DJI Vision Android App Update

jwuman said:
[quote="pyrophantom"

That really is sods law m8 !!! Probably not a bad thing to let a few people fly with the 1.0.40 app before you get flying again just incase of more bugs.

Definitely... :)
:?
Bugs in 1.0.40??? I know they're there... Half the fun is tracking 'em down... I'm gonna start looking for them tonight... Shouldn't be hard to find... ;)

-slinger

undocumented features hahaha like it !!!

cmon there must be more brave souls.....i mean guinea pigs, erm I mean heroes who have flown and tested app 1.0.40 ????

does it work yet for capt android users ??

:roll:

pyrophantom said:

cmon there must be more brave souls.....i mean guinea pigs, erm I mean heroes who have flown and tested app 1.0.40 ????

I updated to 1.0.40 tonight and took the P2V out for a spin. The winds were around 30 MPH and swirling around, coming from different directions... so I didn't go that high, or far. At 250 Ft distance at 50 Ft elevation, I had no video problems at all. I'm fully updated to 3.00 with, now, the latest app on my Nexus 7. I was previewing at 640x480 @30FPS and the vid actually seemed pretty fluid.

Once this wind finally dies down I'll take her out for a more thorough test, but this really is a big improvement over 1.0.39. (I think 1.0.39 will go down as the Windows 8 of DJI Android versions... Or maybe the Windows ME version... or... Maybe the Windows Vista version... ummm or the DOS 4.0 Version... NT 3.5? :lol: :lol: :lol: )

-slinger

gunslinger said:
pyrophantom said:

I updated to 1.0.40 tonight and took the P2V out for a spin. The winds were around 30 MPH and swirling around, coming from different directions... so I didn't go that high, or far. At 250 Ft distance at 50 Ft elevation, I had no video problems at all. I'm fully updated to 3.00 with, now, the latest app on my Nexus 7. I was previewing at 640x480 @30FPS and the vid actually seemed pretty fluid.

Once this wind finally dies down I'll take her out for a more thorough test, but this really is a big improvement over 1.0.39. (I think 1.0.39 will go down as the Windows 8 of DJI Android versions... Or maybe the Windows ME version... or... Maybe the Windows Vista version... ummm or the DOS 4.0 Version... NT 3.5? :lol: :lol: :lol: )

-slinger
thanks for the update,,,,,Good News...glad to hear it potentially works....tried mine again tonight indoors after balancing my RP Gimble....1.0.40 app worked fine...

Just had 2 x 20min flights with app 1.0.40 and with the exception of a small glitch in the first flight, it actually seemed to work fine. I found the nearer I stood to something metallic (cricket nets in this instance), it was a bit more fussy, but soon as I went more out into the open it seemed to work fine. I have not updated the firmware on the aircraft yet so interesting to see those who have and how this app update works for them ?

promising though :)

Yeah they do seem to lag behind quite a bit for issuing IOS compared to Android. What I would like to know is for those flying the plus, has the updated app effected their flying or not, or are both aircraft now flying OK on the same app ???

pyrophantom said:
Yeah they do seem to lag behind quite a bit for issuing IOS compared to Android. What I would like to know is for those flying the plus, has the updated app effected their flying or not, or are both aircraft now flying OK on the same app ???

The apps "should" be for both aircraft. iOS app store has an approval process whereas the play store does not which makes updates to the android app as quick and as often as they care to push. Apple tend to take 5-10 days to approve.

hope that helps

Bmews

Just wondering how folks are finding the 1.40 app? I am a little chicken to try it. Droneslinger...... any luck with yours? I have seen more cons than pros on the play store......

guyatl2000 said:
Just wondering how folks are finding the 1.40 app? I am a little chicken to try it. Droneslinger...... any luck with yours? I have seen more cons than pros on the play store......

Yeah... I'm good with it. It solved the laggy video issues and doesn't seem to have introduced anything else sinister... :shock:

-slinger

guyatl2000 said:

Here's a video of my Phantom 2 Vision hovering after my T-Motor install. I pan down and show the current .40 version of the Android app on my Nexus 7 panning around at 640x480 30fps. It works okay and doesn't freeze even after flying through two batteries. But it's not as smooth as the iOS version that's still buggy.

https//www.youtube.com/watch?v=35zflrgLQpo

Thanks all for the help both during the problems and with the advice on the new updates. I am running a Nexus 7 and upgraded to app 1.40 and the software 3.0 with respective updates. The video on the Nexus is a little fuzzy from what I have seen, but at least it is video and not digital still images. Very happy with the update now.......

Flying again in Atlanta and North GA.

640x480 30fps with 1.40 ran well on my Galaxy S3, but terribly on my Android tablet (chinese cheapo tablet.)

Are you getting full fpv on the screen with 1.40 or does the signal cut out after a while?? ie, if the Vision is 300 meters away can you still get video or does it cut out way before then??

Ive had to send my tx off so I cant use my Vision til I get a new one :(

Cyclone said:
Are you getting full fpv on the screen with 1.40 or does the signal cut out after a while?? ie, if the Vision is 300 meters away can you still get video or does it cut out way before then??

Ive had to send my tx off so I cant use my Vision til I get a new one :(

I'm not sure. I tested it very quickly on a very windy day. I was 50' up and 250' out with no issues. It's been raining ever since, but tomorrow is supposed to be a real nice day. I'll be out very early thoroughly testing 1.0.40 and I'll report my findings back here...

-slinger

I'm still at 1.0.38 app and Vision 1.08

How does 1.40 app differ ? Is there any benefit, if I don't upgrade my Vision to 3.0 ?

Curious,

The Rookie

Dont understand why it takes them so long to catch up with their android brothers ?? It must be about 2 weeks now since 1.40 came out ??

Ive started to notice a slight bit of freezing at the start of the app right about the time you open the camera before flight, which is a little annoying and hope its not going to be a permanent thing even after recycling the app and the phone it happened so wonder if anyone else is having this with android ? I have tried 3 devices now, all android and still get this start up glitch. Will have to try completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it from scratch incase the upgrade did something weird.

:(

pyrophantom said:
Ive started to notice a slight bit of freezing at the start of the app right about the time you open the camera before flight, which is a little annoying and hope its not going to be a permanent thing even after recycling the app and the phone it happened so wonder if anyone else is having this with android ? I have tried 3 devices now, all android and still get this start up glitch. Will have to try completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it from scratch incase the upgrade did something weird.

:(
That's exactly what's happening to me as of my last 5 flights. I've done over 20 flights since i downloaded 1.0.40 and this freeze thing at start up is new. I thought It was because I kept switching the settings (640x480 15fps, etc.) according to what kind of flight I was doing ( Carefully maneuvers or distance testing). It actually never did the freeze thing till I started switching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing