doubt about reaching the Phantom 4 front or back, after testing ...

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a question, I was trying to make a long range with the phantom 4, I got here inside the city 3.3 km, I tried 2 times it did not go beyond that.

in the same place with the phantom 3 advanced I already had gotten 4 km easy.

in the 3rd long range when he lost the signal to 3.2 km, and the drone returned home, he turned back to the front, the signal came back strong, then canceled and continued the long range back, back, going back.

It was then that the drone was 4.5 km without losing the signal, and when I gave 4.5 I came back with it.

I made the 4th long range again, and I tested, when I got to 3km, I turned the drone and went back, when I got in 4km I turned the drone to go straight, lost the signal, he gave back to home when he turned to face me the signal returned.

so I noticed the drone going straight to the destination the signal gets weaker, but if I turn him face to face, going backwards to the path he gets stronger the signal.

Has anyone seen or already tested this? Is it normal for P4 or is this one with this particularity?

And if it's normal because that the strongest signal from the drone antenna comes from the front of it, where are the collision sensors and not the back of the battery?

I think I understand the question. In the legs are the antennas, 2 RX, 2 TX. Front end has one of each, same for the rear end. Although they are advertised as omni directional, there seems to be angles that fall within a signal degradation zone. Next time try flying a set mission with user controlled heading. When out far rotate the drone and watch the signal bars as the strength increases and decreases. Now I'm not sure of the P4 antenna orientation, but my P3P's the antenna wafers are 45 degrees set in each leg. And I have noticed at certain angles to controller, there are definate signal changes.

Reactions: Erised
I think I understand the question. In the legs are the antennas, 2 RX, 2 TX. Front end has one of each, same for the rear end. Although they are advertised as omni directional, there seems to be angles that fall within a signal degradation zone. Next time try flying a set mission with user controlled heading. When out far rotate the drone and watch the signal bars as the strength increases and decreases. Now I'm not sure of the P4 antenna orientation, but my P3P's the antenna wafers are 45 degrees set in each leg. And I have noticed at certain angles to controller, there are definate signal changes.
Grammaton: Nice work. I take it you do translation work for the United Nations in case Aliens attempt to contact Earth? ;)

Did I miss something?.... I was under the assumption... they WERE ALREADY HERE!! (Scary music + laughter).

Bottom line: The distance you flew I consider extreme. A stock transmitter setup sending live video requires stable signal in order to relay the images. At that distance, you are lucky (With Lightbridge magic) to see what you see. Boosting the signal even only on the controller side, you'd see a significant improvement in signal coverage at any angle/orientation.

Grammaton: Nice work. I take it you do translation work for the United Nations in case Aliens attempt to contact Earth? ;)
I am concerned as he translates my text back to his native tongue..... (I have a hard time understanding me in english first time around.)

Same here with my P4, some craft angles will give me stronger signals.

I’m really surprised that someone said your distance was considered extreme??? (4.5 km) I regularly fly several of my DJI Drones 7.24 km with no issues at all stock antennas!!! I do have boosted antenna but don’t even use them unless I have to! Granted most or a lot of my flying is in Texas on open land,(mine),,,
And when in heavy wooded areas I use the boosted antenna , but in my opinion 4.5 km is not far at all.

Most pilots don't live out in the wide open like Texas. With little or no interference. 4.7 km equals almost 3 miles. Anything over 2 miles on average city and or hilly terrain is quite a feat to maintain steady video feed. Yes it can be done but it is not every time with no cutout. Plus there's also the return battery time to consider with long flights/wind. I guess you could call flights of 5-7 miles extreme really, but with a $800+ baby... I call long flights risky.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72