Does the Upgrade Kit for Zenmuse come pre-installed?

Reaction score
Hello,

I've been looking for an answer to this question, but I couldn't find one so I thought I would come and ask people who are far more knowledgable about the Phantom that I.

As the subject of this post asks, does the Phantom upgrade kit (P330CB-H3-2D) come pre-installed on newer Phantoms or do I still have to buy the upgrade kit and replace the board in my Phantom? The reason I ask is I bought a Phantom awhile back and the throttle/yaw stick was "loose" and you had to keep it in the down position when turning the controller on or it would beep at you (my friend who bought one shortly after I did has the same type of controller.) The Phantom I bought a couple of months ago, though has the throttle stick centered much like the pitch/roll stick. I'm hoping the P330CB-H3-2D upgraded board is already installed in my Phantom--the new style controller kind of made me think DJI might include it in the body. Possibly a stretch, but that was my thinking. :D Any one heard anything about this?

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I appreciate it.

I doubt it. I haven't had the best luck tracking changes made through the different phantom versions but the upgrade kit is most likely a byproduct of designing the phantom vision and is really only needed for gimbal control and video output. I'm probably wrong though, from a manufacturing point of view, the "upgrade board" is probably only a few dollars more and would be worth it to just adsorb the added costs in creating future flexibility across newer units.

I think the weight savings and simplicity is worth it but it would suck if you had to wait for the board to get the gimbal going...

The Phantom I bought a couple of months ago, though has the throttle stick centered much like the pitch/roll stick.
Both sticks on your controller return to the middle position?

Ahh... thanks for the information.

malachor said:
Both sticks on your controller return to the middle position?

Correct. And the controller doesn't beep anymore when the throttle/yaw stick is in anything but the down position.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl