Does anyone have an Android Samsung smartphone with which DJI GO works?

Reaction score
Since the latest version 3.1.5 of April 1, 2017 of "DJI GO for products before P4", I encounter problems of pixelations in video return with my P3 Pro and my Samsung S6 Edge Plus smartphone.
I have never had this problem for two years with this smartphone and previous versions of DJI GO.
Here are the other versions on which the problem was encountered:
- Androïd 6.0.1 on smartphone Samsung S6 Edge Plus
- Litchi: 3.10.7 of 10/04/2017
You can find out if necessary the recent post in which I completely described my experience.
In this post I noted that my P3 Pro works perfectly ("physically") when you pilot it with the last iOS versions of DJI GO and Litchi!
Someone has just let me know that the Samsung S7 works perfectly!
Which would suggest that other smartphones of this manufacturer, under Android, would also work.
Can you confirm, or supplement my information?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Galaxy j7- Android 6.0.1 - DJI GO 3.1.5
No problems. Occasionally I get the pixelization like you when I'm in the city and get out near my limit. When I'm in the country it works flawlessly.

Reactions: Beru
Both Galaxy S6 Edge and S8 work fine for me. Tablets Tab S and Tab S3 are fine, Tab S2 needs to be last device turned on.

The S6, Tab S, and Tab S2 had 6.01, I think they all are 7.0 now. DJI Go version is whatever is current. I always accept updates.

For those using the Samsung Tab S, did you buy an extension to make it fit? I presently use rubber bands top and bottom and they work just fine. Just no rapid movements! Hard to see outdoors even with brightness at 100%. So what are your experiences with the Tab S?

I have the S6 Edge Plus on 6.0.1 and the DJI GO for products before P4 3.1.5 with no problems at all. But I just got a P3 Pro on Sunday so I have only had about 10 flights with it.

Posted before...still working.....S7 edge ,Nougat , Dji go 3.1.4. P3a 1.10.90 /rc

Try turning off video cache. It seems to help some.
Also try uninstalling the GO app and all of its folders, cache etc. Then reinstalling.
There is a known issue with many apps and Andriod nougat 7. It is not just DJI GO.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 4 works, though I normally use iPad. More often I use the phone as a hot spot for maps.

Only the S5 works for me even tho I use the ipad mini 4. The s2 tab didn't work and neither did the Samsung tab A oh nor the Asus zen tab worked either.

Try turning off video cache. It seems to help some.
Also try uninstalling the GO app and all of its folders, cache etc. Then reinstalling.
There is a known issue with many apps and Andriod nougat 7. It is not just DJI GO.

Thanks.
I did all this: video cache turned off, uninstall DJI GO, delete all directories Dji.pilot: nothing to do, it does not want to walk like before!

Thanks.
I did all this: video cache turned off, uninstall DJI GO, delete all directories Dji.pilot: nothing to do, it does not want to walk like before!
Try Installing a previous version of Go app... search online for the .apk file ..

I have a P3A which is being repaired...and no, I did not crash it. Bought it with both controller antennae broken from being jammed in a case. Stress cracks under all four motors. Bought used from a reputable dealer and he is taking care of it. Gave me a new P4 as a loaner. App for P4 crashes. P3A app was okay. Only flew P3A a few times. Same screen problem with both. I cant see the screen with it turned up all the way, even while in the shade. I use a Galaxy S5 and Galaxy Tab S 9.7. (Since Tab S is too big to fit the holder, I hold it on with rubber bands....it works).
I have a very expensive piece of cereal box cardboard bent to shade the screens. Doesn't really help because of the glare.Even tried not wearing white clothing to cut the glare. I almost always stop my flight because of these problems. Very disappointed. I can only fly watching the drone. I have to see the screen for altitude and of course many other items. Need to see what the camera is seeing too since video and photos are the reason I bought a drone.
I read that I am not the only one with these problems. Maybe we could all use an update on the app. That might keep the app from crashing. Don't know what to do about the glare. I am looking for a shade with sides, but would have to stick with the S5 phone since the Tab S is too large. Sure would like that larger screen!!
Okay....getting down from my soapbox now.......

Reactions: Simzy666
Try Installing a previous version of Go app... search online for the .apk file ..

Good suggestion, thank you.
I tried the 3.1.4 APK version : there are fewer pixels, but it is very inconvenient to pilot.
The problem must be more "deep": it is the firmware 1.10.0090 that it would be necessary to be able to retrograde, but precisely: it is impossible.
Conclusion: no solution as long as DJI will not release a new corrector firmware ... or you switch to iOS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Simzy666
My P3A with Go App 3.1.5 on Samsung Tab S2, was android 6.0.1 updated to 7.0 with no problem so far

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl