Does anyone have an Android Samsung smartphone with which DJI GO works?

I was using a Motorola Moto G4 Android smartphone for a bit and it worked OK, but it got really flaky and finally just wouldn't connect anymore. I bought a new Samsung Tab A specifically to use with my P3P after assurances from the seller that it was fine for this drone. Again, it worked for a bit, though never reliably connected and I often had to try 5-10 times before it would work. The tablet then started rebooting itself while I was flying and finally, it just quit connecting as well. I have given up and I am now using a borrowed iPad which so far has worked reliably every time. The only problem I have with it is that I use it with a Survivor cover and even with an extender, it doesn't really fit on the controller very well so I have to use rubber bands as well. I may have to shell out for an iPad mini, sadly.

I see a lot of Tab S2 out there, but no TabS 10.1.
I bought the Tab S before the P3A. Resolution is much better to watch GoPro videos, and a great tablet to travel with. Not so good with the P3A though. It comes really close to fitting on the controller without the cover. Just purchased an extension. Hope it works.

Both my Note 4 and now my new S8+ work perfectly, as does my dedicated Tab S 8.1 tablet. I tried out the iPad Mini 4 but sent it back after using the Tab S

Since the latest version 3.1.5 of April 1, 2017 of "DJI GO for products before P4", I encounter problems of pixelations in video return with my P3 Pro and my Samsung S6 Edge Plus smartphone.
I have never had this problem for two years with this smartphone and previous versions of DJI GO.
Here are the other versions on which the problem was encountered:
- Androïd 6.0.1 on smartphone Samsung S6 Edge Plus
- Litchi: 3.10.7 of 10/04/2017
You can find out if necessary the recent post in which I completely described my experience.
In this post I noted that my P3 Pro works perfectly ("physically") when you pilot it with the last iOS versions of DJI GO and Litchi!
Someone has just let me know that the Samsung S7 works perfectly!
Which would suggest that other smartphones of this manufacturer, under Android, would also work.
Can you confirm, or supplement my information?
Thanks.
I have a samsung s6 and when using dji go it crashes constantly and sometimes makes the phone reboot which is scary when in mid flight

hi, this my first post so bear with me, yes i got a samsung galaxy s6 edge plus and i bought a phantom 3 standard on thursday,,, i can confirm that it works no bother at all, been looking on the forums here and elsewhere.. have you tried litchi... its 20 quid from the app store but looks to be better than dji go...youtube it first to see...had a parrot drone before but this phantom has blown me away

cheers sparky

Just bought the Samsung Tab A and all my apps work fine on it, its on Android 6.01, dont think I'm going to update it to Nougat at any time soon

I've tried different version of dji go but non works with my galaxy s7 edge nougat. 10-15 min in flight the app freeze and I have to restart. Crap app

I have a P3A which is being repaired...and no, I did not crash it. Bought it with both controller antennae broken from being jammed in a case. Stress cracks under all four motors. Bought used from a reputable dealer and he is taking care of it. Gave me a new P4 as a loaner. App for P4 crashes. P3A app was okay. Only flew P3A a few times. Same screen problem with both. I cant see the screen with it turned up all the way, even while in the shade. I use a Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab S 9.7. (Since Tab S is too big to fit the holder, I hold it on with rubber bands....it works).
I have a very expensive piece of cereal box cardboard bent to shade the screens. Doesn't really help because of the glare.Even tried not wearing white clothing to cut the glare. I almost always stop my flight because of these problems. Very disappointed. I can only fly watching the drone. I have to see the screen for altitude and of course many other items. Need to see what the camera is seeing too since video and photos are the reason I bought a drone.
I read that I am not the only one with these problems. Maybe we could all use an update on the app. That might keep the app from crashing. Don't know what to do about the glare. I am looking for a shade with sides, but would have to stick with the S5 phone since the Tab S is too large. Sure would like that larger screen!!
Okay....getting down from my soapbox now.......
Did you have to send the controller in to DJI, what did it cost you?

D Greg.. about the glare from the phone..why not get fpv..before my phantom I had a parrot drone that had fpv.it was great no glare...used a gear vr but any good vr headset would probably work...i use google cardboard to stop the gear vr initiating its default software..then I was able to use fee flight pro...for the parrot with the vr part...worked well and could see everything that was going on clearly...so what I'm saying is to get litchi a program that's designed for the phantom..it has vr capabilities..have a wee look on YouTube there's stuff about it on there..

Cheers sparky

I have a samsung s6 and when using dji go it crashes constantly and sometimes makes the phone reboot which is scary when in mid flight

Jove! To crash the P3P: that, it never happened to me on my Samsung s6 Plus.
You must have a hardware problem on your smartphone or software installation (firmware aircraft / radio control and DJI Go).

I've tried different version of dji go but non works with my galaxy s7 edge nougat. 10-15 min in flight the app freeze and I have to restart. Crap app

I'm on 6.0.1
Good to know, if your suspicion about Nougat (Android 7.x) had to be checked. Thank you.

D Greg.. about the glare from the phone..why not get fpv..before my phantom I had a parrot drone that had fpv.it was great no glare...used a gear vr but any good vr headset would probably work...i use google cardboard to stop the gear vr initiating its default software..then I was able to use fee flight pro...for the parrot with the vr part...worked well and could see everything that was going on clearly...so what I'm saying is to get litchi a program that's designed for the phantom..it has vr capabilities..have a wee look on YouTube there's stuff about it on there. Cheers sparky

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I wrote that I use Litchi and that this application (which relies on the DJI firmware and maybe even on DJI Go) undergoes the same pixelations.
It is forbidden in my country to fly in FPV in agglomeration.

I see a lot of Tab S2 out there, but no TabS 10.1.
Just found post i use galaxy tab a 8" and samsung tab a 10/1 (2017 model),,built in glonas and gps,,android litchi and djigo4 and djigo ,no problems here,apart the price

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorge sanchez