Does your Phantom 3 beep like an alarm clock after upgrade? [Fix in here]

Reaction score
Here is the problem I had-
I put the new 1.4.0010 BIN file on a freshly formatted SD card and fired the P3P up. It beeped and flashed like it normally does for firmware upgrades. I waited until the gimbal light was green, about a half hour later. I then turned off the bird, and turned it back on again.
This time when I powered it on, it sounds like a nasty loud alarm clock. The gimbal light flashes red/green for about 20 min and then goes green but it still is beeping really loud. When I power the bird down, then back up, it still has the alarm clock beeping noise.

Here is the fix I used-
I finally got Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.4.0010 installed and got rid of the alarm clock sounding P3P.

I used a hodgepodge combination of different things I read about on here today. So I am not exactly sure what the root cause was, but here is what I did to get rid of my never ending alarm beeping Phantom.

Removed battery out of phantom for 10 minutes.
Redownloaded the 1.4.0010 zip file from DJI website and unzipped it.
Used a different microSD card.
Reformatted card in the bird, and not on computer. (This was tricky and took a few tries to get. I had to do it immediately after the phantom booted and the app connected to the bird. It seems like it won't work if you wait too long.)
Put new copy of unzipped bin file on the newly formatted card.
Reinstalled battery.
Repowered on Phantom.

It did its alarm clock super loud annoying beeping for 10 minutes with no arm lights blinking as it recovered from a botched firmware upgrade. After the 10 minutes, the gimbal started its D,D,D chime with the red/green LED alternating and the arm lights started flashing. I came back 45 minutes later and the gimbal was solid green. Pulled the SD card out and checked the txt file.
Finally success was seen in the txt file!!!

After I confirmed the firmware upgrade was a success on the bird, I reformatted the card using the GO app. I then test flew it making sure pictures and videos record to the card fine.

Thanks to all that contribute to this forum. Reading bits and pieces on here today, I was able to fix this myself and save it from an 8 week vacation to California. I even contacted DJI today, and they had no idea on how to fix it.

I took the bird out and tested out the new POI features...I gotta say, it's pretty pimp.

Reactions: brigerdrones
This happened to me, too. I accidentally put an SD card into the copter with the old firmware and started it up. I didn't realize it was updating and turned it off. When I turned it on again, it made that alarm clock sound. I read about this in another thread. The solution is simple.

Get an SD card with the correct firmware and put it into the slot. Switch on the drone and put it where the sound does not annoy anyone (I put it into my bathroom and closed the door, still my cat freaked and started to yell at the closed door.... not sure what annoyed me more). It will stop after about 15-20 minutes, and everything will be fine.

Currently stuck with the same situation. Like you, I tried all those steps after doing some searching. Been trying for two nights now to get the upgrade to work. On a freshly in-bird formatted sd card, I place the bin file on it and insert card into the bird. Insert fresh battery and power on to be greeted by the alarm clock sound. No LED's on the arms but I do get a solid green on the gimbal. After several seconds it starts blinking green and then moves to the green / red updating sequence. I've been locking it in my closet so I don't drive my girlfriend crazy but it doesn't seem to stop even after about 20 minutes. When I come back to check on it the gimbal light is solid red (normally indicating a failed update). Power down then pull sd card to read txt file that says failed/aborted, retry, something to that effect. Been through this process at least 6 times with no luck. Any ideas? Am I not letting it do its alarm clock thing long enough with the solid red gimbal light on?

Currently stuck with the same situation. Like you, I tried all those steps after doing some searching. Been trying for two nights now to get the upgrade to work. On a freshly in-bird formatted sd card, I place the bin file on it and insert card into the bird. Insert fresh battery and power on to be greeted by the alarm clock sound. No LED's on the arms but I do get a solid green on the gimbal. After several seconds it starts blinking green and then moves to the green / red updating sequence. I've been locking it in my closet so I don't drive my girlfriend crazy but it doesn't seem to stop even after about 20 minutes. When I come back to check on it the gimbal light is solid red (normally indicating a failed update). Power down then pull sd card to read txt file that says failed/aborted, retry, something to that effect. Been through this process at least 6 times with no luck. Any ideas? Am I not letting it do its alarm clock thing long enough with the solid red gimbal light on?

Hedwig- did you ever get this situation resolved? I'm having the same problem and have tried it several times.

Hedwig- did you ever get this situation resolved? I'm having the same problem and have tried it several times.

Hey savage. Unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to fix it. After multiple attempts over the course of about 5 days, I decided to take it In to the shop I bought it from. Apparently, there are rare cases of the aircraft becoming unable to accept any firmware update or downgrade. It sort of falls into a semi functioning limbo between incomplete firmwares. Luckily the shop I took it to was the same one it was purchased at and they swapped me for a new one taking care of the RMA process for me. If you've followed all the usual remedies with no luck, I'm sorry to say your only option is to contact DJI and have it sent back. I hope it works out well for you.

I am the winner of a DJI Phantom 3 Standard. After attempting a failed upgrade using the DJI App, I was greated by the alarm sound on my next attempt. Now the Wifi from the aircraft doesn't broadcast anymore. I have no way to use the DJI App to connect. Is there any other known way to upgrade the firmware? Is it a brick now?

Common causes of P3 upgrade problems known to me:

1. Incorrect formatted SD card
2. Bad SD card
3. P3P bin file on P3A and vice-versa
4. Incorrect bin file
5. Corrupted bin file
6. Zip file in place of bin file
7. Insufficient space on SD card
8. Upgrading 1.19 FW to 1.4 or higher
9. RC on during AC FW upgrade
10. Insufficient battery charge
11. Stopping AC before completion of upgrade

Common causes of P3 upgrade problems known to me:

1. Incorrect formatted SD card
2. Bad SD card
3. P3P bin file on P3A and vice-versa
4. Incorrect bin file
5. Corrupted bin file
6. Zip file in place of bin file
7. Insufficient space on SD card
8. Upgrading 1.19 FW to 1.4 or higher
9. RC on during AC FW upgrade
10. Insufficient battery charge
11. Stopping AC before completion of upgrade

Thanks for the list. The P3S SD card no longer has a bin file on it. How do I get one on there when the P3S WiFi isn't working?

Thanks for the list. The P3S SD card no longer has a bin file on it. How do I get one on there when the P3S WiFi isn't working?

1. Charge bird battery thoroughly
2. While that is occurring, grab a uSD card, format it (not quick format), do not name it either, use FAT32 formatting
3. While that is occurring, DL this rollback (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin) and when the FAT32 full format of your SD card is done, copy it over to that uSD card.
4. Now go to your bird, Install that fully charged battery and put the uSD card into the camera.
5. Push in and HOLD the WiFi Link button IN and stay that way UNTIL you hear tss-tss-tss-tss-tss constantly (about 30sec to 1 minute) Ignore the Screeching loud alarm and focus on just the perfectly sequenced tss-tss-tss sound.

Ready? HOLD it in and turn on the power.

6. When you hear the tss-tss-tss-tss-tss.. let go of the button and watch the Gimbal mainboard status light. It MUST be now blinking RED-GREEN-RED-GREEN... If not, power off and try again.
7. If after the 3rd try it still won't work, swap sd cards (another make/model/size/etc) and fully format it to FAT32 (no name) put the rollback .bin on it, and try again. Took me 5x - 3uSD Cards and 2 reformats to get it to tss-tss-tss-tss... and then when I let the link button go, flash Red-Green.
8. Once you get 'there', it will still be screeching (but now also flashing Red-Green-Red-Green), take that ridiculously noisy bird it to a basement, garage, deep dark closet or other no-people area, set it on the floor, and let it sit for 30min. At around that time it will make a 'Twee-Dee-Dee' sound and the screeching will stop.

Halfway there :)

9. Let it sit another 15-20 min and the Red-Green light should be solid Green - If not... Start over
10. Solid Green? It worked! Power off and then back on. Then safely test it outdoors.
11. When it all works again THEN you can Upgrade again - but who would want to go thru THAT crap 2x?
...But just in case - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170629/P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin.zip :)

Good luck!

Reactions: laurent
Oh, In case you are wondering.. I don't own one yet, but I am looking. I just happened to be at the right place, at the right time when an $800.00 P3S bird fell out of a tree, and a very distraught owner came running up to claim it. When he saw the totally destroyed gimbal and camera, he was in a really bad place BUT I told him that I could probably fix it IF I could find all the parts I needed. After lots of looking, 3 months and ~ $125.00 of his money it is working again.
Let me know if any of you have totally trashed birds you want to chuck out or sell cheap - maybe I can scrap a decent bird together in my spare time :).
Thanks!

2. While that is occurring, grab a uSD card, format it (not quick format), do not name it either, use FAT32 formatting
3. While that is occurring, DL this rollback (http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/P3C_FW_V01.05.0070.bin) and when the FAT32 full format of your SD card is done, copy it over to that uSD card.
4. Now go to your bird, Install that fully charged battery and put the uSD card into the camera.
5. Push in and HOLD the WiFi Link button IN and stay that way UNTIL you hear tss-tss-tss-tss-tss constantly (about 30sec to 1 minute) Ignore the Screeching loud alarm and focus on just the perfectly sequenced tss-tss-tss sound.

6. When you hear the tss-tss-tss-tss-tss.. let go of the button and watch the Gimbal mainboard status light. It MUST be now blinking RED-GREEN-RED-GREEN... If not, power off and try again.
7. If after the 3rd try it still won't work, swap sd cards (another make/model/size/etc) and fully format it to FAT32 (no name) put the rollback .bin on it, and try again. Took me 5x - 3uSD Cards and 2 reformats to get it to tss-tss-tss-tss... and then when I let the link button go, flash Red-Green.
8. Once you get 'there', it will still be screeching (but now also flashing Red-Green-Red-Green), take that ridiculously noisy bird it to a basement, garage, deep dark closet or other no-people area, set it on the floor, and let it sit for 30min. At around that time it will make a 'Twee-Dee-Dee' sound and the screeching will stop.

9. Let it sit another 15-20 min and the Red-Green light should be solid Green - If not... Start over
10. Solid Green? It worked! Power off and then back on. Then safely test it outdoors.
11. When it all works again THEN you can Upgrade again - but who would want to go thru THAT crap 2x?
...But just in case - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170629/P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin.zip:)

Bonne chance! [/ DEVIS]

11. Quand tout fonctionnera à nouveau, vous pourrez alors effectuer une nouvelle mise à niveau - mais qui voudrait passer par CACHE 2x?
... mais juste au cas où - http://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/phantom_3_standard/20170629/P3C_FW_V01.09.0200.bin.zip:)

Bonne chance! [/ DEVIS]
bonjour, steeve-0
voila je tiens franchement à vous remercier pour toutes ces informations,
je n'y croyais plus, par miracle, votre réponse, après tout à perdre ', j'essais, et ça fonctionne: merci beaucoup. Reste le téléphone et surtout le wifi du synchroniseur: pas simple ça ne veux pas prendre.
merci
laurent
hello, steeve-0

I want to thank you for all this information,

I did not believe, by a miracle, your answer, after all to lose, I try, and it works: thank you very much. Rest the phone and especially the synchronizer wifi: not simple that do not want to take.

thank you

laurent

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl