're is a contraction of the two words you are.

Do you have to have homeowners insurance with Allstate to get the drone covered or is this a stand alone policy?

The short answer is no, although some S-F agents may tell you otherwise. Contact your local S-F agent and tell them you want to insure your multi-rotor with a Personal Articles Policy (PAP). If they tell you they don't write that kind of policy, or tell you that you have to have an existing policy with S-F, call another agent. The cost is around $60/yr, maybe more, maybe less, depending on where you live. Good luck.

Last edited:
Got my drone insurance from State Farm yesterday. Hopefully my knees will shake a little less when I fly [emoji23]
Only problem is it's only for personal drone use. If u fly under 107 it won't cover u. I tried to insure that way and as soon as they discovered it was commercial use they declined to cover

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingroberto666