Does anyone have an Android Samsung smartphone with which DJI GO works?

Yesterday I upgraded my P3P, RC, AC, Camera firmware successfully. BUT I used my ipad air 2 and the DJI GO, not my android TAB S2 for the update. All went perfectly. I flew today and everything worked perfectly. I always fly using Litchi with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (Sorry that I hate Apple)

Thank you very much.
After installing the firmware update in the aircraft (via an SDCard), the RC and the aircraft may no longer be linked (red LED is fixed on the RC) and DJI GO can no longer recognize the P3P, it takes it for an Inspire 1!
In this case, you have to enter the DJI GO application (with "Inspire 1" !), go to the bottom of the RC settings window to click on the relinking bar, then insert a pin head into the matching hole of the aircraft :
In the end, after having restarted the RC, the led on the RC will be green again and the P3P will now be recognized by DJI GO.
Apart from this observation, updating the firmware of the RC since DJI GO under Android has never been difficult.
In the end, the About section gives me the same versions numbers installed as yours.
I also hate Apple !

Last edited:
Not met that.
But ... you can put your favorite settings in DJI GO, right?
I couldn't until I installed the latest update then it just automatically appeared.I don't play around in the app but I need it to fly and I mostly leave it alone if it's working.

Galaxy j7- Android 6.0.1 - DJI GO 3.1.5
No problems. Occasionally I get the pixelization like you when I'm in the city and get out near my limit. When I'm in the country it works flawlessly.
Hello. I also have the j7 and the app crashes on me every time I fly my p3se. It always happens at around 50% battery. I'm using the latest version of dji go app. Have you updated as are you still have good app behavior? I had people tell me it might be RAM cuz the j7 only has 1.5g RAM. I wound like to hear your experiance.

Hi I have a Samsung and mine is the same the app crashes constantly I had problems with the s6 now I have a s8 its not as bad but still crashes so I know how you feel

I had Samsung tabA with standard phantom worked ok just , switched to iPad mini 4 and never looked back , no drop outs , runs smooth and works great on my p3 advanced also , only problem is there cost ..

@Staffydog, you can find some tips to make your Android devices run better here.

Hi I have a Samsung and mine is the same the app crashes constantly I had problems with the s6 now I have a s8 its not as bad but still crashes so I know how you feel
S6 with Android 6.0.1 work perfect, with Android 7 nougat dji go crash
Try turning off video cache. It seems to help some.
Also try uninstalling the GO app and all of its folders, cache etc. Then reinstalling.
There is a known issue with many apps and Andriod nougat 7. It is not just DJI GO.

Hello. I also have the j7 and the app crashes on me every time I fly my p3se. It always happens at around 50% battery. I'm using the latest version of dji go app. Have you updated as are you still have good app behavior? I had people tell me it might be RAM cuz the j7 only has 1.5g RAM. I wound like to hear your experiance.

I think the ram is a big part of the problem the s8 has 4GB ram and flies perfect. The galaxy tab 4 I had only had only had 1.5GB ram and it was unusable to fly with. Hope this helps

Sorry I haven't been active lately and just saw your post. I was using the latest version of Android and DJI Go on the J7. I have recently upgraded to a Samsung Tab E 9.6" Tablet running newest versions of Android and Go also.

If you are still having issues I might suggest keeping your Cache cleaned up to ensure you have internal memory available. I was constantly uninstalling apps and clearing Cache to free up memory, perhaps that is why mine ran better.

Hi it is due to the RAM I had the same issue but now I have the Samsung s8 with loads of RAM and now I don't have a problem flying. Dji told me you need at least 2GB of RAM to use the app properly. Hope this helps

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart