Does anyone have an Android Samsung smartphone with which DJI GO works?

Thanks for the input. Please let me/us know if the support have any advice. My thoughts go more and more at Litchi.

I also use Litchi and I have been very happy for two years!
But under Litchi I also have pixelations because Litchi relies as the application DJI GO on the same devices of the DJI firmware for the Phantom 3.
For my part, while continuing to discuss with the DJI Support about the Android version, I am increasingly oriented towards the purchase of the new iPad 9.7 "2017 (under the iOS environment for which the DJI GO application does not cause any pixelation) : in a way, I think to buy this tablet without GSM to dedicate it to my drones, one P3Pro and one P4 Pro.

Reactions: Simzy666
Hi i have the same problem, my samsung tab 7 does not work well with pix4d, what do we have to do? Buy another brand

I've had my P3S since last October and flown with no problems using my Android LG Stylo 2+ phone. Android updated my phone from 6.0 Marshmellow to 7.0 Nougat and it no longer works - DJI Go app crashes in seconds. DJI support says tough - go buy a recommend device. That is not support! Luckily, I had an older LG Stylo 2+ that didn't update and I'm using that. I detect this DJI support and the way it treats customers.

I have a Galaxy Tab S and a Galaxy S 5 phone. I am researching the Litchi app and their site says it will not work with the S 5. So have to use my Tab S. I see a lot of info for S 2 tablets out there; which are smaller, but not the Tab S. Took the case off and It was about an 1/8th of an inch from fitting the stock holder. So I bought an extender and now it works great. I really need a shade so I can see the screen. Terrible glare even in the shade. It's better if I wear a dark shirt. White gives a terrible reflection. Cannot find a shade online. Guess I will try to make one from a Cheerios box cut up!
If anyone knows of a shade to fit my Tab S, please send a link.The screen is 10.5, but the case is smaller. Here are the dimensions:
9.74 x 6.98 x 0.26 inches (247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm). Thanks

Hi i have the same problem, my samsung tab 7 does not work well with pix4d, what do we have to do? Buy another brand

Well my guy, I just said the bottom of my thought: to dedicate to my drones an Apple tablet which does not give the possibility of telephoning and that works with DJI GO and Litchi (the only applications that I will install), hoping that for a few years I will not have compatibility worries.

I've had my P3S since last October and flown with no problems using my Android LG Stylo 2+ phone. Android updated my phone from 6.0 Marshmellow to 7.0 Nougat and it no longer works - DJI Go app crashes in seconds. DJI support says tough - go buy a recommend device. That is not support! Luckily, I had an older LG Stylo 2+ that didn't update and I'm using that. I detect this DJI support and the way it treats customers.

In short you would have problems with DJI GO on your Android LG Stylo 2+ from the moment you would have passed this one on Nougat.
My experience with DJI Support Europe is that they are courteous, that they well convey my observations to their R & D department ... however I guess they would not hesitate to tell me if the smartphone or tablet I use is not compatible.

I have a Galaxy Tab S and a Galaxy S 5 phone. I am researching the Litchi app and their site says it will not work with the S 5. So have to use my Tab S. I see a lot of info for S 2 tablets out there; which are smaller, but not the Tab S. Took the case off and It was about an 1/8th of an inch from fitting the stock holder. So I bought an extender and now it works great. I really need a shade so I can see the screen. Terrible glare even in the shade. It's better if I wear a dark shirt. White gives a terrible reflection. Cannot find a shade online. Guess I will try to make one from a Cheerios box cut up!
If anyone knows of a shade to fit my Tab S, please send a link.The screen is 10.5, but the case is smaller. Here are the dimensions:
9.74 x 6.98 x 0.26 inches (247.3 x 177.3 x 6.6 mm). Thanks

I built my own also for a different phone. As far as the glare goes, try looking for a screen protector that is a 'matte' finish -very non shiney and little glare.

It is necessary to wait more than 20 minutes of connection betwween DJI GO and the drone, so that version 3.1.8 of 05/07/2017 reveals a few bars of pixels in return video!
Same observations with Litchi.
I am going to do a complete test as soon as possible because there is a doubt (favorable): check that there is no local interference (I am next to trees, the wall of the house, metal chairs).
Keep you up to date.

Reactions: Simzy666
Both my Note 4 and now my new S8+ work perfectly, as does my dedicated Tab S 8.1 tablet. I tried out the iPad Mini 4 but sent it back after using the Tab S

I'm really surprised DJI Go works on your S8+. I have the same phone and DJI won't even start. It says it won't run on this screen resolution

I'm really surprised DJI Go works on your S8+. I have the same phone and DJI won't even start. It says it won't run on this screen resolution
I just installed DJI Go (Phantom 3 version) on my S8+ and it started right up. I don't have my drone with me, but I was able to log in and get the screen with the camera button.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy tab A that I use for flying only and so far I havn't had problems and I have the latest updates.

Did you try lowering the screen resolution of your S8+? I'm running mine at the default, which is the FHD+ resolution of 2220x1080. The native resolution is labelled WQHD+ and is 2960x1440. AndroidCentral has a nice article explaining how to set the screen resolution.

Finally!!!!
First time I've used dji go without app crash on android nougat. What I did: latest version and I lowered my resolution than I put my phone in flight mode. Not sure if flight mode has something to do with it but it worked for four battery's :)
P3a with latest FW for AC and RC

The S6, Tab S, and Tab S2 had 6.01, I think they all are 7.0 now. DJI Go version is whatever is current. I always accept updates.

When I updated my LG Stylo 2 from android 6.0 to 7.0, the app crashes constantly. Online chat help from DJI says only use the recommended phones/tablets - mostly Apple. My old LG Stylo 2 wasn't upgrated to 7.0 and works fine.
Crappy customer support from the company dealing with android 7.0

Since the latest version 3.1.5 of April 1, 2017 of "DJI GO for products before P4", I encounter problems of pixelations in video return with my P3 Pro and my Samsung S6 Edge Plus smartphone.
I have never had this problem for two years with this smartphone and previous versions of DJI GO.
Here are the other versions on which the problem was encountered:
- Androïd 6.0.1 on smartphone Samsung S6 Edge Plus
- Litchi: 3.10.7 of 10/04/2017
You can find out if necessary the recent post in which I completely described my experience.
In this post I noted that my P3 Pro works perfectly ("physically") when you pilot it with the last iOS versions of DJI GO and Litchi!
Someone has just let me know that the Samsung S7 works perfectly!
Which would suggest that other smartphones of this manufacturer, under Android, would also work.
Can you confirm, or supplement my information?
Thanks.

Here is a shot in the dark. I have a Samsung Tab S2 9.7". Been flying with it for several years on my P3P.
Try re-instaling all FW using an Apple device like an ipad air 2. I believe that for installing RC FW the DJI Go app on Android may have some problems. Anyway that solved a problem like yours that I had a year ago.

Yesterday I upgraded my P3P, RC, AC, Camera firmware successfully. BUT I used my ipad air 2 and the DJI GO, not my android TAB S2 for the update. All went perfectly. I flew today and everything worked perfectly. I always fly using Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Sorry that I hate Apple)

Here is what I am using:
P3P
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 SM-T810 Android 7.0 (9.7" display)
DJI GO 3.1.8
Litchi 4.0.2
AC 1.11.20
RC 1.9.2

Also check "k9time" post. He is using the same setup.
I hope this helps you.
Joe
KC7GHT

Hello everyone,
I am pleased to inform you that all the problems of display on the screen, which I met on DJI GO and LITCHI, disappeared with the installation of the new firmware dated July 6, 2017 (P3X_FW_V01 .11.0020.bin).
If you use an Android smartphone or tablet, I strongly encourage you to switch to this new version.

When I Installed the new firmware I got the maps back and now I have feet instead if meters.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor