DJI Phantom FC40 Forum

:lol: I kinda feel anyone that does say yes to your question may be setting themself up for a bad time....

"The new Phantom FC40 ... all the flaws of the Vision but now with less than half the flight time!" :mrgreen:

Sorry... couldn't resist.

I think it is a great entry level. Complete FPV set up for under $600.00? Hard to beat.

They are shipping already. I got one coming for a relative.

Well... if there's a cheap\easy wifi repeater, this can be quite an interesting platform to make use of those remote-controlled wifi cameras:

- GoPros (now truly remotely controllable)
- Sony RX100 II (Chase Jarvis took his for a swim in the north pole...)
- Smartphones (lots of apps for remote video\camera control)
etc

I agree. The 5.8 controller gives you much more flexibility for the use of the GP Wi-Fi, especially with a repeater.

I got the Sony rx 100 for Christmas. WAY too scared to fly with it right now. I'll stick to my Go Pro for now.

I got mine a week ago,
I an being very careful as it is my first time with a quadcopter
So far I am so pleased, this thing is awesome,
the flight time is aprox 12 mins, I have three battery's so just change them no problem, and apparently they charge in a fraction of the time the vision battery's do,
and the price is half of that for that Phantom vision, especially if you cannot afford the higher price, and a beginner,
I am told that the Phantom prices hold very well so that's a bonus if you want to upgrade later.

haven't connected the camera as yet as I am waiting for a micro SD card to arrive

I thing I cannot do as yet is the IOC and home lock function, I believe I have to download something to the phantom
there is a instruction video on Phantom pilots site but it says the video is private,
anyone know what to do?

antonio232 said:
I got mine a week ago,
I an being very careful as it is my first time with a quadcopter
So far I am so pleased, this thing is awesome,
the flight time is aprox 12 mins, I have three battery's so just change them no problem, and apparently they charge in a fraction of the time the vision battery's do,
and the price is half of that for that Phantom vision, especially if you cannot afford the higher price, and a beginner,
I am told that the Phantom prices hold very well so that's a bonus if you want to upgrade later.

haven't connected the camera as yet as I am waiting for a micro SD card to arrive

I thing I cannot do as yet is the IOC and home lock function, I believe I have to download something to the phantom
there is a instruction video on Phantom pilots site but it says the video is private,
anyone know what to do?
The excellent tutorial videos have been taken down by DJI- some sort of internal rows.

But the short answer to your question- yes, you need to download the Naza assistant from DJI support in order to enable the IOC functions.
http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-fc40-downloads/
So- first download these 2 things;
* the Naza assistant
* the DJI driver installer

You will most likely already have the latest firmware installed [v.4.02] but the assistant will tell you once you have it up and running.

You are one of the first with an FC40- keep us informed with how you are getting on

Edit- just found this which seems to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XT3RwpUwUUc

I have downloaded the DJI driver and the Naza assistant software as per the instructions from DJI for the Fc40,

The video tutorial For the old version was very useful thank you, but there seems to be nothing for this version?

the driver seemed to have no problems installing as also the Naza assistant software v2.20, but when I open the Naza on the pc the lights at the bottom left stay blue/red on the pc control panel and nothing seems to happen,

Anyway I took it out and give it a flight, "still very impressed" but the IOC and the Home lock unfortunately still do not work,
suggestions please

The IOC needs to be enabled once you are into Naza assistant.

Be suspicious of your USB connection/cable. I assume you have the transmitter on and the quad powered up.

as I said I can't get into the Maza assistant to be able to do anything.

Yes the transmitter and quad were powered up as per the 2nd video link you kindly provided,

What do you mean be suspicious of the USB cable?
I used the cable provided with the Phantom, it is in two parts, ie:- two cable to get the length req.
what I did notice is that nothing popped up on the pc to say a USB was connected, should this be so?

Yes, the USB is in 2 parts. The main one has been known to give trouble. The internal one has sometimes been found to not be plugged in properly.
I am sure your problem is in this area. If the Naza driver was not installed properly,I would expect an 'unknown device' error to show.

I cannot remember for sure, but a seem to recall that the Phantom LED goes to solid green when a connection is established.

OK Guys

Everything now is working as it should be, thank you Discv for you help,

I have now had 3 flights using the camera I must say that the quality of the video/photos are superb,
and of course you can stop the video and start the video when you want to, remotely via your phone, and also fly FPV

In my opinion this DJI Phantom Fc40 represents excellent value for money for beginners to intimidate RC pilots

When I have found out how to upload the videos I will do so.???

antonio232 said:
OK Guys

Everything now is working as it should be, thank you Discv for you help,

I have now had 3 flights using the camera I must say that the quality of the video/photos are superb,
and of course you can stop the video and start the video when you want to, remotely via your phone, and also fly FPV

In my opinion this DJI Phantom Fc40 represents excellent value for money for beginners to intimidate RC pilots

When I have found out how to upload the videos I will do so.???
For the record- what did the answer to the problem turn out to be?

Please keep posting [ a new topic would be good] on how you are getting on. I would particularly like to know about ranges- of the transmitter and camera wifi.

The problem was the extension lead that came with the Phantom.
you obviously need a good one piece lead
I must admit for a supposed toy it is very complex and needs some figuring out to work all the functions
I have now uploaded my first flight on to Youtube
I am sure when the wind drops and I am a little more competent the videos will be plenty good enough for most people,
let me know your thoughts

link to you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQabvvBm ... e=youtu.be

http://youtu.be/TQabvvBmfHo

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl