Drone Fisherman

dirkclod

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
This might have already put up and if it has mod's delete this .
Check out what this jerk did :eek: Don't know if it was staged or what
but I hadn't seen this till just now .

Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster
Doesn't look too staged to me.

Reactions: dirkclod
Wasn't sure but looks like the Inspire got away !!
Think I might had to go down that pier !!

I don't think the fisherman was right, but if you look at some of the guys other videos (including this one), he clearly doesn't follow the rules. I'm sure he's pissed off a lot of people (another one of a woman).
Also, I can't imagine there are too many places he can fly legally as high as one of his beach videos with the airport no fly zone but I could be wrong...

San Diego beaches are the best in the country. Have to say I did dig the music.

I hadn't looked at any of his other stuff but just found that in a news feed and thought **** :eek:
He did nail the music dead on :)

You better believe I would have taken a trip to the pier! :mad:
Just read through some of the comments on the YouTube page. WOW... I really underestimated just how much and how many ordinary people don't just get pissed but actually go into a rage over ANY kind of quad. I blame a lot of that attitude on the constant and daily negative bombardment of those "evil drones" in all media. To demonstrate just how much of a "hot button" topic this is look at the number of hits on this video in just a few days, 2,777,365! And over 2,000 comments! I think that qualifies as "going viral". Lord help me should I run into an ******* like the fisherman but Lord help the ******* even more cause I might have to go all Matrix on their ***... ;) LOL
7n724zanm3svobm6g.jpg

[Edit] The more comments I read on the YouTube and Fox 5 News site the more and more PO'ed I'm getting. Here's a quote from the fisherman, "I was just trying to make a point. The guy left real quick,” said Burns. So in other words, he sure taught that guy a lesson. And the general sentiment from people commenting on this is "Yeah, I'da done more than hook it, Id'a drug it outta the sky and shoved it up his ***". So the general consensus is becoming that it's okay to take drones out of the sky anytime, anywhere. There needs to be some kind or some type of push back on crap like this. We're expected to follow the letter of the law but it's okay for people who for whatever reason don't like quads to take them out of the sky? Didn't the fisherman violate the law and FAA regs by trying to bring down an aircraft in flight? I know that might sound like a stretch but so is requiring us to get a pilots license to get paying work with a quad. I think I'm having a hard time letting go of this one not only because of the video but because of all the stupid, outrageous comments about it.

[Another Edit, :D] While reading through the thousands of comments from people regarding this video I ran across one that was spot on! Someone pointed out something in the video that I hadn't seen or noticed before. Check out the guy in the red shirt standing to the right of the "******* fisherman". See what he has strapped to his hat? Yup, it's a GoPro! Now quoting fisherman Burns he says, "hopes more drone operators will understand and respect people’s privacy, even if it is just enjoying a lazy afternoon fishing." Well now that we have someone wearing a GoPro standing RIGHT NEXT to this ******* his argument falls flat on it's face! Why then didn't he rip the GoPro off that guy's head if he truly wanted his "privacy respected" (even though he was in a public place with no expectation of privacy). I'm just speculating but I'd have to say because he knows he'd get his *** kicked.
:mad::mad::mad:
BOT

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl