Does DJI LA actually test their 'repairs'?

Reaction score
After ~8 weeks waiting for DJI repair, my 'repaired' P3P was returned last week with an "ESC Status Error"..
One of the ESC's is clearly damaged, and I thought they had replaced it. One of my ESC's doesn't spin as freely as the other 3.
My invoice w/stated repairs (what is CW motor??).
Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules: $8.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro top cover module: $5.00
CW motor: $29.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro Roll-Axis modules: $38.00
Ribbon cable: $14.00
1.5 hrs of repair time at $65 per hour: $98.00
Total: $192.00
Very, very frustrating!!

[Edited]

Got ahold of DJI Support, they gave me an escalated RMA number and sent me a shipping label. Repair take 2, outcome TBD.

In the meantime, I'll use my other P3P.

Last edited:
Mr.Bean dentistry... ;-)

RedHotPoker

After ~8 weeks waiting for DJI repair, my 'repaired' P3P was returned last week with an "ESC Status Error"..
One of the ESC's is clearly damaged, and I thought they had replaced it. One of my ESC's doesn't spin as freely as the other 3.
My invoice w/stated repairs (what is CW motor??).
Phantom 3 adv/pro bottom cover modules: $8.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro top cover module: $5.00
CW motor: $29.00
Phantom 3 adv/pro Roll-Axis modules: $38.00
Ribbon cable: $14.00
1.5 hrs of repair time at $65 per hour: $98.00
Total: $192.00
Very, very frustrating!!

[Edited]

Got ahold of DJI Support, they gave me an escalated RMA number and sent me a shipping label. Repair take 2, outcome TBD.

In the meantime, I'll use my other P3P.
ESC's are spinning now?o_O

Might be like one of those doctors that amputates the wrong arm???
That's what I was thinking also. This time I put a piece of tape on the shell pointing to the ESC that is suspect... It is even chipped. Don't know how they could have missed it.

Well, I just got word that my P3P is repaired (again). They replaced the Motor and Motherboard this time at $0. I'd say they made up for not catching those issues the first time.

Their update (below) this time specified that it was test flown :) An expedited RMA really worked well as it was repaired 8 days after check in.

Dear Mike Sherrill,
Upon inspection of your Phantom we found a motor and central mainboard. The components have been replaced and your Phantom has been updated, test flown, and is fully functional. You should receive a tracking number in a separate email within 1-2 business days.
Thank you for supporting DJI products. If you have any other questions, please contact our support center at 818-235-0789 M-F 9AM-5PM Pacific Time. Thank you and have a nice day!
Sincerely,
DJI Repair Team
The Future of Possible
DJI North America

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart