DJI Vision Android App Update

pyrophantom said:
Ive started to notice a slight bit of freezing at the start of the app right about the time you open the camera before flight, which is a little annoying and hope its not going to be a permanent thing even after recycling the app and the phone it happened so wonder if anyone else is having this with android ? I have tried 3 devices now, all android and still get this start up glitch. Will have to try completely uninstalling it and reinstalling it from scratch incase the upgrade did something weird.

:(
I get that as well at the start. Also a black screen after taking a picture, stream then re-appears after a few seconds. Saving RAW images takes sooo long despite me using a UHS-1 Sandisk 32GB card, pretty frustrating.

Well glad its not just me, maybe time for yet another little moan to customer support about this as its clearly something not right at start up.

:|

did anyone else's camera start acting up after switching the settings (640x480 15fps, etc.) like mine did. I never had this problem, at all, until the first time i switched the settings. it's happened every time since on every flight.

I updated to 1.0.40 about a week ago. Thought it was ok. After flying out to my normal max range of around 2000ft for video the camera picture froze. This is normal for the area I fly in. Heavy Wifi networks. Usually if I backup some to regain Wifi and then just cruise around a few feet closer I'm fine.

Since installing 1.0.40 my camera would freeze but I couldn't get good video back until I'm just a few hundred meters from home point. Of course that didn't make since. I assumed it must be Wifi interfence or some other problem with my equipment. Spent many hours rechecking connections and testing cables. Went out and test flew again with the same results.

Today I flew in the morning with same problems. Came back home recharged batteries. Changed back to 1.0.38 app. and went out to test again. Everything worked fine. Flew to my normal Wifi max range until I lost video then backed up some. Regained Wifi and video as normal.

Now this small problem may not mean much to DJI but I spent countless hours trying to find my equipment problem only to find out I didn't have a problem. 1.0.38 app. fixed it. I'm not going to rant to much about this but DJI will never see any more of my dollars. I don't trust their quality control.

enterprise1 said:
I updated to 1.0.40 about a week ago. Thought it was ok. After flying out to my normal max range of around 2000ft for video the camera picture froze. This is normal for the area I fly in. Heavy Wifi networks. Usually if I backup some to regain Wifi and then just cruise around a few feet closer I'm fine.

Since installing 1.0.40 my camera would freeze but I couldn't get good video back until I'm just a few hundred meters from home point. Of course that didn't make since. I assumed it must be Wifi interfence or some other problem with my equipment. Spent many hours rechecking connections and testing cables. Went out and test flew again with the same results.

Today I flew in the morning with same problems. Came back home recharged batteries. Changed back to 1.0.38 app. and went out to test again. Everything worked fine. Flew to my normal Wifi max range until I lost video then backed up some. Regained Wifi and video as normal.

Now this small problem may not mean much to DJI but I spent countless hours trying to find my equipment problem only to find out I didn't have a problem. 1.0.38 app. fixed it. I'm not going to rant to much about this but DJI will never see any more of my dollars. I don't trust their quality control.

They have quality control??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock:

gunslinger said:
enterprise1 said:

Supposedly !!! :lol:

gunslinger said:
enterprise1 said:

Been having having problems with 1.0.40 dropping out the fpv at short ranges on my P2V+, and not getting the picture back, thanks for all this info, i will be giving 1.0.38 a try to see how this works out.

Got to love this forum.

Cheers

D

is it me or the android version ( 1.0.40 ) have a distance limit of 2000m and after passing 2000m it gives N/A

OMG 1.0.39 !!!....good luck !!....most of us were pulling our hair out with that version, it was like DJIs equivalent of windows 2000 or ME !!!

:D

Until today I've had no problem with the current DJI P2V software. I'm fully updated, including Android version 1.0.40 on a 2012 Nexus 7.

I flew in two different locations today. At the second location, I was slowly coming down from just over 300 feet and moving backwards towards me, when the klaxon went off. I knew I had approx 50% battery left but It was a bright day, and I couldn't concentrate on the screen, to see what was up, and the aircraft at the same time. I chose the aircraft. I got down to about fifty feet when I realized I was no longer bringing her down. She was coming down on her own. :shock:

I also noticed that if I gave the TX full ascend, I could override the forced landing... kind of. With the left stick all the way up, the aircraft stopped descending and very slowly went up. I wish I would have put it in ATTI mode at this point to see if I could regain full control, but I was more intent on getting her down. After finally hand landing her, I was able to view the app and it showed two percent battery available. I could see by the battery lights that I had about 50% still in the tank... So... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!! :evil:

I turned off the battery, turned off the extender and turned off the TX. I then immediately turned on the TX, turned on the extender and turned on the battery. The app should 42% available. :roll:

Is this a battery pin problem? A firmware problem? A hardware problem? Whichever it is, I'm now way out of my comfort zone with this freakin' thing. :x :evil: :twisted:

-slinger

I too have about the same issue, fully charged battery, and if I am pushing the UAV hard like making it move faster, I too will get the low battery alert, yet the battery is not low. This happens to my first battery, SN 964, that came with the P2V. It is scary when this starts going off and you are out in the middle of a river!

Phantom 2 Vision
UAV Pilot 4 Fun - Allan
Cypress TX USA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

pyrophantom said:
OMG 1.0.39 !!!....good luck !!....most of us were pulling our hair out with that version, it was like DJIs equivalent of windows 2000 or ME !!!

:D

Yep i hear ya, worse than before, i went back to 1.0.40, and i think i will stay there, i had rolled back the main P2V+ to firmware version 1.08 as that seems to be the most stable, with less restrictions and i personally think it's smoother, and it's staying on
V 1.08 period.

I read that they are bringing out a new DJI App with way points, but then from the demo i saw, it seems fairly pointless as you can't loiter at a waypoint and move the quad to take your shot, you can only tilt your camera, crazy.

D

since doing the update every time I power up the camera starts record keep going in to settings to try to stop this from happening but nothing is working as anyone else getting this

gunslinger said:
Until today I've had no problem with the current DJI P2V software. I'm fully updated, including Android version 1.0.40 on a 2012 Nexus 7.

I flew in two different locations today. At the second location, I was slowly coming down from just over 300 feet and moving backwards towards me, when the klaxon went off. I knew I had approx 50% battery left but It was a bright day, and I couldn't concentrate on the screen, to see what was up, and the aircraft at the same time. I chose the aircraft. I got down to about fifty feet when I realized I was no longer bringing her down. She was coming down on her own. :shock:

I also noticed that if I gave the TX full ascend, I could override the forced landing... kind of. With the left stick all the way up, the aircraft stopped descending and very slowly went up. I wish I would have put it in ATTI mode at this point to see if I could regain full control, but I was more intent on getting her down. After finally hand landing her, I was able to view the app and it showed two percent battery available. I could see by the battery lights that I had about 50% still in the tank... So... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot !!! :evil:

I turned off the battery, turned off the extender and turned off the TX. I then immediately turned on the TX, turned on the extender and turned on the battery. The app should 42% available. :roll:

Is this a battery pin problem? A firmware problem? A hardware problem? Whichever it is, I'm now way out of my comfort zone with this freakin' thing. :x :evil: :twisted:

-slinger

I have had the same issue take place a couple of times now where the alarm went off yet I was showing 60% battery, and today it tried to force itself to land but I was able to override it with more thrust. I'm on .38 so I don't think it's really app related, more than likely battery. I've been lucky in that it has only happened when I was low over the yard, but if I was over water :shock: :shock:

PV2+ updated, RC updated, App updated, Nexus5 updated... and I can't use nothing over a miserable 320x240@15fps.....
If I try 640x480, after few seconds i lose video... no solution? :(

Smb said:
PV2+ updated, RC updated, App updated, Nexus5 updated... and I can't use nothing over a miserable 320x240@15fps.....

Interesting. I have the P2V and have a Nexus 5 and it works rock solid for me, even 640x480@15fps.

Have you maybe tried a factory reset of the phone? I know that sounds a little drastic but once you get a boat load of apps on there, it can bog it down seriously.

BigTulsa said:
Smb said:

Interesting. I have the P2V and have a Nexus 5 and it works rock solid for me, even 640x480@15fps.

Have you maybe tried a factory reset of the phone? I know that sounds a little drastic but once you get a boat load of apps on there, it can bog it down seriously.

I haven't tried the factory reset because yes, its' a little drastic (i use the nexus to work and except the software, easily reinstallable, i have a lot of configurations), and mainly because I've read around that the problem is quite common with both the nexus5 than with other smartphones, after updating the Android version or updating the version of the DJI application.
Examples: http://www.baronerosso.it/forum/modelli-multirotori/314260-phantom-2-vision-13.html, play store comments, and more.

I'm sure its the revisions...I've stayed on 1.08 and Android app 1.0.38 on my Nexus 7 (2013) and I maintain video up to nearly a 1000 feet.
I refuse to update anything until I see 'BETTER' performance than what I am currently getting.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18