Does anyone have their new Vision+ yet?

Be kind......only my second day with the P2V+ and only my third takeoff and landing. But I found a large open BORING field finally to practice with no trees to hit. I've never owned anything that flys other than a paper airplane! I'm still learning up and down, right and left.....particularly when the quadcopter is coming toward me and going away. At least I haven't lost it or crashed it....yet. WARNING: BORING BUT SHORT. Flight Training to follow. This thing is pretty awesome!

http://youtu.be/RL5XN7wxNG0

RedRyderMedia said:
Be kind......only my second day with the P2V+ and only my third takeoff and landing. But I found a large open BORING field finally to practice with no trees to hit. I've never owned anything that flys other than a paper airplane! I'm still learning up and down, right and left.....particularly when the quadcopter is coming toward me and going away. At least I haven't lost it or crashed it....yet. WARNING: BORING BUT SHORT. Flight Training to follow. This thing is pretty awesome!

http://youtu.be/0uQqLStl3-s

Nice job and good editing. You learning in the best spot possible.

Very nice!

I know exactly where this field is.. just a block away from my office. As I am also new to flying this looks like the place I will be starting out.

neve12more said:
Very nice!

I know exactly where this field is.. just a block away from my office. As I am also new to flying this looks like the place I will be starting out.

Send me a PM and let's connect.....I'm sure we can learn faster working together.

PixelNinja said:
Hawk Eye said:
Does anyone know of any PC software that does not degrade the video after editing? Pinnacle has no option to save as MP4 with the same codec as the P2V+.

Editing in a "lossless" intermediate codec (ex:AVI) is one way to preserve quality while editing. Then you render at a high quality from there to preserve quality.

Pinnacle does have an option to export h.264 (the codec used by DJI)

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/en345951

Google time.

Thanks PixelNinja! I was researching H.264 on Pinnacles site and should have went directly to AVID. I actually noticed that setting but paid no attention because the H.264 is associated with MPEG2 TS. I am not sure what the "TS" is, but isn't MPEG2 an inferior and outdated format? MPEG2 I believe was associated with H.262? Besides youtube doesn't except MPEG2 or am I missing something? Does Vimeo? Never researched there upload formats.

RedRyder, looks like you used a mount with the claw that comes with the vision. What mount is that and where did you get it?

Jezabel said:
RedRyder, looks like you used a mount with the claw that comes with the vision. What mount is that and where did you get it?

It's really simple, just a 10 minute $1.61 hack for mounting my iPad Air to the DJI Tx, but it seems to work fine.

I cut a standard wire coat hanger and bent the long straight section into a U shape by forming it over the top of a interior house door. I cut both legs of the U to the necessary length and used two short pieces of vacuum hose from a local auto parts store to cover the ends of the wire. Then I slipped a small turnbuckle over the two short sections of hose.

When I'm ready to fly, I open the claw and position my iPad Air in the lower jaw, slip the U under the ball mount of the claw and hook the ends of the U over the top of the iPad. Then just turn the turnbuckle to spread the ends of the U apart. As it spreads, the U tightens to hold the iPad in place.

The turnbuckle allows for easy on and off, and the rubber hose protects the iPad. I have a standard Apple Smart Cover on my iPad and I just open the cover and leave it in place when I fly. No modifications to the Tx or iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 575
my latest vid..and this one is rendered i H2.64 so it is as close as to the original as it gets for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x119LDE ... e=youtu.be

distance on this one when you see the river is right at 2000 ft....i actually lost sight and thought it was one direction and later realized it was a 1300 ft in the other direction....heart was beating fast....at end of the vid the wobbling is from me truing to get the drone down as fast as it would come from 1300 feet high

i saw things in this vid i did not even know about in my neighborhood.

Big Chips said:
my latest vid..and this one is rendered i H2.64 so it is as close as to the original as it gets for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x119LDE ... e=youtu.be

distance on this one when you see the river is right at 2000 ft....i actually lost sight and thought it was one direction and later realized it was a 1300 ft in the other direction....heart was beating fast....at end of the vid the wobbling is from me truing to get the drone down as fast as it would come from 1300 feet high

i saw things in this vid i did not even know about in my neighborhood.

That's a great vid! The stability, clarity and color really are impressive. My wife has watched a few of these vids and things they look great too. How about a parachute recovery just in case? Maybe a model rocket engine to deploy it. :)

Very nice, Big Chips! I really liked the slow pan you did in the early-middle of the vid. Sometimes the pilot will just go too fast but the slow 360's are the best. When watching these I always like to try to find the pilot. The white of the TX is always the easiest to see, which was the case here. I saw that way before I could make-out you. Good job!

+ owners,
Can you guys post some untouched RAW still image files to flicker or dropbox. I would love to see if this is better than the vision 1

Also when I take stills with my phantom the video cuts out for a bit than comes back, is this still a thing with the +?

You mean your taking stills at the same time as when your recording? If so you couldn't do that with the P2V. It was either one or the other.

Venom93corba said:
You mean your taking stills at the same time as when your recording? If so you couldn't do that with the P2V. It was either one or the other.

No I mean when I take a still the FPV feed cuts out for a few seconds. This is annoying and I want to know if the + has the same problem.

ResevorDG said:
No I mean when I take a still the FPV feed cuts out for a few seconds. This is annoying and I want to know if the + has the same problem.

This is the shutter delay inherent in digital cameras. Even though I dont have mine yet, the plus is going to have this also I am pretty sure as the camera is the same as far as its electronics, just packaged differently (the lens and sensor are separate from the rest of the electronics). So while the camera is processing the picture, there is no video available. They just give you a fancy iris graphic while this is happening. I found this that explains it:
http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/unde ... l-cameras/

BlackTracer said:
ResevorDG said:

This is the shutter delay inherent in digital cameras. Even though I dont have mine yet, the plus is going to have this also I am pretty sure as the camera is the same as far as its electronics, just packaged differently (the lens and sensor are separate from the rest of the electronics). So while the camera is processing the picture, there is no video available. They just give you a fancy iris graphic while this is happening. I found this that explains it:
http://www.picturecorrect.com/tips/unde ... l-cameras/

Not really worried about shutter lag. From what I can tell the FC200 has smart lag. meaning it waits for the camera to be as stable as possible before taking the photo.

What I am referring to is how the pfv feed completely disappears for 3-5 seconds. Am I the only one with this problem?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart