Downgrading P3P back to 1.6.0040

They didnt lol

So where was the confusion ?? What has and has not changed with the latest FW ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

So where was the confusion ?? What has and has not changed with the latest FW ?

P3P,

I may be out of turn here because I've decided to stay on 1.4 on both my P3Pros but I've been following these firmware update threads very closely. I've seen this bitrate issue in a few threads. In the latest case, it was established that the file sizes were cut in half. However, after a lot of messing around, testing and then a new downgrade, upgrade and uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go app the problem was resolved. It sounded like a corrupted install not an intentional firmware change.

Jerry

I have not update to the latest firmware. But I have noticed that most of my files are at 60Mbps, I have had a few at 26Mbps.

I have not changed my settings. I never touch it. Been flying. Pictures where second. Just turned video record on a takeoff. Shut of a landing.

P3P,

I may be out of turn here because I've decided to stay on 1.4 on both my P3Pros but I've been following these firmware update threads very closely. I've seen this bitrate issue in a few threads. In the latest case, it was established that the file sizes were cut in half. However, after a lot of messing around, testing and then a new downgrade, upgrade and uninstall and reinstall of the DJI Go app the problem was resolved. It sounded like a corrupted install not an intentional firmware change.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry !!
My p3p shipped with 1.6 so I was screwed from the get go, I'm just wondering if it's worth it for me to dive in with 1.7 or hang back ... I have had once instance where I had compass issues but another Imu calibration and compass calibration fixed that and haven't seen it since.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I just bought a used P3P to replace my P3A. What is the best firmware choice at the moment? My controller is currently at 1.5.70 and my bird is at 1.6.40 I think. When I click on about I get

Version 1.6.40
Remote Controller 1.5.70

I assume the top version is the bird itself? Is it better to leave the controller at 1.5.7? It is a 300B if that matters.
P.S. The nag message says aircraft and remote updates are required. This bird came with no SD card so I cannot look at what was on the old card.

Bump

Bump.... again?

I just bought a used P3P to replace my P3A. What is the best firmware choice at the moment? My controller is currently at 1.5.70 and my bird is at 1.6.40 I think. When I click on about I get

Version 1.6.40
Remote Controller 1.5.70

I assume the top version is the bird itself? Is it better to leave the controller at 1.5.7? It is a 300B if that matters.
P.S. The nag message says aircraft and remote updates are required. This bird came with no SD card so I cannot look at what was on the old card.
Yes, the top one you listed is the AC.
If you update the RC to 1.6, you will then also need to update the AC to 1.8 due to the recent encryption change.

Thank you so much for the info. So it seems to me I should just leave everything at the lower levels. It has been my experience that anytime you add encryption you possibly lose signal easier due to occasional loss of data packets. For example unsecured Wi-Fi it's sometimes easier to stay connected to than highly secured Wi-Fi. Of course, I may be wrong and do not know what the encryption change was. But I have heard people say that their range with suddenly reduced. I have noticed in my own experimentation with different antennas that if you lose handshake for even a moment sometimes it's very hard to get it back. 1 antenna combination I used got me very far but when I lost signal the aircraft was 4 minutes into its RTH before I could get signal reestablished.

I replied on my phone. I now see that you keep lower firmware yourself. I also have an extra 300A controller I bought off Craigslist for $80.00. It has 1.4.30 on it. I wanted it for the "Davinci" chip but honestly have not see a notable difference. I am viewing with a Samsung Note 5 with 5.7" screen if that matters.

P.S. I guess it is helpful to show what your actually working with in your signature so I updated mine.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing