DJI Vision Android App Update

Reaction score
You're probably aware that there's an update available to 1.39. I've noticed there's now a little wifi repeater icon that wasn't visible on v1.38. It's just above the number of count of pictures remaining. Obviously, the radar has changed with the outer ring now displaying 1312FT.

Within the settings screen is the ability to rename the SSID of the extender and change what happens when the connection breaks (for some reason I don't remember this on v1.38, but I could be mistaken).

I've probably missed loads but, this is just an initial play with the system. Too wet to go flying today :cry:

hope this helps

Bmews

Seahorse said:
Not really, yours is about the fifth post on the subject and it's missing the details which are here... :arrow:

Your URL takes me to responding to this post rather than your post itself.

That said, I did see your post and for me the images didn't display correctly. I've not included images just my own observations ;) they might be helpful for others, they might not. All part of the forum's rich tapestry of comment.

cheers

Bmews

Fixed. They would display fine if the forum had the appropriate PHPBB plug-in which I have pointed out elsewhere... :arrow:

Mind you, that is in a thread about PV+, the update affects PV too.
The app update might deserve it's own thread :)

First thing -- looks like it *still* doesn't log the telemetry data to a file. This is trival code wise, has been requested ages ago and would be very useful.. Ok, I expect many of us have hacked the existing app to do this, or fitted something like a flytrex, but why is it not in the official app?

Edit: Oh -- and yes, Adam, please digitus extractum and fix the image resize issue as seahorse and others have asked.. :)

Actually -- sounds like this app update may be of no use to PV owners -- I wonder if the repeater battery indicator only works with the new repeater that's on the Pv+

And -- what happened to PV waypoints?!

I'm pretty sure this is new but correct me if I'm wrong....

Preview Quality:
640x480 30fps
640x480 15fps
320x240 30fps
320x240 15fps

I don't remember being able to select 640x480 30fps before.

My FPV works like **** since the update. Was always smooth before now it freezes and is choppy at its best.

WTH :evil:

Has anyone else actually flown with this update yet? I just came back from a flight after the install and I had to back my preview off from 640x480 @15fps to 320x240 @15fps. The Nexus 7 could not keep up with the vid. I couldn't see what was going on in FPV. I'll do some more testing this afternoon, but I've never had that happen before and I'm pretty sure it's the app.

Also... if you have a "max height" set, a warning (that covers half the frickin' screen) alerts you when you've reached it. And the frickin' warning stays right there in the middle of your screen. It's exactly what I want to look at when I'm at my MAXIMUM FRICKIN' HEIGHT !!! Oy vey....

-slinger

Byrdimaging said:
I don't remember being able to select 640x480 30fps before.

Yes you could and it's what I have always used. It's also why I wouldn't bother using a 7" tablet... :arrow:

gunslinger said:
Has anyone else actually flown with this update yet? I just came back from a flight after the install and I had to back my preview off from 640x480 @15fps to 320x240 @15fps. The Nexus 7 could not keep up with the vid. I couldn't see what was going on in FPV. I'll do some more testing this afternoon, but I've never had that happen before and I'm pretty sure it's the app.

Also... if you have a "max height" set, a warning (that covers half the frickin' screen) alerts you when you've reached it. And the frickin' warning stays right there in the middle of your screen. It's exactly what I want to look at when I'm at my MAXIMUM FRICKIN' HEIGHT !!! Oy vey....

-slinger

Any update on that? I did read someone in another forum reporting something similar....
Does the repeater battery level show up for the PV?

gpauk said:
gunslinger said:

-slinger

Any update on that? I did read someone in another forum reporting something similar....

Good question, but I have no answer. Between the screen freezing up and the max height warning I didn't notice.. :D

-slinger

gpauk said:
No it doesn't just the icon shows.
My system worked perfectly until this forced app update freaking jackwagons!

Turn off auto updates in settings to keep current version.
the link below will show you how to do this
Disabling Automatic App Updates
For starters you’re going to need to be inside the Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) to disable this feature. So head into your application tray and look for the white “Play Store” icon shown below. This is where we’ll start.

Once you open the Google Play Store you’re going to head into the settings panel to make the necessary changes. This can be done by selecting the dedicated menu button on your Android device (or the 3 dots in the upper corner if you have on-screen keys) and then selecting Settings. From here you’ll want to select the third option down titled Auto-update apps, as shown in the image below for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/10/08 ... s-android/

We need an archive of previous versions for both the Vision and the phone apps... Ive only had my Vision for a month... I want to chose WHEN and IF i upgrade to a newer version.

Has Anyone kept every version of the apps and Vision firmware?

Thanks for your responses.

BMEWS said:
You're probably aware that there's an update available to 1.39. I've noticed there's now a little wifi repeater icon that wasn't visible on v1.38. It's just above the number of count of pictures remaining. Obviously, the radar has changed with the outer ring now displaying 1312FT.

Within the settings screen is the ability to rename the SSID of the extender and change what happens when the connection breaks (for some reason I don't remember this on v1.38, but I could be mistaken).

I've probably missed loads but, this is just an initial play with the system. Too wet to go flying today :cry:

hope this helps

Bmews

Another important update is 640x480 30FPS preview quality, very noticeable improvement over the 15fps.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj