Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

DJI..WTF

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Havavision, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Havavision

Not new to DJI.. I have a Vision 2 Vision 2 plus and Phantom 3.. None have had anything close to a hard landing.. My Plus has a issue with the SD card not staying in....DJI send it in....My older Vision 2 Camera won't bind with the app...DJI send it in..Both 6 week turn around.. Ridiculous!! Im afraid to fly my Phantom 3 cause I don't want to hear send it in....Just blowing off some steam......

2. Buckaye

well on the Plus and the vision 2 - you should be able to find authorized repair shops and get it done in a lot less time than sending it to DJI. I mean on those two birds you're out of your warranty aren't you? So why would you bother with DJI's slowness :)

On the Phantom 3 you're gonna have to do what I did and buy two so you know you have a backup :) at least until DJI starts to make replacement parts more readily available.

I certainly don't think you're alone in your frustration though....

3. jlo

jlo

1cZiVjy.png

Jacob and Buckaye like this.
  4. 30secs

Buying 2.. To repair one. Oy

5. Buckaye

yeah not ideal... but more ideal than losing my P3P for 6 weeks :) I haven't crashed yet (knock on wood) - but even the thought of it was enough for me to purchase a second one....

6. John Locke

Interesting, I was just thinking about that scenario. I upgraded from a Q500+ to the P3P, but I think I'm going to keep my Q for backup to get my daily fly-fix, in case I have to send my P in for repair. That's my version of minding my Ps and Qs. Maybe I should have said Binding my P's and Q's.

7. ianwood

ianwood Taco Wrangler
    Staff Member

Are you saying this because you have an issue with your P3 or is it only in anticipation of having a problem? If so, go fly already. :rolleyes:

8. John Locke

Yes, the problem I anticipate is DJI taking 6wks to fix my bird when needed. I'm keeping my Q to fill in when that happens. But my son can fly it too, another reason to keep the Q.

9. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you have any idea what tiny fraction of the total number of Phantom 3s go back to DJI for repair?
    It's not even worth considering.

10. John Locke

No, I have no idea. Have you got some statistics? I just assumed there's quite a few returns with all the newbies getting into the hobby, plus all the cracks people are reporting. Anything can happen. I got attacked by Seagulls last weekend at the beach, I had to take evasive action.

#10 John Locke, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  11. BenDronePilot

You mean you had a Phantom 2 Vision and a Phantom 2 Vision Plus? :p Then after the Vision Plus there's the Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 and now finally we the Phantom 3 :p Sorry I'm a bit of a stickler for peeps getting the names of these right.

If someone says "Phantom Vision 2" That would technically be the Phantom 2 Vision Plus :p which was the second of the Phantom 2 Vision line, and introduced the 3 axis gimbal and improved wifi connection. The Phantom 2 Vision Plus version 3 introduced the improved motors and remote control with the gimbal tilt side knobs and built in battery. I prefer using my Sanyo / Panasonic Eneloop Pro AA's myself so not a big fan of that change.

12. Snapography

You are not the only one with seagull problems :)

13. Snapography

I think the failure rate with the Q500 is quite high. I've just sold mine. I did this review of my experiences

envisionabove likes this.
  14. Havavision

You have way too much time on your hands...Go out and fly!! :)